The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another game with Dean the ref, another game we've lost unless a miracle happens in the next 3 minutes. Penalty denied because of a wrong offside decision. Other than that we've been poor. No intensity, diaby off the pace.

TriggerHappy said:
Another game with Dean the ref, another game we've lost unless a miracle happens in the next 3 minutes. Penalty denied because of a wrong offside decision. Other than that we've been poor. No intensity, diaby off the pace.

Hate to say I told you so, but to lose to a l2 club, then at home to a mediocre championship club is nothing more than a disgrace. The team consistently prove they are not up to it and the manager is a joke. Maybe now you realist that wenger has his head in his side and cannot motivate.

cambsno said:
Hate to say I told you so, but to lose to a l2 club, then at home to a mediocre championship club is nothing more than a disgrace. The team consistently prove they are not up to it and the manager is a joke. Maybe now you realist that wenger has his head in his side and cannot motivate.

*yawn* not going there again with you. We'll never agree.

Byker28i said:
So that's arsenal free to concentrate on, erm.....

Finding a decent manager who can motivate.

As I understand it we could have had one of the best strikers in the world, villa, for £13m but decided not to. We would rather spend £11m on likes of gervinho.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...-late-bid-for-david-villa-soccer-roundup.html

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/31/liver...lona-striker-david-villa-is-rejected-3334004/

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/barca-wont-sell-arsenal-target-in-january

However those reports have been dismissed by the Barcelona official who told Sky Sports: ”In January we will keep Villa and it is important to remember that Barcelona is a club that habitually does not accept offers for star players in January,”

It's no secret that Barcelona are **** to strike transfer deals with. You're on another planet if you think £13m would have done it.

Last edited:

And they prove what??? Who knows whether 11,13,15 or even 18m would have been enough, but the sources above say 15 or 16m, still a great price for a great striker. And who cares if barca said he would not be going, wenger says the same about our players a day before they move.

Regardless of villa, far too many lacklustre performances = manage to blame. It was only a few weeks ago he said he did not need to add to squad, well, can't even score against a championship club at home...

cambsno said:
And they prove what??? Who knows whether 11,13,15 or even 18m would have been enough, but the sources above say 15 or 16m, still a great price for a great striker. And who cares if barca said he would not be going, wenger says the same about our players a day before they move.

Regardless of villa, far too many lacklustre performances = manage to blame. It was only a few weeks ago he said he did not need to add to squad, well, can't even score against a championship club at home...

You have such a simplistic outlook on football. But I'm going to stop typing now before I get drawn in to a discussion I can't be bothered to flog to death again.

Funnily enough, despite my moans, I would not bet against us doing a Chelsea this season, and at least getting to the final.

Yep, in Cup competitions the best team does not always win ;)

good weekend so far, everton get held, hopefully the rags will lose tomorrow and hoping for a liverpool win - for that to happen suarez needs to show up and michu have a bad day I think!

good weekend so far, everton get held, hopefully the rags will lose tomorrow and hoping for a liverpool win - for that to happen suarez needs to show up and michu have a bad day I think!

who are the rags?

Ooh, the comedy store is open then? So who is playing tomorrow that a city and a liverpool fan might be abusing :LOL:

...on 2nd thought I'm not going to ruin this yet :LOL:

ruin what - if I don't know something - how am I supposed to know? ....Can you imagine a teacher not telling a kid an answer at school?....you lot would go ape ****

hurry as I have a film to watch ...and then I won't be bothered

ooh, what film? i need somthing to record and watch on monday as there's no football on :D

Just to let you all know......

The joke is on you Joseph as the Rags do not play until Monday................

See....I was playing yo all along.....but hey ho.

The Odessa File......... John Voigt film from the 70's ....night night all.

Lol! Seen it, i'll watch the game instead ;)

Just to let you all know......

The joke is on you Joseph as the Rags do not play until Monday................

See....I was playing yo all along.....but hey ho.

yeah yeah, quick google search was it tom? :naughty::naughty:

You should well know you gave yourselves the name :LOL:

yeah yeah, quick google search was it tom? :naughty::naughty:

You should well know you gave yourselves the name :LOL:

Not at all you mug, I knew all along, I was pulling you on the fact that 'the rags' don't play 'til Monday.

All because banter was very thin on the ground today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back