The new old film #11 Cars Discussion thread

I may have an actual old photo (c.1999) for this, if I can remember where I put them. How long do we get for entries?

I may have an actual old photo (c.1999) for this, if I can remember where I put them. How long do we get for entries?

We will work around your time frame for this one Dean, looking forward to seeing the shot!

Mark

New old film challenges run for 7 days then 3 days for voting.

Cool, mines up already.

Makes me sound old....I'm a grandad too :D My father had a two door maroon one at the same time:-

Richard (@medwaygreen ) nice Sprite! My first car was the second version, still had no door handles on the outside, and sliding windows unclipped just like yours, but had a lockable boot, and more ordinary headlights. I did like that car, a whole lot of fun. £200 for a 6-year old car. I was thinking of getting a hard top for it, but then I realised that I'd never get the doors open on winter mornings: the water would collect in the sliding window gutters and freeze, and you had to undo the hood to get at the door handle! Whoever invented external door handles was a genius... :)

Richard (@medwaygreen ) nice Sprite! My first car was the second version, still had no door handles on the outside, and sliding windows unclipped just like yours, but had a lockable boot, and more ordinary headlights. I did like that car, a whole lot of fun. £200 for a 6-year old car. I was thinking of getting a hard top for it, but then I realised that I'd never get the doors open on winter mornings: the water would collect in the sliding window gutters and freeze, and you had to undo the hood to get at the door handle! Whoever invented external door handles was a genius... :)

Thanks Chris and I know what you mean about the elements getting in,I can still remember the rain dripping down my neck. :)

Thanks Chris and I know what you mean about the elements getting in,I can still remember the rain dripping down my neck. :)

Off track, but later in Oz I had a MGB that had a roll bar fitted; this meant you could either have the hood up, or off the car, as it would not fold back. Wouldn't fit in the boot either. So in the morning I had to decide whether the weather would be good enough to leave the hood at home. Several times I remember the difficult job of getting the pool of rain water out of the tonneau cover without letting too much into the car, and also the speed I needed to drive for the rain to go over my head rather than onto it!

Off track, but later in Oz I had a MGB that had a roll bar fitted; this meant you could either have the hood up, or off the car, as it would not fold back. Wouldn't fit in the boot either. So in the morning I had to decide whether the weather would be good enough to leave the hood at home. Several times I remember the difficult job of getting the pool of rain water out of the tonneau cover without letting too much into the car, and also the speed I needed to drive for the rain to go over my head rather than onto it!

Exactly as my frog eyed bar on hood on, bar off hood off,but,bar off tonneau cover on the car got swamped.:clap:

I know time in the f&c section has it's own rules but "New Old Film" comps are supposed to run for 7 days and voting for 3, I know I posted mine on Wednesday but this should have closed on Tuesday and voting should have finished by now, come on Mark get the poll sorted (y)

You can now add a poll to the pictures thread... for next time... :)

I did try to edit my first post in that thread and add one but it didn't offer me the same option of a poll that was offered to me in a new thread. I just looked again before posting this and it wasn't obvious how to do that. What did I miss?

M

... don't know, but I added a poll for the Stratford meet, and it didn't seem difficult at the time!

Reading through this thread, I would [and still might] swop all of @Yv 's cameras for a Ginetta G15 like @ChrisR 's ;)

Last time I tried to buy one, from a copper in Bristol, we ended up £50 apart on £800 ... I reckon the cameras could make the difference! :D

Top man! Mind you, from memory you need fur-lined boots as the heater was a fug-stirrer about knee level. I did love that car...

Back