The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Don't use my Siggy 8mm (not to be confused with the Sig 9mm...) often but it does have its moments!

Not shot Tescos on Sidwell Street with it (that dates me - it's not been a Tesco for many years!!!) but did use it on one of the college's buildings a few years ago.

GAS currently under control.

I couldn't leave behind a couple of bargains I spotted today.
A Sigma 400/5.6 for Pentax AF for £15 and a colour enlarger with extras for £5!
I suspect I'd have paid £5 for just the enlarger lens, and they were originally asking £10 for the focus finder that ended up bundled with the enlarger...

I don't know where I'm going to be able to use the enlarger, but hopefully somewhere will pop up :)

Found this today on FB: it seems we have nothing to worry about gear wise... but then this is a Canon pro sports Photographer's stuff that he runs up and down with! Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 16.18.35.jpg

I have this written on a post-it on my desk for the past 2 months.

3 down, but i can't bring myself to cross it all off.

Rpef2kc.jpg

Total out of control relapse.
Microphone, led lights,
a "Life is like a camera" mug and an Anker 21w solar panel
Where is this going?

Whilst away last week attempting to do justice of the beauty that is Ullswater my Arca clamp decided not to want let go of the camera (this is a rather cheap adapter on my Manfrotto XPRO Magnessium ballhead (never really got on with the clamp they use) which is sat on a very good Manfrotto 190CX Pro 4 tripod). Being rather bored and seeing Park Cameras we’re having a Manfrotto/ Gitzo weekend, it seemed pretty obvious to spend a little while looking around their Burgess Hill shop.

I came away with series 4 Gitzo tripod and series 3 QD ballhead (not to mention the much lighter trouser pocket). I now need to explain to Mrs. H that my ‘old’ Manfrotto was beyond repair!

I just collected a job lot of 12 assorted lens adapters.
4 different mounts to MFT, & 2 to NEX - all to both lens mounts and bodies I have available.
Another 4 use other mounts I have lenses/adapters for (these will probably be hacked for project parts)

I'm not sure I have a use for the OM-4/3 or the FD-Fuji X adapters, I should no doubt pass them on, but I might find myself tempted to get a Fuji body now!
:eek:

Whilst away last week attempting to do justice of the beauty that is Ullswater my Arca clamp decided not to want let go of the camera (this is a rather cheap adapter on my Manfrotto XPRO Magnessium ballhead (never really got on with the clamp they use) which is sat on a very good Manfrotto 190CX Pro 4 tripod). Being rather bored and seeing Park Cameras we’re having a Manfrotto/ Gitzo weekend, it seemed pretty obvious to spend a little while looking around their Burgess Hill shop.

I came away with series 4 Gitzo tripod and series 3 QD ballhead (not to mention the much lighter trouser pocket). I now need to explain to Mrs. H that my ‘old’ Manfrotto was beyond repair!
Perhaps it was a threat to the safety of your existing kit and could prevent a kit disaster which would be hugely expensive....

I just collected a job lot of 12 assorted lens adapters.
4 different mounts to MFT, & 2 to NEX - all to both lens mounts and bodies I have available.
Another 4 use other mounts I have lenses/adapters for (these will probably be hacked for project parts)

I'm not sure I have a use for the OM-4/3 or the FD-Fuji X adapters, I should no doubt pass them on, but I might find myself tempted to get a Fuji body now!
:eek:
How many different systems have you got?;):D

How many different systems have you got?;):D

That's difficult to answer.
Of those I use reasonably regularly four body mounts, MFT, Sony E (both APSC & FF), PK & SA, but I regularly also use EF & Leica M as intermediates.
Although I also have film bodies in several other mounts they've not seen much use in the last decade.

Ignoring the large format & fixed lens models I have lenses in over a dozen different mounts, all of which have been adapted to at least one of my digital systems. Then there are a few projection lenses and the like that I've adapted though they aren't part of a system.

But if you only consider digital bodies with native lenses, I guess I'm down to three.

Last edited:
Just about swap out all of my Sony gear for Fuji.

Again

Just about swap out all of my Sony gear for Fuji.

Again
Usually I read that DSLR users are switching to mirrorless. Tell us why you are switching back or are going to the Fuji version of medium format?

Usually I read that DSLR users are switching to mirrorless. Tell us why you are switching back or are going to the Fuji version of medium format?
For me, it’s the user experience. Sony is without doubt an amazing camera and system. It just doesn’t have that intangible feel.

That sounds like something from Don Quixote! How much kit will you be trading in?

One of either XT3/XH1 and 16/23/56 lenses

Will any of that be appearing in the classifieds (thinking of the 85 particularly, depending on price)?
The 85 is a stunner of a lens. I love it. I’ve been given prices by MPB, but I can put them in the classifieds if their is interest

No worries. You’re probably right

Passing a local charity shop for local people today, I spotted a Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 for £18 in the window... Nipped in, had a closer look, perfectly clean. Quick test and it's perfectly functional too. Result. Rear cap is a bit grotty but that's easily (and cheaply) rectified.

Wasn't on the lookout for one nor do I particularly have a need for one but you can't pass up that sort of bargain :cool:

Passing a local charity shop for local people today, I spotted a Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 for £18 in the window... Nipped in, had a closer look, perfectly clean. Quick test and it's perfectly functional too. Result. Rear cap is a bit grotty but that's easily (and cheaply) rectified.

Wasn't on the lookout for one nor do I particularly have a need for one but you can't pass up that sort of bargain :cool:
And it helps a charity. Win - win. :)

I've never seen anything interesting in any of the charity/loan shops here, but I still look :D

I'm currently lusting over the recently announced Voigtlander 50mm f2 apo Lanthar and their existing 50mm f1.2. There are two problems though, I already have a very nice modern AF 55mm f1.8 and the Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 and 40mm f1.2 so these new 50mm lenses will only add little things... plus I have so little time to go anywhere to take pictures that spending anything seems a bit daft really :(

Back