The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Simon,

I can definitely recommend the Footprint straps (like the one in my photo). Click HERE for the link to his shop on Ebay.

There are quite a few of us using them on here I think.

The pano shots look good by the way! (y)
Cheers,
Si

+1

I have a footprint neck strap - excellent stuff!

I really must look harder at those Footprint straps, they look really good value and great quality too. I'm still using an old one I found in the cupboard! :D

:agree:
The Footprints are excellent. If there's a style/colour combination you want message Clive via eBay - he's really helpful :clap:

Hi.

Just brought a used X Pro 1 with a 35mm lens and i'm very happy with it. The images are real nice.
I have a Nikon D7000 with a couple of lenses, and i'd like to buy an adaptor to swap the lenses to fit the fuji.
Will i loose the VR and Autofocus? I'd like to buy the fuji lens versions, but can't justify buying the same focal lengths twice!
Any advice is much appreciated.

I have that exact same grip and it makes a hell of a difference to the handling... I managed to find a thumb grip on Amazon that was slightly longer than some of the ones I'd seen. I'd love one of the Match Technical ones but they're too much money!

Click HERE for the Ebay link to the grip.

I need to find a couple of soft releases with longer threads 'cos I keep losing mine and at £3 a pop, it's getting expensive! :D

Do you have a link for the thumb grip?

Hi.

Just brought a used X Pro 1 with a 35mm lens and i'm very happy with it. The images are real nice.
I have a Nikon D7000 with a couple of lenses, and i'd like to buy an adaptor to swap the lenses to fit the fuji.
Will i loose the VR and Autofocus? I'd like to buy the fuji lens versions, but can't justify buying the same focal lengths twice!
Any advice is much appreciated.

I got a generic one on Ebay for about £15 from HK.

Its manual focus but it works.

Cant say I have used it that often TBH.

Will i loose the VR and Autofocus?

And quite probably aperture control as well, although that will depend which Nikon lenses and which adapter. I'm not familiar with the workings of Nikon lenses, but I have seen adapters to FX mount that offer electronic aperture control for Canon/Nikon lenses that don't have aperture dials.

If they are g lenses then the aperture wont work you can get an adaptor on ebay that has a manual aperture ring but its a bit hit or miss and you have to focus manually

Many thanks for the help. Think I'll try my luck with an adaptor until I can get 'proper' fuji glass.
The 10-24mm looks like it will be a good lens :)

Many thanks for the help. Think I'll try my luck with an adaptor until I can get 'proper' fuji glass.
The 10-24mm looks like it will be a good lens :)

I've ditched my Nikon 10-24mm in favour of the Fuji 10-24mm it's much better by far, not only in build quality but optical dexterity. This is destined to become a classic ! It's really sharp at all focal lengths.

I'm in the market for another Xpro1 to use as my backup. Anyone know who is doing any good deals at the moment or good second hand models?

I'm in the market for another Xpro1 to use as my backup. Anyone know who is doing any good deals at the moment or good second hand models?

The refurb shop still has them at £499, I don't know if there's a current valid discount code on the bodies? A quick Google suggests that "PAYPAL12" was still getting 10% off the listed refurb list price as recently as 5 weeks ago.

The refurb shop still has them at £499, I don't know if there's a current valid discount code on the bodies? A quick Google suggests that "PAYPAL12" was still getting 10% off the listed refurb list price as recently as 5 weeks ago.

Thanks for that. Very helpful. Ironic as I sold a brand new one and grip recently for £440 wish I kept it. !

I can do it for £15 inc postage.
Happy with that mate. Without wanting to upset anyone, is it worth listing it in the classifieds? Obviously I will buy it and send money straight away (paypal gift ok?), so may want to list it as sold straight away? Seems a bit silly really but if thats the rules...

Probably best to go through the proper route rather than risk someone reporting the posts to the green team.

Anyone having any joy with off camera flash with their X-Pro1? If so, how are you doing it and with what?

I'd be interested to hear of your tales :)

Anyone having any joy with off camera flash with their X-Pro1? If so, how are you doing it and with what?

I'd be interested to hear of your tales :)

I use yongnuo 603mkII along with yn560 mkIII flashes and all working as they should.

The Canon off-camera TTL lead will work with the Fuji flashguns to give you TTL. Fuji really need to get a grip on their flash it's their weakest link in their X series. Metz may be getting in on the act to offer a solution which could be good news.

After buying the system in a little bit of a rush towards the end of the deals I have not had any time to get acquainted with it. I'm now convalescing after a minor op and have been ploughing through the manual and though I am getting my head around it a little easier than i expected I was just wondering what settings people would recommend as a start up?

After buying the system in a little bit of a rush towards the end of the deals I have not had any time to get acquainted with it. I'm now convalescing after a minor op and have been ploughing through the manual and though I am getting my head around it a little easier than i expected I was just wondering what settings people would recommend as a start up?

There are a several useful X-Pro1 set-up pages..
http://roel.me/getting-the-most-out-of-your-fujifilm-x-pro1-part-2/
http://www.kevinmullinsphotography.co.uk/fuji/x-pro1-best-settings.html
http://primejunta.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/x-pro-1-tips-and-tricks-basics.html

I'm sure Damien Lovegrove also has an X-Pro1 set-up page, but I don't see it in my bookmarks.

Here's a couple of good pages to read to help you get acquainted with your X-Pro, I like some of the things this guy has to say :)

http://roel.me/getting-the-most-out-of-your-fujifilm-x-pro1-part-1/

http://roel.me/getting-the-most-out-of-your-fujifilm-x-pro1-part-2/

Funniest review of the X-Pro1 I've seen. Y'all seen it? :D

I'm sure this guy was in True Detective, wasn't he? Y'all! :)

Brilliant - thanks for sharing...

Morning all,

Can anyone recommend a shutter release cable for the xpro1 please? Could really do to get one for my landscape work.

Thanks in advance :)

I managed to blag a long air release from a local shop. Cost was zero but I dropped a couple of quid in the charity box on the counter. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of cable releases somewhere too. I wish all cameras came with screw holes in their release buttons to accept what used to be the standard cable releases.

I managed to blag a long air release from a local shop. Cost was zero but I dropped a couple of quid in the charity box on the counter. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of cable releases somewhere too. I wish all cameras came with screw holes in their release buttons to accept what used to be the standard cable releases.

I have had a look a few times at shops round here but not come across anything...........will keep looking though :)

Am I correct in saying you can't get/use an electronic cable with the xpro1?

This is true, this is also a one of reasons why I enjoy having the X-M1 as a second body (along with the electronic remote cable)

That said the old manual cables do a fine job and are cheap enough on ebay

Back