The Forth Bridge in evening light

Idcsay you have done pretty well
Its not an easy angle to shoot from and get something decent.
The low sunlight on the bridge helps a lot though and the 3 shot stitch helps get the whole bridge in which helps with the overall composition.

Good job

I think its cool, great to get the whole bridge in so you can see it in all its glory. Didn't realise it was quite so red. Previous poster mentions barrel distortion and there does look to be something going on but overall I really like it.

Hi Alf I can't pass comment on paint work but love the light hitting the stone work and if it was only a little stronger the sun in this sitting you where not far off getting a Rainbow for sure over this Epic structure, thanks for sharing.
Regards
Kevin

Last edited:
I like it maybe I should get my 11mm and see how much of it I can get in one shot :). As the sunset is behind you I am bit puzzled about the extra darkness on the water straight "in front of you". Somehow it does not feel like clouds above reflecting on the water as they are too near... have you been trying to make the clouds reflect more (or if not it seems to be as if the colour of the water has to be more even left to right). Sorry my two brain cells are overheating.

EDIT. I wrote it so I leave it, but it does looks like the clouds causing the darkness. Ignore waffle above please.

Last edited:
Idcsay you have done pretty well
Its not an easy angle to shoot from and get something decent.
The low sunlight on the bridge helps a lot though and the 3 shot stitch helps get the whole bridge in which helps with the overall composition.

Good job

Thanks Stuart
I could get a single shot of the whole bridge but wanted to use a shorte FL

never seen the bridge as bright red as that before and i live local
the bride looks like barrel distortion maybe need a bit of correction

Thanks Holty the bridge looked dull in the shot I too a minute or two earlier this was as the warm light hit the bridge I took shots looking the other way too https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/firth-of-forth-sunset.660680/
I need to review the stitch I did correct the North end but maybe not enough I was looking at the single shot of the bridge an wider FL and I was struggling to get that to look right

I think its cool, great to get the whole bridge in so you can see it in all its glory. Didn't realise it was quite so red. Previous poster mentions barrel distortion and there does look to be something going on but overall I really like it.

Thanks Steve

Hi Alf I can't pass comment on paint work but love the light hitting the stone work and if it was only a little stronger the sun in this sitting you where not far off getting a Rainbow for sure over this Epic structure, thanks for sharing.
Regards
Kevin

Thanks Kevin this light was short lived and happened just as I got to a good position so I was lucky

:agree:
its in the stitching i think...

Thanks Geof I think the most northerly shot was not level and has thrown things out I need to have a go at sorting it again.

I like it maybe I should get my 11mm and see how much of it I can get in one shot :). As the sunset is behind you I am bit puzzled about the extra darkness on the water straight "in front of you". Somehow it does not feel like clouds above reflecting on the water as they are too near... have you been trying to make the clouds reflect more (or if not it seems to be as if the colour of the water has to be more even left to right). Sorry my two brain cells are overheating.

EDIT. I wrote it so I leave it, but it does looks like the clouds causing the darkness. Ignore waffle above please.

Thanks Charles
I did think that about the dark patch of water but reviewing the shots individually I realised it was the refecltions of the clouds which have big effects sometimes.
I got the whole bridge in one shot at 9mm on m4/3 so 18mm on 35mm format

Last edited:
Thanks Geof I think the most northerly shot was not level and has thrown things out I need to have a go at sorting it again.

spoken like a true pp man...will be glad to see it
i was going to say...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelppppp as i slid to the left but realised apart from the stitching issue that tropical illusions can occur in bonny scotland in the days of the midges
i tried some silly manipulation in lghtroom but that is going past the point of no return
best to go back to the fun of restitching...and getting loads of kisses from us
what are you using to stitch??
xx
geof

spoken like a true pp man...will be glad to see it
i was going to say...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelppppp as i slid to the left but realised apart from the stitching issue that tropical illusions can occur in bonny scotland in the days of the midges
i tried some silly manipulation in lghtroom but that is going past the point of no return
best to go back to the fun of restitching...and getting loads of kisses from us
what are you using to stitch??
xx
geof

I do my sticthing in LR

Last edited:
I like this Alf. Only thing I'd add is that maybe I'd take a trim off the bottom but not by much as there is an amount of space there. That's just a taste thing though and this is a very good example of stitching a pano.

I like this Alf. Only thing I'd add is that maybe I'd take a trim off the bottom but not by much as there is an amount of space there. That's just a taste thing though and this is a very good example of stitching a pano.

Thanks Dale

Back