Status
Not open for further replies.

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
The transfer market is gathering pace - lots of rumours doing the rounds.

The words 'Manchester City' and 'Hijack' seems to be cropping up a lot :LOL:

I'm sure they just wait to see what everybody is up to and then decide if they want to join in.

Last edited:
Seems Barca and Arsenal are holding up all the transfers with the Fabregas saga.

Barca's move for Fabregas (the final price) could well determine whether they can also bring in Alexi Sanchez.

Sanchez seems to be wanted by just about everybody at the moment and I suspect a few clubs are waiting to hear what he's doing before looking at Sneijder, Modric, Nasri etc.....

I'd like to welcome charlie adam to liverpool, great signing, i'm surprised we got him

I see Wes Brown has moved to Sunderland today. I guess he's just too far down the central defensive pecking order now at United and hopfully he can now get regular first team action.

Darren Gibson will probably follow as will John O'Shea although I think O'Shea is a really handy player to keep as he can fill in just about anywhere on the pitch.

I see Wes Brown has moved to Sunderland today. I guess he's just too far down the central defensive pecking order now at United and hopfully he can now get regular first team action.

Darren Gibson will probably follow as will John O'Shea although I think O'Shea is a really handy player to keep as he can fill in just about anywhere on the pitch.

oshea aleady did follow didn't he?

i thought i read he was doing a medical at sunderland

what about all these hargreaves youtube vids? thats all a bit mental!

Hargreaves - yep they were funny and can't blame the lad for trying.

O'Shea - yep - he's having a medical I think but Brown has already been 'paraded'.

O'Shea now signed too.

Last edited:
What's your view on the Anfield / relocation debate Joe ?

What's your view on the Anfield / relocation debate Joe ?

i don't know if there is a debate from what i have read, sounds like there might be too much issue with the redevelopment of anfield.

If there was that option i think you'd be crazy to relocate if you can improve - afterall, nobody likes change

Come on Arsenal... Wenger has to go!! Ok, we all knew Fabregas was going to probably leave, so where is the replacement for him???? Let alone Nasri looking to leave - then what???

Wilshire - great player so not fussed there, but aside from Walcott (who can be a bit hit & miss) and Song we dont have any decent mids to challenge for a top 4 slot (maybe Ramsey too). So at best, we have 3 good mids??? Still nothing up front (whoppee do, a French striker who hit 15 goals!!!). No central defs as yet.

We do have a bit of time left but Man U look in a really good position, Chelsea have a better side and seem to be looking for players (Modric) and Liverpool scare me - Henderson, Adam, Downing(?) are all good players.

nasri not likely to join UTD

that's good news, i think nasri is top class, and now with modric supposedly not up for sale no matter what the price and adams in the liverpool camp I assume utd will shift all their pulling power to the dutchman!

I hope they don't get schnieder, but I'm not sure if he's as good as nasri, and i would like to see him in the prem.

if not schneider then who else will they look to replace scholes?

Wesley Sneijder is a different player to Nasri in alot of ways. His quality of delivery is as good as any in the game.

Nasri I see more as a player capable of beating his man, or providing a link from midfield to the forwards, but not somebody I would want collecting the ball from defence around the centre circle, too weak.

Modric is a combination of the 2, the most like scholes out of the 3. I'd love to see him in a liverpool shirt. Guess we will just have to make do with Adam, Gerrard, Henderson, Meireles etc etc :p

Wesley Sneijder is a different player to Nasri in alot of ways. His quality of delivery is as good as any in the game.

Nasri I see more as a player capable of beating his man, or providing a link from midfield to the forwards, but not somebody I would want collecting the ball from defence around the centre circle, too weak.

Modric is a combination of the 2, the most like scholes out of the 3. I'd love to see him in a liverpool shirt. Guess we will just have to make do with Adam, Gerrard, Henderson, Meireles etc etc :p

what a shame!!

Guess we will just have to make do with Adam, Gerrard, Henderson, Meireles etc etc :p

Meireles and Aquilani could well be off.

I really liked the look of Alexis Sanchez - certainly skillful and entertaining.

No doubting the ability of Nasri and Modric but I'd sooner we went for Sneijder. At 27 he's a little older than the players we've tended to bring in of late but I just feel he would bring in a little bit of experience, calm and quality distribution.

That said - we may end up bringing nobody else in.

Come on Arsenal... Wenger has to go!! Ok, we all knew Fabregas was going to probably leave, so where is the replacement for him???? Let alone Nasri looking to leave - then what???

Wilshire - great player so not fussed there, but aside from Walcott (who can be a bit hit & miss) and Song we dont have any decent mids to challenge for a top 4 slot (maybe Ramsey too). So at best, we have 3 good mids??? Still nothing up front (whoppee do, a French striker who hit 15 goals!!!). No central defs as yet.

We do have a bit of time left but Man U look in a really good position, Chelsea have a better side and seem to be looking for players (Modric) and Liverpool scare me - Henderson, Adam, Downing(?) are all good players.

Here come the calls for 'Wenger Out' again, Jesus.

Still plenty of time left...

Wenger should have bought last summer and again in Winter, and is showing little sign of going for it now.

Even if we keep Nasri and Fabregas, we need at least 2 top quality defenders, a decent left back as cover for Gibbs, one wide mid and another central mid, another decent striker.

