The Motorsport Duffers Thread

So there I was... bored with cars on tracks, time to slow things down.... ooooh! the sun has gone in - perfect! 1/6th pans time... hmmm not *quite* sure that works...

wtcc_mad1.jpg

I think that might be Tarquini??? Who knows!

Didn't stop me from trying it loads though... bag of 5h1te... bet Gary loves it :D

i really like it - more atry than a photo, but still looks good for me (y)

Yeah art like those freaks do that pour paint over their naked bodies and then thrash around on a big canvas :D

Just for you - limited edition prints now available (of the car shot that is, I'm not getting naked and paint covered for anyone!)

:LOL:

Here's my effort. Don't get me wrong - I have a lot worse entries - but somehow in this photo I managed to get his face crystal clear, i managed to mess up the motorcycle itself by blurring it (don't ask me how cos I dont know), and I managed to chop his head off :(

IMG_3541.jpg

Dubcat, what aperture where you at??? god knows how you got face in focus and bike oof!!! (y) great great duffer :D

Dubcat, what aperture where you at??? god knows how you got face in focus and bike oof!!! (y) great great duffer :D

Dave it is f/5.6 at 200mm ... would you have expected such weirdness? :)

It's prob because the bike is on the way up or down in the wheelie. So you get the rider sharp but bike blurred. Usually happens other way round for me.. I get bike nice and sharp but the rider moves around and get a bit blurred - how dare they :LOL:

nope never had that...........

It's prob because the bike is on the way up or down in the wheelie. So you get the rider sharp but bike blurred. Usually happens other way round for me.. I get bike nice and sharp but the rider moves around and get a bit blurred - how dare they :LOL:

cheers for shedding light on the issue :)

And as my 12 year old daughter would say...

Epic fail :wacky:

CCP_8885.JPG

This is good wood right? Looks like same place I took my motorcycle duffer shot. I have many pics just like yours :)

This is good wood right? Looks like same place I took my motorcycle duffer shot. I have many pics just like yours :)

Oh yes indeed it was but I did keep going and got one or two (click thing) but it was really hard being so close with a 70-200 because I could only get the full car edge to edge at 70mm! Should have just gone 24-70 but pride an all that :wacky:

Hmm well I was using 70-200 too. If you stood across from the stand then 70mm was ok. I got quite a few good shots there. Rather than shooting when the cars were right in front of me I tended to shoot at an angle... I guess that gave me some extra width. Changing lenses there would have been a bad idea with the huge amount of dust being thrown up by the tractors and Paris dakkar cars! Just keep telling yourself that is why you didnt change lenses lol :)

Haha I could literally have my own thread on here. Hundreds and hundreds of duffers.

Oh steve :( thats a monumental duffer :clap:

I'm trying to work out which one of those blokes standing over the hill is Josh Brookes and why no earth there's an out of focus motorcycle in the air.

:thinking:

:bonk:

Gribbsy,

I'll see your one OOF bike over the mountain and raise you two :D

BSBrubbish.jpg

I'm trying to work out which one of those blokes standing over the hill is Josh Brookes and why no earth there's an out of focus motorcycle in the air.

:thinking:

:bonk:

:D lol :D

desantnik - that was impressive!!! Whos got 3???

There's 3 in that one, well 2 and a bit......

That is quality. IMO the only thing ruining it is the speaker coming out of the chaps head between the trees. Other than that, it's stunning :p

Now if only I had spent a bit more time processing then that shot would have been perfect.

Love how you've caught the detail and light in that fence!!!

I've only just picked this thread up... i've got so so so many i could add!! :(

Love how you've caught the detail and light in that fence!!!

I've only just picked this thread up... i've got so so so many i could add!! :(

Then please do (y)

:D

Having joined up to seek advice on my new camera I was thouroughly depressed looking at the quality pics on this site. Then I found this thread, somewhere I can call my spiritual TP home :)

First day out with new camera, crap weather, fogged up lens, wrong settings and clueless operator=

IMG_04361.jpg

This one is part of a series when bike and rider parted, I have the bike on its own, the rider on his own but I like the solo appearance of fuel tank contents the best-

IMG_05211.jpg

Glad so many of you are having duffer moments like me :) keep it up lol

Here is one of many I had from Silverstone last weekend :LOL:

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

U were at the Renault World Series too eh Rusk... Good Weekend i thought!!

U were at the Renault World Series too eh Rusk... Good Weekend i thought!!

Yup. I go every year. Think this was my 5th.

I was hoping to bump into some fellow TPers but we must have all been to busy snapping :LOL:

i didnt actually take my camera along (Bad i know!!) but i was camping in a field down the road and didnt fancy the pikey chavs behind me helping themselves to my gear lol!!

Back