The North American and Pelican nebula

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
This is some data that is about 18 months old that needed to be looked at again, so here we have it!

The North America Nebula (NGC 7000 or Caldwell 20) is an emission nebula in the constellation Cygnus. The remarkable shape of the emission nebula resembles that of the continent of North America, complete with a prominent Gulf of Mexico. The North America Nebula is large, covering an area of more than four times the size of the full moon; but its surface brightness is low, so normally it cannot be seen with the unaided eye. The North America Nebula and the nearby Pelican Nebula, (IC 5070) are in fact parts of the same interstellar cloud of ionized hydrogen. The distance of the nebula complex is though to be approx 1800 light years away.

This is a total exposure time of 29 hours and 30 minutes, all exposures being 30 minutes long. It's made up of a 2x2 pane mosaic.

Details
M: Avalon Linear Fast reverse
T: Takahashi FSQ85 0.73x
C: QSI690-wsg with 3nm Ha filter

NGC7000 and IC5070 - The North American and Pelican nebula in bi colour by Sara Wager, on Flickr

Stunning :)

Will you stop it! :)

Absolutely fantastic Sara, I am always amazed by what is possible, you must have unlimited patience and dedication.

Out of this world!

Sorry :) It amazes me what some people can do. This is beautiful.

I'll doff my cap in reverence, thanks for sharing.

Fantastic, this is like research material, always enjoy seeing your amazing images

the colours are fantastic...great image

Fabulous images as usual Sara

Back