The only reason why I think he should go is that he seems to be deluded enough to think we can still challenge. We cant. I see us getting 5th place at best

Meireles and Aquilani could well be off.

aquilani who?

not present last season and not present the season before even when he was in the team :LOL:

meireles came good at the end of last season, but with no european football this year there may not be a spot for him with gerrard, adams, kuyt and rodriguez in midfield

from what i read schneiders age is the only thing going against him. 30 mil for a player who doesn't have his best years ahead of him might not be a good investment

Think he's only just turned 27 so not really a massive issue.

Younger players are coming in all around the team with a view to developing so I think getting somebody with experience into the heart of the team right now would be a great idea esp when you look at the players that have retired.

Think he's only just turned 27 so not really a massive issue.

Younger players are coming in all around the team with a view to developing so I think getting somebody with experience into the heart of the team right now would be a great idea esp when you look at the players that have retired.

according to the inter milan boss they have received no bids and he's not for sale

how often do you read something like that and then 2 days later the player is sold

sounds like his weekly wages are going to be a bit steep!!

according to the inter milan boss they have received no bids and he's not for sale

how often do you read something like that and then 2 days later the player is sold

sounds like his weekly wages are going to be a bit steep!!

It seems to vary depending on the source.

I think Inter's stance is that he's not for sale unless enough money is offered. The players stance is that he's happy at Inter but if Inter want to sell him he'd be happy to join United. Not rocket science but they're obviously holding out for whatever they can.

At United's end I think David Gill is looking at wages. The overall wage bill has dropped a lot over the last few months supposedly giving some fexibilty to meet Sneijder's personal terms although it seems there's some issue with Rooney being the 'top earner' or something with his current £250,000 a week contract..

Just a case of wait and see I guess.

just like i said

day 1 He is not for sale under any circumstances

day 2 he signs for said team

Young then Downing, I think Villa are selling themselves into the Championship.:crying:

well Schneider could do for utd what vdv has done for spurs.

Will be a tasty signing for sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the prem, just sad it's in a manure coloured shirt! :LOL:

as for downing, i can't say i have ever rated him, but perhaps he'll win me over

Am i the only one that thinks Liverpool consistently seem to pay over the odds!!?? Downing (if he goes) is just another name to add to the list - above average premier league player, but he doesnt decide the course of matches on a regular basis. How many left sided players have they tried over the last 3 or 4 years?? (cant help wondering where they would be if they had kept JA Risse and spent the ££ elsewhere....)

just like i said

day 1 He is not for sale under any circumstances

day 2 he signs for said team

That's the norm though isn't it.

Still - we'll have to wait and see if it happens as there's plenty of other sources saying it's all fallen through or (Ferguson himself) calling it just newspaper talk.

Last edited:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-man-city-beat-la-galaxy-on-penalties?cc=5739

what do you make of ballotelli's back heel

When you watch it back you hear a whistle from the crowd and then he changes pace and just sort of gives it up. I think it does look like he thought he was offside, maybe he heard the whistle and thought it was the ref's?

although if he was caught offside and did that, thats a yellow card for time wasting surely?

Ah well, that's Rangers beaten at home 1-0 by Malmo in their Champions League qualifier first leg, so that's a reasonable double with Dundee United getting knocked out of the Europa League last week!:bang:

Ah well, that's Rangers beaten at home 1-0 by Malmo in their Champions League qualifier first leg, so that's a reasonable double with Dundee United getting knocked out of the Europa League last week!:bang:

To think, if we didn't start the season early, it would have been worse :shrug:

Aguero on joining City
"I like to wear blue & white like Argentina. From what I see so do people of Manchester. At Heathrow I saw lots of Manchester United shirts."

Gael Clichy on joining City
"I understand that the people who live in Manchester are the true fans. They are from City,"

Sauce with your Chip ? - You've got to love the scripts they're given :LOL::LOL: Muppetry at it's finest.

Last edited:
Aguero on joining City
"I like to wear blue & white like Argentina. From what I see so do people of Manchester. At Heathrow I saw lots of Manchester United shirts."

Gael Clichy on joining City
"I understand that the people who live in Manchester are the true fans. They are from City,"

You've got to love the scripts they're given :LOL::LOL:

Did either of them say they've always admired City and dreamed of playing for them? Mmmm, thought not.

Meanwhile back on Planet Ewood, according to the Mirror Steve Kean says they'll be in the Champions League in 4 seasons. Mind you, in the photo at the link he seems to be getting messages without using a phone. :wacky:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...pions-League-in-four-years-article776453.html

And still silence from Arsenal... 1 possibly ok signing... will be finishing closer to Stoke than Man U.

And still silence from Arsenal... 1 possibly ok signing... will be finishing closer to Stoke than Man U.

It gets worse. I hear the lady that cleans the trophy room has been sent on a two year loan deal to Kettering.

:coat:

It gets worse. I hear the lady that cleans the trophy room has been sent on a two year loan deal to Kettering.

:coat:

Naughty - but funny :D

The Wesley Sneijder saga is starting to get a bit tedious - more like a game of poker than a football transfer.

Really hope they find a solution though as he's exactly what United need.

If anyone's starting a sweepstake on the first manager to get sacked, put me down for Jim Jefferies of Hearts. :wave:

What planet is Mike Ashley on??? Barton was the best player at St James's last season. He had a year left but has been released. Ok, i know he has had a few issues in the past but he does seem to have put those behind him. I know that i would love to see him at Arsenal - just the player we need.

I'll bet anyone who wants to take it that Schneider will be at man u before the transfer deadline and moderic will be at Chelsea.

9 man Rangers lose to 10 man Malmo, so that's the Scottish interest in the Champion's League finished already.:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back