The Humble Sparrow

Edit My Images
Yes
I liked the pose in this one and it's probably my first decent Sparrow capture.

The Sparrow
311282349_nor8v-XL.jpg

Canon 30D - Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX - ISO 400 1/250th @ F4.5

Mike.

:clap: Like this one (y)

It may be me, my monitor or the one colour background, but it looks processed within an inch of its life,almost like a transfer onto a green background.

No offence intended, but I really don`t like it......:shrug:

It may be me, my monitor or the one colour background, but it looks processed within an inch of its life,almost like a transfer onto a green background.

No offence intended, but I really don`t like it......:shrug:

none taken at all, each to their own, I don't think I over processed it deliberately anyway :thinking:, only my usual, lighten, increase blacks, sharpen and then ran it through neat image to get rid of the noise, all done in about 40 secs, as far as I'm concerned my preference is for the background to be as plain as possible so that the subject stands out, too many wildlife and bird shots in particular are spoiled by a cluttered background, don't see many magazine shots of similar subjects in amongst a thicket ;)

Mike.

none taken at all, each to their own, I don't think I over processed it deliberately anyway :thinking:, only my usual, lighten, increase blacks, sharpen and then ran it through neat image to get rid of the noise, all done in about 40 secs, as far as I'm concerned my preference is for the background to be as plain as possible so that the subject stands out, too many wildlife and bird shots in particular are spoiled by a cluttered background, don't see many magazine shots of similar subjects in amongst a thicket ;)

Mike.

Fair comment Mike, I like wildlife with habitat included, each to thier own.......:)

i prefer the background as it is makes the bird stand out more

Hi,

thanks for the comments above, not been back out much since these but hope to rectify that the next few days.

Mike.

Really lovely shot that one!!!! (y)

(should this be in Birds forum?)

I agree - a tad oversharpened IMO. Sorry.

Hi,

thanks for the comments.

I see they have moved it to the new 'bird' section which I think is a great idea as it will allow people to better see each shot whether it be animals/nature or birds, they can very quickly get bumped off the first page and let's face it a lot people probably don't go past page 1.

Mike.

Hi,

thanks for the comments.

I see they have moved it to the new 'bird' section which I think is a great idea as it will allow people to better see each shot whether it be animals/nature or birds, they can very quickly get bumped off the first page and let's face it a lot people probably don't go past page 1.

Mike.

Agree completely Mike, new section is great............(y)

I can see why you like it. Its a great shot, sharp in all the right places. Generally spot on

Slightly better than just "decent" - very sharp, great bokeh, nothing too distracting and a perfect pose. Couldn't really get much better!

Hi,

here's the original.

316600954_ZoXck-L.jpg

Mike.

Back