The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tevez must be one of the most frustrating players to manage. Seems settled for a year then the crap hits the fan. Would love to know how much of it id him or is it partly the press exagerating it. Good player on his day but ......

Tevez could put himself out of the game for good if he carries on, as no team manager will want him.

Tevez could put himself out of the game for good if he carries on, as no team manager will want him.

Managers let rapist and murderers play so i'm sure someone would take a mardarse.

Shocking decision by the ref to send off Jack Rodwell.

East Fife four - Forfar three.

So very nearly got the famous scoreline.

This gave me a right giggle

Manchester_United_fans_taunt_Manchester_City_rivals_over_Carlos_Tevez_with_billboard_in_city_centre_-_Telegraph-20111001-200159.jpg

Was photographing a wedding this weekend so only just catching up with the footy. Sounds like the red card in the merseyside derby was a non event but great to smash to past them away from home.

Also by all accounts it sounds like utd were lucky to get away with a win at home to Norwich? Is that right? Somehow I find that hard to believe!

Shocking decision by the ref to send off Jack Rodwell.

That ref should be struck off. Never seen a more inept decision. If that had been gives as a free kick against you, you would moan about it being a bad decision but a red.... Complete joke. Pure incompetence by the ref who will no doubt be protected by the idiots at the FA.

Yet again, it appears that Arsenal do not do defensive training during the week. Some shocking defending again... Its been an issue now for ages but management obviously dont see it as a problem.

I genuinely think that we will struggle to finish above 7th this season.

That ref should be struck off. Never seen a more inept decision. If that had been gives as a free kick against you, you would moan about it being a bad decision but a red.... Complete joke. Pure incompetence by the ref who will no doubt be protected by the idiots at the FA.

Poor decision by the ref, but good to see a wrong call go our way after the start of this season having so many calls wrongly against us. They do say the wrong calls even themselves out over the season so I'm pleased this one went our way and helped us get the 3 points.

Refs will always make mistakes, missing a handball or giving a dodgy decision and thats something we have to put up with, but I have not seen a decision as bad as that since the Barca-Chelsea game the other season.

Luis Suarez didn't really help matters either acting like he'd been shot.

Dislikeable as Suarez is I wouldn't single him out however his reaction combined with his reputation for previous contributed to a lot of the ill feeling that was evident at the game.

Luis Suarez didn't really help matters either acting like he'd been shot.

Dislikeable as Suarez is I wouldn't single him out however his reaction combined with his reputation for previous contributed to a lot of the ill feeling that was evident at the game.

He has a reputation for that even from Ajax. He's a born goal scorer though and has brought some great attacking options to us.

What did you make of Norwich at yours then? The reports I've read seem to indicate that utd were lucky to win the game, is that right?

He has a reputation for that even from Ajax. He's a born goal scorer though and has brought some great attacking options to us.

What did you make of Norwich at yours then? The reports I've read seem to indicate that utd were lucky to win the game, is that right?

No doubting his ability - I think he's a great player - reminds me of Freddie Mercury :D

Watched the United game on a dodgy stream - no doubt United weren't at their best but they kept going and got there in the end. What I would say is that Norwich wasted quite a few chances which usually translates into 'United were lucky'. I prefer 'won without playing at our best' LOL

Last edited:
Little consolation after playing the remaining 63 minutes of the match wrongly down to 10 men but I guess it stops a ban at least.

meh, that's football. Im not going to complain, it helped us win the game and get a much needed 3 points (y)

Wayne Rooney - An Idiot Abroad

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

(I know that it's all going to go wrong for Scotland tomorrow but sod it)

Phew - that was a bit more of a game than I'd hoped for.

At least we've qualified now although i'm miffed that Rooney will be missing for a few games.

Phew - that was a bit more of a game than I'd hoped for.

At least we've qualified now although i'm miffed that Rooney will be missing for a few games.

miffed?

I hope they slap 5 game ban on him and capello leaves him at home. I'd rather lose without him than win with him right now, he's a joke.

I wonder if his dad had a bet on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back