The Going To The Cinema & General Film Thread

Went to see Guy Ritchies "The Gentlemen" last night. I love those Brit, gritty gangster films form Ritchie, Tarantino etc.
Really well shot, a great story line kept me hooked all the way through, wondering what turn was coming next.
Hugh Grant was a strange choice for the character but he played it beautifully. I did sort of guess what was going on after a while, and the first 20 minutes sound really confusing but once it starts to piece together, it has you hooked.

Went to see the latest adaptation of "Emma" yesterday. It's a novel I love and have read several times, so I approached it with some trepidation. Inevitably to fit the length of a film there was some adjustment, but on the whole all the important elements were present. Anya Taylor-Joy gives a performance faithful to how her character was written, with Emma's faults given due weight as they often tend not to be. The Box Hill 'badly done' part was particularly well done, I felt.

IMO the best feature length version yet.

A word of warning. Out of interest I watched Home Sweet Home Alone last night.

Do not make my mistake.

We all know it was a terrible idea to make it, and as expected it was rubbish. Not one single laugh, I didn’t even crack a smile.

Avoid.

A word of warning. Out of interest I watched Home Sweet Home Alone last night.

Do not make my mistake.

We all know it was a terrible idea to make it, and as expected it was rubbish. Not one single laugh, I didn’t even crack a smile.

Avoid.

I noticed it yesterday when browsing Disney+. Avoid was the 1st word that popped into my head!

Off to see Dune this morning, sadly not at IMAX but at least it's at Everyman where the seats are comfy and the wine selection not too bad.

I saw Dune on Thursday, a bit long and boring to be honest.

Surprised Bond hasn't got a mention yet, anyone seen it?

Found it a bit long winded with too much talking over action and lacking the cutting quips. Im interested to know if anyone watched to the end of the credits.
I watched it over the weekend till the end. "James Bond will Return". :thinking: :LOL: I thought it was an OK end to the Daniel Craig Bond. Not as much action as many of the previous films. There is a time jump which looking back is actually virtually real time, but little explanation what happened in that time.

I also watched Red Notice, and thought that was entertaining and good fun. :)

I saw Dune a week or so ago, and thought it was visually, and aurally, stunning. The story was not too deep, as they are seemingly splitting the story of the David Lynch version over two movies. I wish I would have seen in on an IMAX screening.

Last edited:
I watched the Bond film and as ever always impressive.

Saw King Richard a week or so ago, another good one.... even better as the Missus got free tickets from the Sky app for it. :ROFLMAO:

Anyone seen the Spanish film Estreñimiento or hasn't it come out yet?

• Haha
Reactions: Sky
Fisherman's Friends 2's out next Friday apparently, I loved the first one and will definitely be seeing the sequel. I pay about £18 a month for the Unlimited card plus a fiver a year for the CEA card to get the support workers in for free, worth its weight in Gold and saves me a fortune, I try and go to the movies at least twice a month to get the money's worth out of the 18 quid a month fee.

Last edited:
@MrRichAllen1976

Hi Rick. Never knew there was a 2nd one coming. We loved the first one too.
Will be definitely be going to see this.
I too have a Odeon pass. My Mrs bought it me as a Christmas prezzie unfortunaly with what has gone on I have hardly used it. It as been extended but I have been over run with work the past few years. So not had the free time I was enjoying.

Gaz

Been to see Sing 2 this afternoon, got back an hour and half ago.

Good movie based on a talent contest, although I am reliably informed I was asleep through some of it so it can't have been THAT good.

Also, Fisherman's Friends 2 isn't out this Friday, it's actually out on the 29th of April, I Googled it last week.

Back