The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
there has been some tenuous links in the past but this has got to be the most tenuous I've seen.

So because Suarez got a ban for racism and the club are rightly concerned about racism at zenit its the gift that keeps giving? :shrug:

how exactly?

If the club do have concerns about racism being thrown at fans and at players on the pitch - how would you suggest they handled those concerns so they weren't "giving"?

Ignore them, Joe.

joescrivens said:
there has been some tenuous links in the past but this has got to be the most tenuous I've seen.

So because Suarez got a ban for racism and the club are rightly concerned about racism at zenit its the gift that keeps giving? :shrug:

how exactly?

If the club do have concerns about racism being thrown at fans and at players on the pitch - how would you suggest they handled those concerns so they weren't "giving"?

:LOL: :LOL: this reaction was exactly why I shared it. Thanks, Joe :D

Fergie and Mourinho in good form at their press conference.

Jose Mourinho plays down talk he'll succeed Alex Ferguson at Manchester United - "I don't think so. I think we'll end our careers about the same time - him at 90, me at 70"

Alex Ferguson - First question from a French reporter, about a kiss and tell involving Evra. Fergie:"Was that a grenade thrown in there?!"

Alex ferguson - couldn't see David McDonnell as he asks a question in press conf. "I should've recognised that voice. Like poison creeping over my body..."

Celtic doing OK v Juventus despite conceeding in the opening couple of mins. I think they'll need to win tonight given their contrasting home / away record.

lighten up big man, it is banter - Jamie has been getting a lot lately and he just needed a bit of respite.

Tommy, old fruit, you seem to have read a lot into three words. I was simply suggesting Joe didn't bite.

Tommy, old fruit, you seem to have read a lot into three words. I was simply suggesting Joe didn't bite.

No probs me ol' mucker.

Can't believe Celtic havnae (see what I did there) scored or been given a penalty yet.

Juventus were set up in the first half to sit and welcome Celtic onto them so Celtic were going to have more in the way of chances. The longer the game goes on the more that could play in Juve's hands and you can bet it will be a different game plan in the second leg.

Celtic looking more threatening in the second half though so hopefully they can get on the score sheet.

Hooper has been getting a rough deal on corners - good to see a load of shoving and pushing.

Celtic looking good but every shot has gone straight down the middle of goal. As if Buffon wasn't hard enough to beat anyway, you've got to be more precise with the shots.

Shocking defending and goalkeeping all match from Celtic. Say what you like about the dirty (standard) Italian tactics, but defend like this and you can't expect to win.

I'd forgotten that Pogba was at Juve.

Anyway - Juve knew exactly what to expect of Celtic at home and pulled off a clinical away performance.

Six officials at the Celtic v Juventus game, and they did virtually nothing about the Juve fouling in the box. Seems you can get away with anything if you're Italian. :eek: :thinking: :shake:

Celtic player getting fouled by defender! Book them both. :bonk:

predictions for tonights big game....

i'm going 2-2.

Which 'Big Game' ?

Hope we score. Hope we score first.

It could be a nightmare for us if Real score first and counter us if we're chasing the game.

I can see it going all manner of ways so I'll pick a score from thin air....

Real 3:2 United

I'm torn.

On the one hand I want united to win because

1. I hate ronaldo
  2. I have a tenner on them to win the CL

But on the other hand I'd love to see man u get absolutely destroyed because its always nice to see them brought down a peg or two.

Either way Im taping it to watch later so wont be discussing it live

difficult one to call. Over the 2 legs, Real could easily turn up at OT and win regardless of what happens tonight.. by the same token United could cause an upset in Spain. But i do think there'll be goals.

Interesting starting 11 with Kagawa and Wellbeck starting

No Vidic? Lack of pace and fitness perhaps.

Possibly both

Vidic on very strict rehab for his knee.

I expected Cleverley to start.

Brave starting 11 but hey ho.

Vidic on very strict rehab for his knee.

I expected Cleverley to start.

Brave starting 11 but hey ho.

I expected Cleverley to start too I just hope Danny boy doesn't go getting himself into great positions and frustrating the hell out of me with his clumsyness

Is rat boy blind?

Going on about de gea making a great save, he didn't touch the ball. It just went straight to the post

Too much nibbling on the drywall

Is rat boy blind?

Going on about de gea making a great save, he didn't touch the ball. It just went straight to the post

Too much nibbling on the drywall

Michael Owen was having a good cream about it too on twitter so I hope he didn't touch it at all :LOL: (I'm not actually watching the game so I have no idea)

If he did touch it then it was a brush and no way near enough to actually push it not the post

Sorry Danny boy I didnt mean it.Get in!!!

Lots of opinions Joe - I thought you were going out lol

Great header from Ron, his knees were higher than Evra's head !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back