The Motorsport Duffers Thread

So busy I was shooting away at Jackson trying to recover from a spin at Surtees, that I completely missed Shaun's Golf binning it right in front of me...

doh.jpg

Nah, you soon realise you won't catch everything and on the face on it Jackson spinning out from second was more of a story than Shaun binning it at the back... sorry Shaun!

That was just funny to see his car in the corner of my shot :D

I've just had a good giggle looking through this thread so feel I ought to contribute as payment:)

Img_5132.jpg

Seth - so close :(

damn nice car though :)

Andrew welcome to TP (y) and welcome to my duffer thread :) for me its good to know that my once "recycled" pics now have a home! ;)

yours is a stonker, nice of the post and warning sign to make an appearance :) :LOL:

I've got loads of these and I can't be bothered to go through and delete them.

Here are some of my almost shots.

I was desperate to get a good shot Giovanardi (was my favourite in BTCC) and I was so pleased with myself for this shot I was showing friends, until I got home and saw it wasn't in focus. Doh! :bang:

DSC_9539-1.jpg

I just saw Bell spin in front of me and quickly focused and shot him, but I didn't see George spin following behind. If I'd focused a split second later I would have got George instead in a great shot. :bang:

DSC_9448.jpg

You're wish is my command!
DSC07496newtop2.jpg

OK not perfect but worth a shot and with a bit more clearing up!

Great Photoshop work there Chris. Don't worry Paul, I had a simular incident.

I was pleased with the shot, until I realised I'd cut the front off. After a bit Photoshop work, the front was there. This shot is now one of favourites that I've taken and a large print hangs on my wall.

Before:

DSC_9488-1.jpg

After:

DSC_9488FINALBIGGrassv2.jpg

This was my first attempt at motorsport, good to know that I'm fitting in...

4597043774_bb5039631a.jpg

Nicholas that is one amazing duffer :clap: :clap:

One of meany Duffers i shoot all the time :bang::LOL:.

It could all have been right :crying: :LOL:

Typical that the car that got the most air was also the one to give the most blur:bang:

IMG_2791.jpg

Elvis

This is my most annoying motorsport duffer, out of focus and a cut down car.

Its Tony Bardy on the tunnocks tour of mull rally last year.

DSC04998.jpg

:bonk:

Adam.

:clap: Adam thats one amazing duffer :) my club seems to be growing daily lol

Heres one from Oulton last weekend. was trying to catch the flames.

IMG_8080.jpg

Well you caught the flames :clap: shame it looks like the marshall has a flammable wee :) (and the logo on the back of the marshall is causing me to laugh as well - fits in nicely)

Ziploc,you could have saved face and stuck it in the 'Spotted a Marshal' thread :D
Some first class duffers in here btw (y)

Lol! After deletion I'm only left with a handful of decent shots. I find it V hard to get sharp motorsport pics.

Seeing as my first event was the MotoGP at Silverstone, I thought I'd start off with this one.

Randy De Puniet waving at Club corner after the Sunday morning warm up.

Some kind chap sat down at the front decided to raise his hands way above his head to offer his round of applause just as I pressed the shutter.

4747221746_39029518f4_b.jpg

Thanks fella. :bang:

I also have a few "empties" but we'll not go there. :LOL:

That is one hell of a duffa, made even worse by its out of your control :bang: Welcome to the thread, in a nice way, hope you will be back (obviously I hope you get some cracking shots too!!)

Silverstone GP BUMP!!!! :wave: lots of people there, so dont forget to keep some of your top duffers for this thread!! :)

Hi all, Monaghan Stges Rally this year beautiful weather, beautiful car cocking a front wheel and my autofocus decides to focus on a small twig on the left hand side just as i was about to shoot :crying:

IMG_0021.jpg

Sorry ages since i used picasa and i forgot to take of the watermark, adds to its Duffness...lol

Back