IMG_8440-thumb.jpg

6)
IMG_8444-thumb.jpg

7)
IMG_8445-thumb.jpg

8)
IMG_8448-thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Should really admit that the last 3 or pretty much Jimmy and Marcels photos, just my shutter happened to be open at the time... ;)

Wow I like those a lot. In No3 did you zoom the lens out during the exposure to create that effect?

You've caught a great rim light round Bod (?) in 6 & 7 :LOL:

Last edited:
That looks funky, what is that thing?

Hi Darryn.

That thing glows above my house :).

All great pictures but #3 stands out for me :clap:.

That looks funky, what is that thing?
Its one of a series of sculptures that have been erected around Lancashire, the others arent as interesting IMO. The project is called the Panopticons other sculptures being named The Atom, The Singing Ringing Tree and Colourfields.

Wow I like those a lot. In No3 did you zoom the lens out during the exposure to create that effect?
Thanks very much, and Yup, thats about it... Zoomed from 70-24 during a 2.5s exposure :)

Ah right, i like the zoomed one, reminds me of the Close encounters film. :)

I really like this set, nice effects and all, but mainly because it's such a cool thing to have near where you live!

LOL They look good :D

IIRC It's jimmy in number 6 with the thick left arm (stage right), and I'm number 7 with the thick right arm (stage left).
That shot was Jimmy's idea though :D I had to copy it :p

Just spotted this one, not sure if it works or not, another Zoomy Zoom shot, but this time with the added interest of Marcel. :)

IMG_8442-thumb.jpg

Ooo I like the last one Darryn :) In fact I like them all! Looks like I really need to work on my drawing though :p It is deffo more of a blue light than a green one (as it looked on your screen) though isnt it. But then the sky looks right so guess it cant just be white balance.

Me likes

The last one, is that using remote flash? sycn three? :thinking:

Number 8... the last one of the initial batch is actually Jimmy trying to blind me and Marcel with his flash gun, hand held.

great shots gotta take a trip up there, would have like to ave met you guys up there, but only found out about the meet at 7-25 last night, maybe next time (y)

Those are just too cool for school. :clap:

I don't often go for zoom bursts but do with those, just brilliant.

Would have like to ave met you guys up there, but only found out about the meet at 7-25 last night, maybe next time (y)

No excuse good sir... I was at work until 8pm, got home at 8.15, saw the post and jumped straight back into my car, 15mins later id covered the 20miles... Maybe if id have not rushed id have remebered my coat. :(

Loving that last zoomy zoom zoom shot Darryn :D

Bugger! I missed that thread. I'd have loved to have met up with you guys. And to think I spent last night ironing and watching a really dull game of footie! Grrrrrrrrr.

Great pics though!

No excuse good sir... I was at work until 8pm, got home at 8.15, saw the post and jumped straight back into my car, 15mins later id covered the 20miles... Maybe if id have not rushed id have remebered my coat. :(

Hi Darryn

mmmm its about the same distance for me to, but I wouldnt have forgot my coat LOL,

no really it would have been better to have known earlier so I could make arrangements eg had the car as my misses had it ah well theres always next time (y) as it would take much longer on foot

Last edited:
Back