The Guardian Needs Your Butterfly Pics

Wow! This one has gone off an a tangent.........

Sure has Jerry, however it's possibly the most responses I've ever received to a simple information post ! Special thanks due to Charlychuckchuck From Chadderton without his comments, it wouldn't have got the same amount of attention. Thanks again Charly and keep smiling :)

Wow! This one has gone off an a tangent.........

And the object of the post lost in all the mud. It is regrettable that threads get lost in this way, as in cases like this the object of the OP was of good intent and to make us aware of the plight of the Butterfly.

I would like to thank Johnheatingman for making me aware of ...... http://butterfly-conservation.org/93/get-involved.html (And although I regret being involved in the diversion I make no apology for my comments:cool:)

And the object of the post lost in all the mud. It is regrettable that threads get lost in this way, as in cases like this the object of the OP was of good intent and to make us aware of the plight of the Butterfly.

I would like to thank Johnheatingman for making me aware of ...... http://butterfly-conservation.org/93/get-involved.html (And although I regret being involved in the diversion I make no apology for my comments:cool:)

No apology needed Charly. We all have differing views on every subject and thankfully in this country are allowed to express those views. At least my post may have served some slight purpose in making people aware of problems associated with butterflies and i'm sure your posts helped too. The banter between us was actually quite fun to be honest and........ I do make a good mug of cocoa ! Best regards,
John :D

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link, I saw and got a good photo of a Holly Blue to-day, managed to upload it and its gone. Great link.:)

I wonder how many who are expressing such cynical, biased opinions have actually read and understood the article. It's simply an incentive to get people to send in photos and details of where they live and where the photo was taken to assist the butterfly census. I can't see where the question of Pros enters into the equation in such a venture.
And if you read t&C you find they can use all photos submitted for what ever they want, like most competitions as well.

This current article in the Guardian ( online ) may be of interest to anyone with recent butterfly photos.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-a-butterfly-in-the-uk-share-your-photographs

John
This was the first post and its about butterflies not the profits of the guardian. Some butterflies have disappeared from our countryside and maybe if I go online somewhere I can find the photos that are printed in the newspaper. Why do some of you have to get so annoyed all the time.
If John hasn't posted much, what's the saying quality rather quantity, he's posting on his chosen subject, butterflies. Keep it up John I love butterflies. I planted dozens of Alder Buckthorn for Brimstone's, the small trees are mature and bursting with berries but still up here Lleyn Peninsula we have no Brimstone butterflies so I would like to see the location of any photos that are printed.

I think it's a legit point - basically the paper is after free content, though perhaps we should be a little more generous to them than some since they don't actually use a paywall.
They do benefit from a large trust and of course selling autotrader.

Back