The "how would you edit this photo" game.

Here's my take on the subject matter, wedding dress, that's what I saw
Hope it's in the bounds of the game/test...

Click for larger...

Bride and Smoke
by Farmejim, on Flickr

Jim, that's a bit of class.

I knew you would love this thread.

Rhodese.

Jim, that's a bit of class.

I knew you would love this thread.

Rhodese.
Cheers mate:) Yeah, sort of thing I like to play and see if my imagination's still there!
Still a Junior member I see, GROW UP! Hahahaha :)

An editing game....with no rules!:) Looks like fun, please may I have a go? Thanks :banana:

Haha- indeed, rules just add complexity and stifle creativity- although we did all agree the entry had to at least use the original image- so there's kind of one rule;)

Regards your edit- like what you've done, nice vision:).

Thanks Dr. O you've cleared up any questions I may have had, thanks for letting me play :)

Ok, let me just wade through the entries....:tumbleweed: :p. Hopefully more to do with the fact that it was quite hard to do something with the image provided (my bad) rather than the thread totally dying.

So, if I was a vertically challenged crackpot suffering wee man syndrome and wishing to nuke everyone at the drop of a hat, should I acquire them- I would award myself the win:naughty::D

However, fun as that may be with your own private basketball team etc, it's not right for my idiom:)

Even though your the only other entry Jim, I am impressed with your imagination and I feel you've pulled off the implementation of that idea well- despite the obvious absence of sharks/ dragons etc:p:D. I therefore have no hesitation in awarding you the win regardless of the lack of competition- congratulations:clap:

Hopefully, you can post a more adaptable image lol

Thank you Dr. OI don't know what to say, great honour, er.. sorry wasn't expecting this and haven't prepared a speech, I'd just like to thank God obviously, for inventing cameras and my children for the painful sacrifices they've had to endure blah blah blah................................

Looking back over the archives of what has come before I joined TP to get an idea of what's required, I can say that I had a good laugh. The shark jumping out of the pond and rioting, placard waving monkeys are two that come to mind :):) Brilliant stuff.

So the next challenge is.....................

View attachment 4947

Let your imaginations run free and I'll call it Sunday evening if I'm sober or Monday if I'm not.

Cool, good potential here:).

Yes, had a quick look back - some of the crew are totally awesome at PP. I do like going 'all out' here and feel it's one of the best ways to learn new skills that the principles of which can then be applied to your own pics when editing and also in the PP Game thread.

Come on the rest, join in.

bit slow around here;):p

had a few ideas but none of them ever came together so bit of an amalgamation of things in the end:D

Edit66
by Dr_Ozone, on Flickr

Like it Dr. O. You're definitely one of the best so far :)

Anybody else??????

Haha- that's great Jim, the anagram would have taken me ages. Really like what you have done with the floor and celing. Good idea with the pictures too- works well:).

You could be in the lead:D

Ta Dr. O. I'm reasonably compos mentis so I'm doing the judging now. Oh yes I am, get off me I know what I'm doin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,agghh, biff bang, gerroff, ooww, ...........
Right, where was I ? Oh yes, ...............for his sterling work in the art of photographic editing , I'm overwhelmed with joy and Timothy Taylor's Landlord to award 1st prize, all the money and plaudits to.........................

Hold your breath.............................

to....................................

Dr. O.

Memo. This thread needs more humanoids.

Why thank you:). It comes as a bit of a surprise but of course I accept:p

Quite difficult to find photos for this thread compared to the other one and I did fail last time so hopefully more scope this time round- should be, there's nothing in it;)

DSC01267
by Dr_Ozone, on Flickr

Humanoids:welcome::D

Looks a bit cold for dragons Dr. O.:)

I decided that it was far too cold so changed it to something warmer.

This is entitled " BBC using new OB rig for Paris-Dakar Rally."

desert1
by jimthompson9, on Flickr

Last edited:
I didn't spot that one coming:D

I like it- dust trail, camels and flying carpet- you couldn't ask for any more:).

I forgot to say when I'd call it- how remiss of me:rolleyes:. Lets say Friday evening for those last minute entries...;)

Ok, bit later than I had intended but there was a lot of deliberation involved;)

My first take:

Edit70
by Dr_Ozone, on Flickr

However, I really wanted a Yeti but, it seems that just like dragons, there are no good pictures of them:mad::p

So, alternative plan hatched but not quite sure what else to do with it so just plonked it in:D

Edit71
by Dr_Ozone, on Flickr

So, in reverse order

Dr O- like what you've done there with the skiers- shadows in tact albeit facing the wrong way with the sun:p. Snow mobile fine- perspective and all that. Yeti does look as though it's been plonked there so prob mark you down for that;)

Anonymous- Interesting- very abstract, don't see a lot but at the same time can see whatever I want to see. Certainly a strong theme of nothingness.

