The iPhone 8 and X cameras.

How is a messaging system that can reach fewer people an advantage over a messaging systems that can reach more people?

You seriously can’t be this obtuse...

eb6.jpg

Because it’s expensive, you don’t like the colour and a train is the same thing?

:D:D:D
That, and my previously mentioned mate up North- who we'll call 'Dick'- who will probably buy an X, has one. :D

Those who will, will and those who won't, won't. That's a fact you are not going to change people. Me I am going to see what happens, i.e. No fires or other problems then make my mind up

The thing that I find most tedious about the Apple Vs Samsung fight which is pretty much what it boils down to is this.
The hardware is pretty pointless at the moment, the phone tech has been pretty damned good for a good 3 years now.
My NOTE 4 which is about 3 years old is a beast of a phone, super mint screen, bags of power, runs all apps with impressive speed.

Apple and Samsung just want to outcompete each other and sell that to the consumer as an upgrade when 9/10 the best phone the consumer has is the one that is just running out of its 24 month contract. People should stop buying in to the upgrade game.

for me the biggest weakness in the mobile market is the apps, we are still stuck using the same apps as we were years ago, facebook, whasapp, snapchat etc etc.

I want to see much better and more usefull apps and collaboration with the device designers to bring this on.

The LG V30 is looking like more of a step in the right direction for me, addressing hardware that normally gets overlooked. The quad-DAC by all reports so far is supposed to be fantastic and comes bundled with some reasonably decent B&O earbuds rather than the stuff you normally get which tent to make the free earphones you get on long haul flights look decent.

Right now that's the only phone that has remotely caught my interest and might make me chop in my two year old nexus 6p.

The clever part about Apple's marketing this time is that they released the iPhone 8 too. This will be expensive anyway but makes it possible to justify even more money for the iPhone X. They could of excluded making the iPhone 8 version all together and pushed ahead with production of the X. Most people will be draw to the X over the 8

Pretty scary for pro's how good these phones are getting. The post capabilities seem amazing!

I don't think pros need to worry. Their UWA and telephoto capabilities are pretty much null so even if their tiny sensors got to FF levels (they never will) they still will be lagging significantly behind.

It's great for casual users, but remember most of what you see is significantly cleaned and enhanced by clever software.

I don't agree the post capabilities are worth mentioning though, they are still very poor, as soon as you tweak it just goes to mush or noisy hell.

TBH, the only reason I stuck with apple is because of iTunes.

I don't buy much on there, but all my music and playlists that I've spent years creating are managed through there.

I suspect many people are in the same boat. If anyone can bring out an Android phone that can somehow sync with my iTunes library, I'd certainly consider moving to it.

My tablet, on the other hand is Android. That's because I mainly use the tablet for watching films and Android's drag and drop system is much better than having to import stuff to iTunes (in the correct format) then upload it from your PC to your phone seems laborious.

TBH, the only reason I stuck with apple is because of iTunes.

I don't buy much on there, but all my music and playlists that I've spent years creating are managed through there.

I suspect many people are in the same boat. If anyone can bring out an Android phone that can somehow sync with my iTunes library, I'd certainly consider moving to it.

My tablet, on the other hand is Android. That's because I mainly use the tablet for watching films and Android's drag and drop system is much better than having to import stuff to iTunes (in the correct format) then upload it from your PC to your phone seems laborious.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...-android-how-sync-itunes-music-free/32603595/

Not sure how it works with icloud files, but I guess it will work. Worth trying with your tablet

Last edited:
itunes is the spawn of satan.

As regards the cameras the hawaei cameras are meant to be coming along nicely.

The new google pixel phone also seems to be getting there

The new google pixel phone also seems to be getting there
Apart from the dated design, screen burn-in problems, dull colours, clicking sounds from the NFC activation, and poor audio recording quality, I'd agree with you.

Apart from the dated design, screen burn-in problems, dull colours, clicking sounds from the NFC activation, and poor audio recording quality, I'd agree with you.
The colours aren't really dull though, they are correctly calibrated like all our monitors instead of oversaturated like all the other garish mobile phone screens.
I get a feeling all the other issues are blown out of proportion or will be easily fixed with software updates.
I won't be buying it because I'm mid cycle for my upgrade schedule, but I do think it's probably a lot better than all the scare-mongering suggests.

The colours aren't really dull though, they are correctly calibrated like all our monitors instead of oversaturated like all the other garish mobile phone screens.
I get a feeling all the other issues are blown out of proportion or will be easily fixed with software updates.
I won't be buying it because I'm mid cycle for my upgrade schedule, but I do think it's probably a lot better than all the scare-mongering suggests.

Mine went trough a stage of overheating to the point of restarting itself.
It randomly just turns the volume up from silent for video playback.
Couple of nights ago it started playing music (while on silent) at 1.30am!

Can't wait to get rid!

I didn't think it was that bad. But I guess I can be wrong once a year

Back