The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Mine above were taken yesterday. As we're the Egypt ones where is was 40+ degrees but I agree that the screen is far from ideal in bright sunlight

Mine above were taken yesterday. As we're the Egypt ones where is was 40+ degrees but I agree that the screen is far from ideal in bright sunlight
That's great managing to get a photo like that, plus under such bright conditions.

Thing is, is the screen any better on anything else? My D7000 is pretty hard to see sometimes in bright sunshine. Don't forget the screen brightness can be turned up on the XF which may help?

Did try the screen bright up option, but this fools you with the exposure, as the screen is brighter than the actual exposure setting.

A couple of shots taken with the XF-1 today - the first shot I struggled to get correct in Lightroom as it seemed massively over exposed - yet the second shot with the same settings (Aperture Priority, auto iso400) was spot on... was this purely to do with the direction light was coming from in the first shot?

Middlesbrough Accordion Player by XFile2708, on Flickr

Middlesbrough Busker by XFile2708, on Flickr

It looked ok on the preview but when I took the shot the taken shot looked overexposed on the screen - I thought having it set to AP and auto400 it should be pretty much good to go anytime...?

The preview is a camera jpeg, that exif data could give a starting point for processing the RAW.
Try taking Raw and fine/ large jpegs simultaneously. The jpegs take up very little space on the memory card and they are extremely good.

Rhodese.

Don't go out in the sun? :D

Or buy the RX100 mIII when it comes out? ;)
I tend not to use the XF1 in bright light as I really do struggle composing something that can't be seen on the screen. I do tend to dig out my trusty old D80 on sunny days, it's lovely to use an optical viewfinder again, even if it's just for a little while. I do like the XF1 for indoor stuff, as the wide angle and wide aperture is pretty handy indeed.

Two good shots Marcus. Actually prefer the first one.

The reason it's over exposed is because the maximum shutter at f1.8 is 1/1000 which is what the camera has set. I too had this issue and Damian put me right. Just back the aperture off to f5+ and you'll be fine. In this instance though I actually quite like the high key nature of the shot and one of your best to date imo.

Two good shots Marcus. Actually prefer the first one.

The reason it's over exposed is because the maximum shutter at f1.8 is 1/1000 which is what the camera has set. I too had this issue and Damian put me right. Just back the aperture off to f5+ and you'll be fine. In this instance though I actually quite like the high key nature of the shot and one of your best to date imo.

Thanks for that matey - I guess I could pass it off as a creative effect :D

Indeed, same as Sony. I guess DR / Panamoz will be a bit cheaper than expansys ?

Yes, I've seen it..well, I've seen the ad - no pictures, no link to original for sale thread.

My eldest - tried clobbering me with the water bottle as he went shy

sup
by damianmkv, on Flickr

Should've put him out here

lights
by damianmkv, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi all I need to send my XF1 back as getting focus error coming up a lot when I switch on

I tried to e-mail them at fujitec@fuji.co.uk but just bouncing back

Can anyone help me out here, I don't really want to call the Premium 0844 number

Thanks
H

Hi Helen,

Is you camera out of warranty? If it is you need to register via http://camerarepair.fujifilm.co.uk/

If however it is in warranty take it back to where you bought it from and get them to send it back for repair. When I contacted Fuji with the Lens Contol error on my XF1, it took them a week to just come back and asked me to log it under the link above.

As mine was from Currys I took it back to them and they sent it off, took 2 weeks to get it back.

Hi Helen,

Is you camera out of warranty? If it is you need to register via http://camerarepair.fujifilm.co.uk/

If however it is in warranty take it back to where you bought it from and get them to send it back for repair. When I contacted Fuji with the Lens Contol error on my XF1, it took them a week to just come back and asked me to log it under the link above.

As mine was from Currys I took it back to them and they sent it off, took 2 weeks to get it back.

It's in warranty and it's registered I'll take it to Curry's see what happens

Thanks
H

Take your receipt with you.

Back