1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Since their appear to be a number of people picking these up now, what with the firmware fixes and M Mount Adapter release, maybe it's about time we got our own dedicated thread?

It would be nice to know which custom settings everyone is using, and what lenses you've decided to stick on the front. I'm going to be after a Voigtlander or two myself.

I picked mine up today and it's currently charging, so I've no images as yet - But hopefully I'll have some to share tomorrow. I'll definitely have some after the weekend!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sounds like a good idea!!! I'm getting mine over the weekend I've just bought it via the classifieds here

Phiggys likes this.
  3. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Might want to rename this the "Official" Fuji X-Pro 1 Thread.....

Phiggys likes this.
  4. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Done and done.

Phiggys likes this.
  5. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Nice!! Looking forward to seeing some shots!

6. Ceebs

Ceebs

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've had mine a couple of weeks now. I have the Fuji 35mm and 60mm lenses. Still getting used to the camera and only shooting jpegs at the moment. I love it. Haven't had chance to use the 60mm yet but the 35mm lens is stunning.

I took a while to decide on a camera bag to fit the camera, 2 lenses and my X100 but have settled on the Lowepro Event Messenger 150. I would highly recommend it.

I considered selling my X100 when I bought the X-Pro1 but couldn't bring myself to do it. The X100 is my wide(ish) angle lens with built in body.

Chris, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist! :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  7. Ceebs

Ceebs

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    X-Pro1 and 60mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Cracking shots mate! I'm awaiting my X-Pro1 today, should have it in the next 30 mins as I got it delivered to my parents!

Sold my X100 last night as well and haven't lost too much considering I've had it for a month, really tempted to go in and pickup the 18mm lens today to complement the 35 but those shots with the 60mm are tempting too!

Will need to get an adaptor so I can use my Canon FD 50 f1.8 on this which should fulfil my longer needs for now.

9. Ceebs

Ceebs

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks Chris. I think the best lens is the one you bought with the body. The 35mm 1.4 is amazing.

10. rogermbyrne

rogermbyrne

Name:
    Roger
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  11. woof woof

woof woof

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'd appreciate any user feedback on the reported "issues"...

Aperture chatter.
    AF performance.
    MF performance.
    Locking up.

I'm tempted by one of these but as there doesn't seem to be any chance of trying one locally I'll have to either drag myself into a city and find a dealer who has one or buy without trying of the net (which is what I normally do) so any intelligent user feedback will be very much appreciated.

Of all the new systems (MFT, Nex 7 etc) the Fuji seems to be the most attractive as from the off they have three lenses that I can imagine (grudgingly) buying (even though they're FBY with no markings, I've given up on there being new lenses that I really really want...) whereas, for example, there isn't a single Sony lens I'd want to buy.

12. Ceebs

Ceebs

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Aperture chatter fixed with latest firmware
    AF not up to my Nikon DSLRs but it's not a problem to me. I don't shoot sports.
    MF is ok when you get used to it.
    No lock up problems for me yet.

13. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The only one I've managed to get this weekend due to the weather:

[​IMG]
    Smoking by [ mike thomas ], on Flickr

Off to a gig in an hour or so, so hopefully will have more tomorrow :)

Aperture chatter - Fixed
    AF performance - Seems comparable to my 5D2, although it seeks a bit in low light.
    MF performance- Errr, could be better, but it's workable once you figure it out.
    Locking up - Not had any problems with this.

Phiggys likes this.
  14. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Received mine today and delighted with it out of the box but did notice the chattering lens, firmware upgrade to lens and body fixed this!

15. seltechpc

seltechpc

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have just joined the ranks of you guys having purchased the XP1 last week. I first saw it in the camera shop in Jersey along with the smaller X100. I had decided when I returned home I would buy the X100. Discussing the purchase with my wife she suggested going for the XP1 now as I would only be buying the XP1 later; who am I to argue!

I bought the 18mm and 35mm lenses plus the small flash for the XP1. I am extremely pleased with the results so far, I have always hated the OVF's of the modern compact and the whole camera seems very Leica-esque in handling.

