The New Old Film Challenge

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
During our regular film challenges one question that occurs quite often is "Do the shots have to be taken for this challenge?" and the answer is of course a resounding YES!

But, as a lot of us have a huge back catalogue of shoddy images, some of them stretching back to the 60's or in Brian's case even further I thought it might make for an interesting challenge,
particularly over the winter months when the opportunities for getting a whole roll of film shot are thinner on the ground.

So I'm proposing a Show Us Your Best ????????? Shot Challenge

Likely subjects are all the normal stuff, broad subjects like holidays, cars, autumn colours, pet, child, abstract blah, blah, blah...you get the picture.
Nothing too specific otherwise @Martpix will just have to choose your best deep level mine shot and the rest of us won't stand a chance.

Run along a similar line to the monthly, I use monthly in the loosest sense of the word, challenge.

As it's my ball I shall choose the first subject :D Then the winner gets to choose the subsequent months,
which should make it interesting as I'm sure we all have a good idea what's in our back catalogues and our favourite shots.

Some of the same rules will apply, it will have to have been shot on film and it has to be your image, no raiding your father's/mother's/brother's etc shoe box under the bed
for that shot of a man being eaten by a lion on that safari holiday your brother won on The Golden Shot in the 70's.

Since there shouldn't be too much delay sorting out shots for this I would have thought that a month should be plenty of time to sort out a shot.

And if there's anybody out there that wants to take part but doesn't have access to a scanner I'd be happy to scan the occasional negative if needed.

Last edited:
Well I'm in and would suggest starting with "Your best shot taken in 1952" I'm sure I'll have something going thru' my about one inch sq prints :D:D:D:D

Sounds good fun for the winter Nick,

Yep, sounds good to me.

Just when I find myself needing all the encouragement i can get hold of to go out and shoot, Nick comes up with this :banghead: :D

Count me in ......I might actually come across shots that I've forgotten about or ones that I initially didn't like but maybe now, they don't look so bad:p

Sounds good to me!

I'd love to have a go at this! My suggestion is that a "month" is much more than is needed for a rummage through the back catalogue, wouldn't it be better to make it a "fortnight" in the first instance? Both terms interpreted so loosely here, but since you don't have to go out and shoot, get something processed and scanned, the shorter time might mean we can get around a dozen a year...

Back