The Formula 1 / IndyCar Thread

Sebastian Vettel to leave Ferrari at end of Formula 1 season

BBC Sport F1

I’m currently enjoying the audiobook version of Jenson Button’s autobiography. Made me a little sad knowing that both of his main rivals in his early karting days were killed in IndyCar.

I read the Jenson Button`s autobiography book and thought he came across as a down to earth and nice guy.
His father was also clearly respected within the sport from Jenson`s karting days onwards

Formula 1 today confirmed the 2020 season will begin in Austria next month – and revealed details on the first eight races of a new calendar.
After racing was put on hold because of the coronavirus outbreak, F1, the teams and the FIA have been working to put together a plan to allow the season to begin safely, and today F1 chief executive Chase Carey outlined the first part of a revised calendar of races.
The season will kick off with the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring on July 5, followed a week later by a second race at the same track.
The Hungarian Grand Prix will follow a week after that, before a break. Then there will be two back to back races at Silverstone, followed by the Spanish Grand Prix at Barcelona.

The Belgian Grand Prix will follow that, with the Italian Grand Prix at Monza a week later on September 6.
All the races will be supported by Formula 2 and Formula 3.

Just a reminder, IndyCar is back tonight. Practice is live on tv right now.
TMS will be a baptism of fire for rookies.

I’m loving the aeroscreens.

A like for the sentiment, not his situation.

2020 FORMULA 1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON

Let's try this again....... from the top....

Dun….dun dun dun dun dun dun da dun duuuunnnnn….

The 2020 Formula One World Championship is GO!

Calendar file

Teams and Drivers

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen
Alfa Romeo Racing-Ferrari
C39
Ferrari 065
7 Finland Kimi Räikkönen
99 Italy Antonio Giovinazzi

Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda
AlphaTauri-Honda
AT01
Honda RA620H
10 France Pierre Gasly
26 Russia Daniil Kvyat

Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow
Ferrari SF1000
Ferrari 065
5 Germany Sebastian Vettel
16 Monaco Charles Leclerc

Haas F1 Team
Haas-Ferrari VF-20
Ferrari 065
8 France Romain Grosjean
20 Denmark Kevin Magnussen

McLaren F1 Team
McLaren-Renault
MCL35
Renault E-Tech 20
4 United Kingdom Lando Norris
55 Spain Carlos Sainz Jr.

Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team
Mercedes
F1 W11 EQ Performance
Mercedes M11 EQ Performance
44 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton
77 Finland Valtteri Bottas

BWT Racing Point F1 Team
Racing Point-BWT Mercedes
RP20
BWT Mercedes
11 Mexico Sergio Pérez
18 Canada Lance Stroll

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
Red Bull Racing-Honda
RB16
Honda RA620H
23 Thailand Alexander Albon
33 Netherlands Max Verstappen

Renault F1 Team
Renault
R.S.20
Renault E-Tech 20
3 Australia Daniel Ricciardo
31 France Esteban Ocon

Williams Racing
Williams-Mercedes
FW43
Mercedes M11 EQ Performance
6 Canada Nicholas Latifi
63 United Kingdom George Russell

Calendar Changes
Currently, a rescheduled European leg of eight races has been confirmed, seven races have been cancelled and nine have been postponed and/or are pending confirmation of a race date. The length of each race is the minimum number of laps that exceeds a total distance of 305 km (189.5 mi). As per the sporting regulations, a minimum of eight races must take place for the season to be considered a championship.

2020 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar
1 Austrian Grand Prix Austria Red Bull Ring, Spielberg 5 July
2 Styrian Grand Prix Austria Red Bull Ring, Spielberg 12 July
3 Hungarian Grand Prix Hungary Hungaroring, Mogyoród 19 July
4 British Grand Prix United Kingdom Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone 2 August
5 70th Anniversary Grand Prix United Kingdom Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone 9 August
6 Spanish Grand Prix Spain Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Montmeló 16 August
7 Belgian Grand Prix Belgium Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot 30 August
8 Italian Grand Prix Italy Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, Monza 6 September

Team Changes

Scuderia Toro Rosso renamed as Scuderia AlphaTauri. The team will use the constructor name "AlphaTauri". The name is derived from Red Bull's AlphaTauri fashion brand.

Driver Changes

IN
Esteban Ocon [Renault]
Nicholas Latifi [Williams]

OUT
Nico Hülkenberg [Renault]
Robert Kubica [Williams]

Technical Regulation Changes

- In order to reduce the risk of punctures, the last 50 mm (2.0 in) of the front wing can no longer contain any metal.
- Brake ducts can no longer be outsourced and must be made and designed by the team.
- The amount of fuel that can be outside of the fuel tank has been reduced from 2 litres (3.5 imp pt) to 250 millilitres (0.44 imp pt).
- The level of driver aids at the start will also be decreased.

