The Fuji X-A1, X-A2, X-A3 & X-M1 thread

Well I recently picked up a little XA1 and found this thread but alas it looks like the thread has died:(
Is it the same case for the XM1 XA1 & XA2 cameras and users ?
Does anyone still use and shoot with one ?
:fuji:

Well I recently picked up a little XA1 and found this thread but alas it looks like the thread has died:(
I loved my XM1 but have since moved on to an XT1 hence my lack of posts in here

Moving from the X-T1 and picked up an X-A2 just as a cheap option to use with maybe 2 lenses.... Looks pretty quiet in here!

Could a mod add X-A2 to the thread title? Might get more posts

X-M1... talk to me, is it basically an X-E1 with the evf? I.e. same sensor, focus system etc?

Basically an X-E1 with no EVF just external screen (though it does tilt!!!)

Unless it's really cheap, or you are desperate for a titling screen, I'd go for a s/h X-E2 and upgrade the firmware to the latest FW4, that will give you a much better camera.

Yeah X-A2 user here. Back from a couple years out due to work and other commitments. Coming from Nikon. Sold the D3200 as I just wasn't using it due to bulk. Loving the X-A2. Wanted spend on lenses and have added an XC 50-230 and XF27mm prime. The lack of VF is odd to begin with, but quite enjoy composing on the screen. AF is excellent but slow for moving things...certainly not an action camera.
Been very pleased with IQ, especially in low light. The APS-C sensor and lower MP count really gives amazing low light performance. Cleanish pics at 6400 puts the D3200 and my partners D5200 to shame.

Yeah X-A2 user here. Back from a couple years out due to work and other commitments. Coming from Nikon. Sold the D3200 as I just wasn't using it due to bulk. Loving the X-A2. Wanted spend on lenses and have added an XC 50-230 and XF27mm prime. The lack of VF is odd to begin with, but quite enjoy composing on the screen. AF is excellent but slow for moving things...certainly not an action camera.
Been very pleased with IQ, especially in low light. The APS-C sensor and lower MP count really gives amazing low light performance. Cleanish pics at 6400 puts the D3200 and my partners D5200 to shame.

I've also moved from an X-T1 as I couldn't justify over £1k sitting there unused most of the time and when it was used it was only for snapshots where my phone could have done. X-A2 is a much cheaper, but still capable option as a carry about camera using the 16-50mm and 35mm f1.4 lenses. I was thinking of selling the 35 and getting the 27 to make it a really compact option but I'm not ready to move the 35 on yet :)

Good to hear!

The 35mm is too good to sell! Id love one. But I can confirm the 27 is stunning for it's size. Tack sharp even wide open. I do find it's harder to throw the background out than I'd like sometimes.

The x-a2 takes a little getting used to but it has dual dials for ap/shutter, nice handling and a great screen. Its nice having a small camera with such a great sensor!

Maybe @twist can edit this thread title to include X-A2 & X-A3 to kick it back to life? There must still be people using them.

X-A2 & 56mm with 10mm extension tube
DSCF8938.jpg

yes ive got one on order or have you sold yours lol:)

yes ive got one on order or have you sold yours lol:)
Yes I still have mine I still tend to favour the X-A2 but I have added another X-M1 finished in Silver and light tan trim :rolleyes:
If I'm correct these have the Bayer sensor fitted in them ? which produce beautiful coloured jpegs SOOC :fuji:

Correct!!!

The A's are Bayer
Alas my memory not being what it was I wasn't sure but I certainly get a different image from my X-A and X-A2 same goes for my X-pro1 from all my other Fuji X bodies.:fuji:

Xa1 and 2 uses virtually same bayer sensor but xpro1 and x100s use version 1 xtrans along with m1.and XE1.
Xt10 xe2 and xt1 x100t xtrans 2 then laterly version 3 on the xpro2 XT2 XT20 X100F

Xa1 and 2 uses virtually same bayer sensor but xpro1 and x100s use version 1 xtrans along with m1.and XE1.
Xt10 xe2 and xt1 x100t xtrans 2 then laterly version 3 on the xpro2 XT2 XT20 X100F

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)(y)
Sadly I probably won’t remember it though :(:LOL:

Back