The mpb sponsored competition with exciting prizes

This thread is more entertaining than anything I ever saw in hot topics :p
I've left Hot Topics now to all the wordsmiths, conspiracy theorists, doom-mongers, racists and bedwetters.
(no doubt missed lots of other categories, but like Hot Topics just can't be bothered)
I might not have entered this competition, but the above mentioned have never submitted a photo anywhere

Last edited:
I've left Hot Topics now to all the wordsmiths, conspiracy theorists, doom-mongers, racists and bedwetters.
(no doubt missed lots of other categories, but like Hot Topics just can't be bothered)
I might not have entered this competition, but the above mentioned have never submitted a photo anywhere
HT has been so peaceful since you left :LOL: :exit:

OK guys that's enough, its turning into a thread most commonly found in HT

I’m not clear what purpose this thread serves now the entries have closed. I expect you’ll either announce te results in the entries thread or a new one?

I’m not clear what purpose this thread serves now the entries have closed. I expect you’ll either announce te results in the entries thread or a new one?
Probably in here and the entry thread.
Maybe a banner header too, but then we have another freebie competition on the horizon...
Watch for the announcements...
And God help us!
edited to add, this one also has a prize.

Last edited:
All this talk of cut-off dates reminds me of my vasectomy - that date was the 17th June 2009...

Another satisfied customer for Dr Bolokov.

I enjoyed the competition as I very, very, very rarely go in for competitions, I have enjoyed seeing the gear that people have used and the stories behind the reason, self confessed gear head and the images have also been very, very good.
I also like the open theme of the competition.
Hope there are more.

The results are now in, congratulations to the winners.
Please PM @mpb.com with your email address
Jamil would also like your permissions to post the images on their facebook & twitter pages.
If you agree could you also say privately.
They also would like the original file also.

Winner: @CavGez (Camera on tripod with motion-blurred people)

Comment: This image really stood out as it captures the theme of the competition really well. It displays good technical understanding in capturing an everyday scene whilst keeping the camera as the central subject.

52229316915_d0d7e8cc0b_k.jpg

Runnerup 1: @Knikki (number 7 racecar)

Comment: Who doesn't love a good pan shot - and this one is done really well, with many flowing lines dividing up the frame and placing the subject right in the centre of them all.

52179498879_9512703782_k.jpg

Runnerup 2: @Allan.H (Poppies)

Comment: We liked this still life as it showed great use of colour and shape while using light to bring a more sombre mood.

52225994639_44d3b69c40_b.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent choice - and congratulations to the three winners (When's the next one?)

Last edited:
Well done everyone who participated, and congratulations to the winners.

Congrats to the winners and a good choice of images by the judge.

At the risk of being boring, for the next comp (and I really hope that MPB continue this idea)
The T&Cs really need to be written properly to prevent the need for this (below) which I was warning about in the other thread.

Just a suggestion for the future without wishing to stir up a hornets' nest

Jamil would also like your permissions to post the images on their facebook & twitter pages.

They also would like the original file also.

Congrats to the winners but also to all who entered and made it more than usually interesting viewing - MPB must get some credit there for the subject choice.

Well done guys.

I'm looking forward to the award ceremony, and who said there's no such thing as a free lunch!

At the risk of being boring
Yes Mark you are being boring...
Its a request It was NOT a condition of entry.

You chose not to enter, so stop trying to take the shine off the winners, and those that did enter.

Last edited:
Back