And finally, to the winner- well done Jim:clap:. The change of season was a clincher:D

challenge1.jpg
Eye of sauran would go good on thos one. :)

Damn, just realised I'd fished out a helicopter picture and then forgotten about it:eek:- pretty sure I'd have pipped you Jim if that Sea King had gone in there......;)

Last edited:
It was a tough challenge and the opposition was awesome, the skiers were excellent although I would have them going up-hill and the Yeti crushing a couple of them, blood on snow..... very atmospheric, think you missed your chance there Dr O. :( Thank goodness there was no Sea King, that, as you so rightly say would have been a winner.
Eye of sauran would go good on thos one. :)

Welcome Bryn, is that a challenge? Would you like a go at setting us a test? Dr.O. and I need some competition:)

Why don't you post that pic, (National Gallery?) and let's have a go.:)

Doesn't look like this thread has many followers Doc. OMG, I'm starting to sound like Bugs Bunny. Anyway let's run this up the flagpole and see who shoots at it and starts a small war in a far off kingdom that no-ones ever heard of.
I actually will get round to doing a proper edit on this one some time but for now I want to get some ideas.

TP2013_1112x10London0013
by Farmejim, on Flickr

Plenty to get your teeth into here..................

No, a bit slow these days unfortunately- I may try and pimp it out there later in the basics/ out of focus sections

All good fun though.

Thinking cap is on, although one idea for you on the image is not to shoot through windows:p

Still, we like a challenge:D

Thinking cap is on, although one idea for you on the image is not to shoot through windows:p

Still, we like a challenge:D

I was on top of double-decker Boris bus. Peeing with rain and the interior lights on. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)
I thought, as a memorial to John Bunyan, it was in a sorry state with cables under it through the writing etc.
It's a challenge tho':)

Ok, so, had a small wrong turn somewhere and have just wasted an hour fannying around with a disco light creation- it has not ended well:eek::D

So, stripped it back quite a lot- in fact by about 97% (for those statisticians amongst us:p)

Originally I had thought about filling a path over some of the reflections and it grew from there. Also wanted to use a gargoyle but it didn't look right in the end.

Bit of a compromise to get something out in the end so I will not be offended if your masterpiece is better:)- that is of course if there are not thousands of other entries by the time you judge- because you never know:naughty:

Not come across John Bunyan- so just goes to show how this thread is also highly educational, nice one Jim- and some think it's all about sharks:rolleyes:

Edit73
by Dr_Ozone, on Flickr

Very eeenterrresting Herr Doktor, I sink zer ees a place for you in our sanatorium................

not had a chance to do anything yet, what with all the weather. I'll try and get something done tomoz. Time for early doors at the Old Olive Bush now:beer:

:D

No probs, weather is rather p*sh. Just had some snow, back to rain. Fun fun:rolleyes:

Enjoy:beer::)

congrats on your win on the other thread Doc. I reckon you've got a good chance of winning this one as well! :)
Here's my edit.
The motion blurring didn't work out as I'd hoped .............

Bunyan
by Farmejim, on Flickr

Cheers, just posted image on it for you all:)

Your edit is brilliant Jim- if was drinking coffee it'd be on the keyboard:D

Not sure I can accept a win on the face of it- it would feel hollow but I am happy to go with any decision the judges come to?:)

I've been in a long dialogue with the panel of international judges and apart from the Latvian judge ( she hate's disco) the result was unanimous and Dr. O is the winner!
Memo...........Need more entries............

I've been in a long dialogue with the panel of international judges and apart from the Latvian judge ( she hate's disco) the result was unanimous and Dr. O is the winner!
Memo...........Need more entries............

And who is second :p

haha, excellent:)

ok, down to business, try this- I've lightened it for the purposes of the thread so you can a least see everything and hopefully have plenty of scope

cromarty
by Dr_Ozone, on Flickr

You are John:) and as such by the rules of the game, that means that you will have to post an entry!:banana: Go on have a go, anything goes on this thread! :)

Looks like anything goes on the other thread (PP Game) with your recent rocket ship rendition of the light tower. Your edits always make me smile (y) as that thread has become very serious :(

I am subscribed to this & who knows I make take a bash :thinking:

You're more than welcome John - you can see the general standard we operate on:D

Ta Dr O - all absolutely 'barking' unless I'm missing a point
animated-smileys-dancing-015.gif

Been busy lambing! Not much time for this one, can't get the crowds right!

launch
by Farmejim, on Flickr

I don't stand a chance of winning against the stiff opposition!

Back