The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Ahhh! Been avoiding these forums to prevent things like this happening. Then I just happened to stumble across Camera Jungle offering 20% off everything and ended up blowing £550 on a lightly used X100F.

Couldn't say no at that price, but it's about £549 more than I have spare at the moment!

A replacement zoom ring rubber for my 29 year old magic drainpipe. Needs a bit of fettling to make it perfect but it certainly improves the look of it dramatically.

I purchased a Nikon D7100, 16-85mm and a Sigma 10-20 last weekend, once I had it all and sat down with it I realized none of it would do anything my current camera doesn't so sent it all back

Well... I think that gives you extra credit for a future lapse!

oops Canon 1d mark 3 out of LCE Exeter arrived today LCE description does not do the body justice very tidy late model so out of the focus issue serial numbers. £299 for a camera when first released £3500 nuts the way we move on so quick with technology

I've never seen anything interesting in any of the charity/loan shops here, but I still look :D

I'm currently lusting over the recently announced Voigtlander 50mm f2 apo Lanthar and their existing 50mm f1.2. There are two problems though, I already have a very nice modern AF 55mm f1.8 and the Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 and 40mm f1.2 so these new 50mm lenses will only add little things... plus I have so little time to go anywhere to take pictures that spending anything seems a bit daft really :(
I've not often spotted huge bargains (my 'record' is a CZJ flektogon, with 2 other lenses, a Practika body & bag etc for £10) but there is one charity shop locally that always has at least 20 lenses, together with a pile of SLRs, flashes etc.
If you like legacy kit there's usually something interesting :)
Despite having an excessive collection of gear I usually find I get something more when I visit - even if it's only from the £1 accessories box.

My 'record' was actually from another shop so I keep checking them too. ;)
Several of the local Charity shops have never had anything more than photographic books, but unlike my Wife I can check them out in 2-3 minutes when passing including checking the books! I think my Wife has speeded up, she now only takes about 15 minutes a shop!:sleep:

It seems that my GAS alter ego has developed a lust for vintage lenses and is awaiting delivery of 3 FD lenses, a 28mm wide angle, a 100mm portrait lens and a 200mm f3.5 lens.
I will have to have a word with him but in the meantime I will have to accept responsibility.

It seems that my GAS alter ego has developed a lust for vintage lenses and is awaiting delivery of 3 FD lenses, a 28mm wide angle, a 100mm portrait lens and a 200mm f3.5 lens.
I will have to have a word with him but in the meantime I will have to accept responsibility.
Hmm looks like a Common development of the syndrome :LOL:

something slightly different, gone for a fog machine.... let's see how that looks in the studio :)

I dont suffer from GAS, i just bought a Z50 kit because i needed it ;)

Forgive me for I have sinned........

I have far too much gear (although I can justify all of it to myself), and in addition to the Nikon Z6, Olympus EM1 MK II & EM1-X, Panasonic G9, I've just recently added a Nikon Z7 to the stable.

The Olympus pair are my Wildlife duo (with the excellent 300mm F4 Pro and Leica 100-400 combo)
The Panasonic G9 mainly for video (especially with the upcoming firmware update later this month)
The Z6, my general all purpose camera
The new Z7 my landscape beast.

Like I say, I can justify it all to myself :D:D

Because apparently the X-H1 and X-T3 aren't enough, I have just bought a bargain X-Pro 2, and of course needed a new lens to go with it, I bought a 35 1.4 too :fuji:

After much dithering and deliberation I have finally sinned...

Used 70-200 and tripod collar winging itself my way
Despite having most of this focal range covered with primes, I *need* this lens to lighten the load when out with the family for the day! :banana:

Sadly, this eagerly awaited addition to the (barely justifiable) kit at my disposal sadly doesn't appear to have done anything to even dampen down the GAS one bit :sorry:

After much dithering and deliberation I have finally sinned...

Used 70-200 and tripod collar winging itself my way
Despite having most of this focal range covered with primes, I *need* this lens to lighten the load when out with the family for the day! :banana:

Sadly, this eagerly awaited addition to the (barely justifiable) kit at my disposal sadly doesn't appear to have done anything to even dampen down the GAS one bit :sorry:
Well, at least it is not a brand new lens... or maybe that is the problem! :exit:

GAS, G.A.S.
Noun
gear acquisition syndrome (uncountable)

A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

With Black Friday almost upon us... I am resisting having a massive GAS attack. :D lol
So far I have been looking at the following...

Carbon fibre Tesla wheel centre caps
DJI Mavic Mini
Fuji XT-3 / X-Pro 3 with 35mm f2.0, 56mm f1.4 and 90mm f2.0 lenses
Nikon Z6 with 24-70mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 lenses
Sony 24mm f1.4 GM, 135mm f1.8 GM and 55mm f1.8 lenses

:eek:

As it is Christmas soon I might get either a X100F back or the cracking X-E3 :fuji:

Having now tried the XP2 i'd never have another X100 model, I much prefer the IL option.

Now awaiting my Xmas present to self...

Intrepid 4x5 Mk4 (won't arrive by Xmas - so Valentine's gift to self..?)
Schneider 90mm f8
Stearman Press SP455 4x5 developing kit
Loupe
50 sheets to Fomopan 100 to learn large format
Dedicated photo notebook
Storage box and negative sleeves...

And the Panasonic m4/3 14-150 MkII to make sure I'm not in the dog house with the missus!

This week, I have been mostly lusting after...

Laowa Venus KX-800 twin flash
Laowa Venus 25mm Ultra Macro lens
Nikon D850

All at a time of year when there's very little insect life out there to go and shoot... go figure

Currently struggling with some GAS as I have fourtrips next year (3 days in Berlin, 2 weeks backpacking in Italy, weekend mountain biking on the Yorkshire Moors, a week in Portugal) and am debating a lightweight travel setup (EM5 ii, Fuji X-whatever or Sony a7 and some primes)

We’ll ignore the fact I already have a Nikon Df (that I have one lens for) and a Pana GH5 (that I have no lenses for) :rolleyes:

I fear I am a hopeless case :(

Very recently bought a rather lovely Z6 and 24-70 but GAS and the fear of having no GAS (not many Z series lenses particularly 3rd party) has got me looking at the A7 deals :(

Nothing. And nothing. I bought a small padded insert for my hiking bag as I needed more clothes space vs camera space on a recent weekend away but I don't think that even counts.... ;)

Back