Sporting Regulation Changes

- Teams will be allowed to use one more MGU-K compared to 2019 to compensate for the increased demands of contesting 22 races.

- Drivers who participate in free practice sessions will be eligible for additional FIA Super Licence points. Any driver who completes a minimum 100 km (62 mi) during a free practice session will receive an additional Super Licence point on the condition that they do not commit a driving infraction. Drivers may only accrue ten Super Licence points per year from free practice sessions.

- The rules surrounding jump starts and the weighbridge have been relaxed with the race stewards now being able to hand out less severe punishments for missing the weighbridge and jump starts. Jump starts will now receive a 5 or 10 second race time penalty instead of a drive through or 10 second stop-go.

- Waving of the chequered flag returns after being replaced with lights in 2019. This is due to a light glitch at the Japanese Grand Prix meaning the race incorrectly ended one lap early.

Regulatory Changes

- Due to the lack of fans in attendance and COVID-19 social distancing measures there will not be a driver's parade or pre-race national anthem gathering.
- Fewer team personnel will be allowed on the grid pre-race (max 40 of the 80 allowed at each race).
- The pitman will close 20 mins before the start instead of 30.
- Cars will have to have their tyres fitted five minutes before the start, rather than three, and at that signal team personnel and equipment trolleys must commence leaving the grid.
- When the three minute signal is shown, no more than sixteen team personnel for each competitor are permitted on the grid.
- All drivers will be given the same tyre allocation, so teams will no longer choose how many sets of each compound their drivers will have for each weekend (two sets of hard, three of mediums, and eight softs).
- The podium presentation is likely to take place on the grid (not finalised yet).

2020 Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis Von Österreich

iH8FjyY.png

Red Bull Ring
Lap data
Lap length 4.326km (2.688 miles)
Race laps 71
Race distance 307.02km (190.773 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’08.337 (Michael Schumacher, 2003)
Fastest lap 1’03.130 (Valtteri Bottas, 2018, qualifying three)
Maximum speed 327.4kph (203.437 mph)
DRS zone/s (race)
Distance from grid to turn one 216.94m
Full throttle 79%
Longest flat-out section 868m
Downforce level Low/medium
Gear changes per lap 32
Fuel use per lap 1.48kg
Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.056s
Pit lane time loss 16.1s

UK Times

Friday, July 3
10am: Austrian GP Practice One
2pm: Austrian GP Practice Two

Saturday, July 4
11am: Austrian GP Practice Three
2pm: AUSTRIAN GP QUALIFYING

Sunday, July 5
2.10pm: THE 2020 AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX

Previous Winners
2000 Finland Mika Häkkinen McLaren-Mercedes
2001 United Kingdom David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes
2002 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2004 – 2013 Not held
2014 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes Red Bull Ring
2015 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes
2016 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2017 Finland Valtteri Bottas Mercedes
2018 Netherlands Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer
2019 Netherlands Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing-Honda

Videos

Hamilton 2016
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp28onmHiMs

Schumacher 2003
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fir5WlcRLA

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
EbNEpJzX0AEutM5

Can someone explain the reg change regarding fuel outside the tank, do they mean fuel in lines, coolers, pumps etc?

New Merc livery looks amazing.

Reactions: Nod
Guys... I’m not sure if you know but...

iTS FINALLY RACE WEEKEND!

I feel like I’ve waited all my life for this.

DAS does not affect the aerodynamics says the FIA therefore legal
rather boring tv coverage more time spent on adverts and Lewis's mission for diversity and inclusion within Mercedes than qualy
Is Mercedes actively blocking diversity, if not why would they be doing something about it now and not in the past . Just asking

bets on the time it takes for Alonso to upset renault

What are folks opinions about Lewis 'asking' the other drivers to 'take the knee'?

What are folks opinions about Lewis 'asking' the other drivers to 'take the knee'?

Doesn’t bother me at all. As you saw it was down to personal choice whether they did or not.
There is no story there.

Politics have there place and it shouldn't be in sport
If Lewis understands what BLM organisation is then as a multi millionaire he is a hypocrite and should be ashamed of himself

With all the arguments that go on in this forum the last thing we need is politics to be dragged into this thread.

do you not think Lewis has made it part of F1

There are plenty of other places it is being discussed in Talk Photography.

Well I did a search for 'hamilton blm' and got nothing so I did a search 'hamilton knee' and a post from 2008 popped up which was not what I was looking for.

Well I did a search for 'hamilton blm' and got nothing so I did a search 'hamilton knee' and a post from 2008 popped up which was not what I was looking for.

The whole BLM thing is being discussed at great length in hot topics.

However, as that’s not enough for you, and you and Fuzzy seem intent on dragging it into this thread, then go for it.

I’ll even change the thread title to reflect the change of direction for you.

I seem to have read somewhere that LH wants 40m a year and has been told he will get a reduction to more like 20, due to the virus and reduced budgets.
Is this across teams?

Back