The Jetty lookout

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Following a look through my Lake District photos I came across the odd few that I had missed out. This one in particular I was in two minds about but have now come to my conclusion. However your thoughts would be appreciated too on it.

DSC_41151.jpg

Thanks

It doesn't do it for me - sorry :shrug: because the jetty is so powerful in the photo it drags my eyes away from the rest of it. Have you tried a crop? I think you have captured the stillness of the lake and the resulting reflections but it feels almost like it could be 2 separate pictures.

It doesn't do it for me - sorry :shrug: because the jetty is so powerful in the photo it drags my eyes away from the rest of it. Have you tried a crop? I think you have captured the stillness of the lake and the resulting reflections but it feels almost like it could be 2 separate pictures.

No thats fair enough Bruja, your opinion is most appreciated and taken on board(y) The separation you feel is maybe due to the lead of the jetty to the left of the picture. Trouble was I wanted to capture the landscape in the distance on the right plus the jetty. Whereas if I composed it more across to the left with the jetty and the green trees, I would have lost the right hand landscape that I liked.

I really like that. The jetty leads you across the lake and over to the other side then you follow on to the mountain.(y)

I love the mountains, the reflections and the sky. I love the jetty. I feel the same as Bruja though. I feel torn between the two features, sorry, doens't quite work for me.

Sorry, but I tend to agree with Bruja. The jetty takes you across the lake rather than down it. However, composition aside, it is lovely and moody and for that, well done.

Very nice. Nicely composed, the jetty provides a nice lead into the image and the wet footprints on the jetty are a complimenting feature. Like the tones you have caught.

Thanks for the other comments everyone. Seems mixed thoughts on the image but all helpful stuff(y)

Even though I totally see peoples thoughts on the "split image" due to the composition, I still like it somewhat:shrug:

Im going to have a play with a crop (even though I hate cropping) to see what else would have worked. I may be back with an edit:)

Back