It seems to be collecting something of a cult following also along with its smaller siblings.

16. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Paul, how do you find the 18mm v the 35mm lens? I'm considering adding it to my kit

17. seltechpc

seltechpc

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi Chris, most of my work is landscape and W/A work in industrial sites. I knew the 18mm would be my most used focal length. It has not disappointed me and I am hard pressed to notice much difference in the two lenses. I know the 35mm is supposed to be the better of the two across the area but the 18mm is pretty damn good. I really do not think you will be disappointed with it Chris.

I am only shootng JPEG's at the moment until Adobe get the RAW file de-mosaicing sorted out, I have also written to DXO asking them to include it on the list. I have to say the JPEG's OOC are pretty impressive. It is so much fun to use and it has brought back some of the old magic of taking photos for me:D

18. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Paul, sounds like a good investment then, I'll probably shoot with my 35mm for a bit first and see what I think but I don't have a need for the 60mm so the 18 is the natural one for me to add.

Does anyone know if Fuji have published a lens roadmap?

19. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I don't know about a road map per se but I've read rumours of Fuji developing a couple of zooms - can't remember the lengths though.

20. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've heard chat of a 14mm coming this year and a 23mm next year but can't find anything official.

21. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
  22. crazyp

crazyp

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I love my X100 and would LOVE to pick up the X Pro 1, but I have to say, I think I would just confuse myself in picking which lens to use? Anyone having that problem?

23. seltechpc

seltechpc

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Here is a link to Fuji's road map for future lenses.

http://www.fujixseries.com/discussio...p-2012-2013/p1

It looks a nice line up. It will be interesting to see the quality of these lenses, if it is similar to the first three it would be great.

24. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well first impressions and I'm delighted with the X-Pro and 35mm, handling is excellent and I'm finding nothing to complain about at all, focusing seems very accurate if not rapid, but its certainly quicker than my Olympus EP2 or X100.

25. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    Phiggys likes this.
  26. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Nice shots Chris.

Does anyone know if there are Lightroom presets or similar available that recreate the Fuji film styles? Ideally I'd like free ones... But I find LR4 changes my RAW files back to their undeveloped state after I import them.

Also, which size screen covers is everyone going for?

27. woof woof

woof woof

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I called into my local Jessops today, still no stock or demo model to try.

28. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I had similar problems at Jacobs also. I ended up buying from Calumet.

29. woof woof

woof woof

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I often have to take a leap of faith and buy on line but the increased cost of this system and the reported "issues," be they real or not, make me want to try before I buy.

30. Ceebs

Ceebs

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I bought GGS 3 inch screen protector from amazon. Cost less than £4 and fits perfectly

31. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thank you very much. I'll get hold of one.

32. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Mike

33. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Not had time to do any more than play with a 2nd hand X-Pro 1 I picked up. But...

1. 35mm seems to be a staggeringly good lens. Just beautiful. There's also a very cool Fuji adapter that will let you use Leica M fit. I have a cheap adapter ATM but the Fuji one is on order.

2. Lots of people are reporting very nice results using the Canon version of VSCO Film presets in Lightroom. I have them but haven't had time to explore yet.

3. The jpegs out of this camera are amazing. Not sure I'll bother with raw for a while.

34. Mike_T

Mike_T

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'll have to give these a look - Thanks!

I agree with the jpeg comment though, the results seem far better than what I can achieve in LR4 so far!

35. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I came across a Velvia preset for Lightroom if I can find it again!

Really tempted by the 60mm rather than 18mm........

36. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  37. Ceebs

Ceebs

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The 60mm is a great portrait lens Chris. Like the photos you posted by the way :)

38. Ceebs

Ceebs

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
  39. Laudrup

Laudrup

Edit My Images:
    No
    Anyone using the Xpro with top Leica or Zeiss glass via the adapter?

40. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have a recently purchased Summarit 50 but so far only a cheap adaptor (Fuji one backordered). Plus I've been editing every day since I got it :(