The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Still trying to figure out if I should get the last few Short Fuji primes I dont have. Not the 200mm though, it's simply to big and expensive

So, cyber Monday has nearly gone by so I bought a pair of those liners from The Heating Company mentioned in a thread here.

Got me a couple of JJC rectangular Hoods for the 23 and 56mm

Picked up another camera today.
The name's missing but I've been able to track it down from the lens & features - A 'Siluet Elektro' Russian aperture priority compact from the late 1970's
Seems the shutters jammed open so I won't feel too bad extracting the lens (a 40mm f/4 Triplet) to adapt. I don't think I had any 40mm primes previously It seems I had 4, just none that came off cameras. The lens should adapt to LTM easily having registration ~30mm & a 22mm mounting ring.

Last edited:
For the first time in a while GAS didn't kick in over the wknd - went out taking pics instead and bagged my first ever SEO (at the umpteenth time of asking)

Happy to report my gas seems to be abated .no new purchases for ages now.im happy with what I've got.sleep better too lol

I have GAS, just got a new puppy and Sony's animal eye AF looks amazing and I'm sure would makes life easier trying to shoot a puppy running around at full pelt, it sure is tricky trying to do it 'the old fashioned way'. Trouble is the Sony gen 3 bodies and earlier are too small for my hands, and the A9-ii is too expensive making the switch from Nikon to Sony too expensive. Guess this is a good thing as it stops me acting on my necessary GAS ;)

I have GAS, just got a new puppy and Sony's animal eye AF looks amazing and I'm sure would makes life easier trying to shoot a puppy running around at full pelt, it sure is tricky trying to do it 'the old fashioned way'. Trouble is the Sony gen 3 bodies and earlier are too small for my hands, and the A9-ii is too expensive making the switch from Nikon to Sony too expensive. Guess this is a good thing as it stops me acting on my necessary GAS ;)

Try a 35mm lens set to f5.6 and focus set between 2/3m, 1/250 or 1/320 or 1/500 if you like with auto ISO :D

I'm lusting after the Voigtlander 50mm f2 but I know I don't neeeed one.

Try a 35mm lens set to f5.6 and focus set between 2/3m, 1/250 or 1/320 or 1/500 if you like with auto ISO :D

I'm lusting after the Voigtlander 50mm f2 but I know I don't neeeed one.
Yeah I could do this, but I like my shallow DOF which a 35mm lens at f5.6 isn't going to give me in this scenario ;)

I wanted to reduce the load on my back for "snaps" and the anxiety I feel when I leave my DSLR plus assorted L lenses in the car, to such an extent I usually carry them in a stupidly large cumbersome rucksack. In addition I wanted something small and light to put on the back of my telescope (more GAs and at some point).
So I thought and thought and researched and bought a Fuji Xt10 plus a 16-50 xc lens, perfect for holiday snaps and aforementioned telescope. Wasn't particularly keen on mirrorless but thought I'd give it a 'go'. Oh dear
Now I have an X-e2 and an Xt-20 and a xc50-230 and have started thinking about other lenses too.................................
(only saving grace is the xt-10 has gone, to meet it's maker in the sky, but to be fair Wex did refund the cost, hasn't helped with my GAS though).

I have real bad GAS.........:eek:

No real GAS but a bad case of borborygmus… Almost went for the super deal somewhere was offering on X-T2s and trade ins but managed to resist. Might have clicked on a couple of bits for assorted bikes while there's free P&P, even on sale items.

Slipped...... Picked up X-E2 from Classifieds... Oh and got eye on X-E3 also, price is a steal....... and eyeing something else too...... My Christmas Prezzies to Me....... Justification, lol

Slipped...... Picked up X-E2 from Classifieds... Oh and got eye on X-E3 also, price is a steal....... and eyeing something else too...... My Christmas Prezzies to Me....... Justification, lol

Think I covered my self for the next few Christmas`s to me :D

I’m so close to buying a Z6 for no other reason other than I’ve never owned a full frame camera or a Nikon camera...and I like mirrorless for their portability. The only thing stopping me at the moment is I really like fully articulated screens and the Z6 is only a point up or down effort!

Any thoughts on if I’m reading too much into in not having an articulated screen or should I just suck it and see and give it a go?

Cheers,

Andy :runaway:

My xt-20 screen isn't fully articulated and if/when I put it on the back of my telescope I think that "may" be a nuisance and possibly for other situations also, but tbh I am so used to looking through the viewfinder of a camera I think the number of times that will cause me a problem is few and far between. I guess in a way it just comes down to how do you use your camera, viewfinder or screen, does you current method rely on articulated screen and if so how much would you miss it, but how much would you gain with a new camera?

I’m so close to buying a Z6 for no other reason other than I’ve never owned a full frame camera or a Nikon camera...and I like mirrorless for their portability. The only thing stopping me at the moment is I really like fully articulated screens and the Z6 is only a point up or down effort!

Any thoughts on if I’m reading too much into in not having an articulated screen or should I just suck it and see and give it a go?

Cheers,

Andy :runaway:
I prefer a tilt up/down over fully articulated tbh, I don't like the way fully articulated sit out to the side, they just get in the way for me ;)

The best screen I've ever used was on the Sony A77 and A77-II, brilliant design that and I don't know why others haven't done something similar or why they haven't implemented it on the A7's.

Hi, I got my second SONY A7R2. I wouldn't call this GAS, because at the Black Friday Price of € 1299 (in Germany) no one could have resisted ...

This the 9th SONY I own.

Thank God, I do not suffer from GAS! :LOL:

Hi, I got my second SONY A7R2. I wouldn't call this GAS, because at the Black Friday Price of € 1299 (in Germany) no one could have resisted ...

This the 9th SONY I own.

Thank God, I do not suffer from GAS! :LOL:

Well, that's ok then! :D

Because today is the darkest day of the year so far, of course its the day my ND65000 Aurora Aperture filter arrives...

In the last month I have bought the following.

an X-e1
another x-e1
an x-e2
an x-t1

a 7artisans 7.5mm fisheye
fuji 16-50 f/3.5-5.6 ois
fuji 16-50 f/3.5-5.6 oisII
Samyang 12mm f/2
fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4

thats normal right?

In waiting for a native Fuji Mount reversing ring. In excited to see what the lack of extension from the F/X adapter does to my 9mm when reversed. It was to the extreme side when on the Nikon reversing ring.

Oh Dear.........it’s happened again.

just pushed the button on a Graphite X-Pro2 and Graphite 23mm f2......I need to lie down...... quick someone call a Doctor....

What again......

Back