The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

I could not be bothered with GAS so I bought a Linhof 4 X 5 super colour with 150mm 5.6 Nikkor lens plus darkslides.
Not to mention 20 sheets of Ektar and 20 sheets of E100. Oh! I forgot about the cable release and Minolta meter,
I guess the Cinestill C41 and Bellini E6 don't really count.

I'm so over it.
:D

Have had several GAS episodes over the last 6 months:

1) picked up a D300s and the battery pack to burn 8fps bursts with a cheap shutter rather than ageing my D500 ( handheld stacking app ). The D300s was dirt cheap but then I saw the D200 with their CCD sensors for even less so got one of those to play with. I love the ergos of these Nikon pro bodies

2) saw that the Sony FE to Nikon Z smart adapter Megadap EZ221 littering ebay now the pro version is out. I therefore got the Sony 20/1.8 G which I have had my eye on for some time: cheaper, lighter and smaller than the Z 20/1.8 and slightly edges it. The GAS bit was picking up two inexpensive FE tiny lenses: FE28/2 and a Samyang 45/1.8 to use for snaps. Made up - not GMs but so small I haven’t used anything else on my Z6 for weeks.

Oh - also got a Tamron 180/3.5 macro - cheap and good enough - never will shell out 1k for the Nikon 200/4 micro.

Last edited:
I was doing ok until I bought a Mac mini M2 pro and a 4k monitor to replace my old 27" iMac, mainly as the brush tool on LR was impossible to work with on my 50mp Fuji GFX RAW files and everything kept freezing.

The 4k screen is lovely but it's opened up a can of worms with my old D4S, D750 and X-T2. To take advantage of the 4k screen I really need much higher resolution cameras so now I'm seriously considering a Z9 paired with some Z glass and an X-T5........ aaaaaaargh!!! I won't miss the D750 as I haven't taken a single picture with it since October 2019 and having a D4S has put me off the Z8 as I will always want the better body even though I don't need it. It's totally stupid as for the web or A3 size prints there's no massive advantage in having much more pixels, it's just so I can to see it on my 4k screen in full size.

Lesson learned - one upgrade in technology can easily lead to an avalanche of GAS.

In that case, I won’t tell you that the Z9 is £3690 at Panamoz!

Thought I'd being doing well in controlling my GAS...... that is until I became aware of the availability a mint Fujifilm S5 Pro for a very reasonable price..... I've been keeping an eye out for one for a while but they command higher prices than the Nikon D200 on which it is based - there's one on fleabay being advertised at a shocking £820!!! .... So I've now got the D200's evil twin coming to add to my collection...

Getting really strong GAS of getting a new Fuji camera...I honestly like just want one.

Options are

X-H1
X-T4
X-S10

I like to be able to use it on travels, Fuji recipes, modern Eye-AF, which probably excludes the X-H1.

I want IBIS, I want the ability to use it as a webcam - 1 USB-C cable for data and power. Can all 3 of these do this? I search X-S10 and found lots of people have problem using it as a webcam.

I've decided not to go for a stop gap of X100s to T because i rather get a used X100v or a X100(6) when that comes out. Not paying inflated prices of a used X100 in the current climate.

Getting really strong GAS of getting a new Fuji camera...I honestly like just want one.

Options are

X-H1
X-T4
X-S10

I like to be able to use it on travels, Fuji recipes, modern Eye-AF, which probably excludes the X-H1.

I want IBIS, I want the ability to use it as a webcam - 1 USB-C cable for data and power. Can all 3 of these do this? I search X-S10 and found lots of people have problem using it as a webcam.

I've decided not to go for a stop gap of X100s to T because i rather get a used X100v or a X100(6) when that comes out. Not paying inflated prices of a used X100 in the current climate.
Modern eye af comes in at X-T5 & X-H2/s

I got GAS last week, now I'm over 3k lighter but on a better note, my Z8 should arrive tomorrow

A weird thing to get GAS about, but I really NEEDED to buy a Smallrig multi-tool this week. So not an expensive acquisition, but relieved a little GAS bubble :)

Ordered a X-S10, a 5 star, boxed one popped up this morning on LCE with a kit lens for £699. Might even sell the lens to bring the down even more...or might keep it, don't know yet. I am interested to see how far they've come from the X-T1.

Will unlikely use it as a webcam, but will cross that bridge when i come to it, or just get a webcam.

Oops.... I was looking on Facebook to see if there was anything new on the Snapperstuff page.. when I spotted that Cambrian cameras had received a new Fuji X100V. I had read of waiting lists that are 6 months long so hadn't put my name down. It's coming on Friday. And, even better, my wife encouraged me to get it!

I had so much gas I've listed all my photography gear on fleabay. I've had enough of constantly buying and selling, moving from one brand to another to reduce weight / cost etc.
Does this mean you get to start again or are you sticking to your phone?

My name is Andy and I have “Gas” ;). I want the new Nikon Zf but can’t seem to find one anywhere…. Help……

My name is Andy and I have “Gas” ;). I want the new Nikon Zf but can’t seem to find one anywhere…. Help……

Just had a wisdom tooth extracted. Decided to pick up the Voigtlander 50mm f/1 in RF mount as a treat and to give me something other than more pain to look forward to. Hurry up Wex!

Little Sirui table-top tripod given to me on my birthday, about 8 inches tall and because of no centre column goes down to floor level pretty well...compact as well

A F0.9 lens is on fbook

I had a Osmo Pocket 2 I never got on with due to un-intuitive controls and menu, also screen so small it was hard to see much of any use.
Sold that a couple of weeks ago and got the pocket 3 which is much better in every way - would highly recommend it.
I didn't get the full package which is in short supply it charges incredibly fast and on board audio is good plus I have other ways to record audio stand alone or by wireless.
A particular strong point is low light performance this is all after sunset.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dRDfTCSRUg

After buying a Nikon Z50 a couple of years ago for holiday and travelling, I sold my little V1, the Z50 is a cracking little camera, but it's still too big to able to just stick it in my coat pocket, so I managed to find a mint condition V1 with shutter count of 950, with the 10mm lens, it's perfect to fit in my pocket when I only popping around town, or not really going out with photography in mind.Screenshot_20231101_113958_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20231114_181445_eBay.jpg

Just received my Nikon 100-400 lens to go with my Z8 that I received about 2 months ago.
Happy so far.

I couldn't help myself, I've gone and forced myself to sell all my DSLR kit. Pulled the trigger on a Nikon Z6, 24-70 f/4, FTZ and a Sigma 105mm macro.
So time to sell my D7100, 17-55, Sigma 50mm macro, 55-200, F80 and SB-600. Have to admit I'm very excited. My first full frame digital camera and a mirrorless Z no less. I always wanted an FX D700 when they came out, but I couldn't justify it at the time. Nowadays buying used gets a lot for your money.

I couldn't help myself, I've gone and forced myself to sell all my DSLR kit. Pulled the trigger on a Nikon Z6, 24-70 f/4, FTZ and a Sigma 105mm macro.
So time to sell my D7100, 17-55, Sigma 50mm macro, 55-200, F80 and SB-600. Have to admit I'm very excited. My first full frame digital camera and a mirrorless Z no less. I always wanted an FX D700 when they came out, but I couldn't justify it at the time. Nowadays buying used gets a lot for your money.
Maybe keep the SB600 as it`ll work better than any other Flash 3rd party.

Maybe keep the SB600 as it`ll work better than any other Flash 3rd party.
I have an SB-910 as well that I am keeping. Although it's nice to be able to have remote triggering of flashes, in reality I never do it and just use the 910 on camera. So the SB-600 is really never used and can go

Back