The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

some recent from my recently acquired Fuji X10 (tricky little bugger to get best out of)

7867095320_4e71c7e783_b.jpg

7867043540_ac660781b9_b.jpg

7866875022_3138fd387c_b.jpg

7866889466_af0bcdd978_b.jpg

7899053310_034d9cf91d_b.jpg

Thanks a lot, ive shot a lot of stuff in RAW that I cant process till I get home so looking forward to seeing the results I get from them too!

Yeh I thought I'd seen some stuff about people using flashes just wanted to check, Ive got some Nongnuo flash triggers that work with it as well... Will hopefully post some more when I get the chance, theres a couple more on my flickr page... http://www.flickr.com/photos/42103000@N03/sets/72157631333087246/

tricky little bugger to get best out of

As Ed says you seem to have taken control of the little bugger but I am intrigued as to why you make that comment :thinking:

Wow - they are all good - but picture 3 on the beach. ****in cracker!!!

Did you have the cam on manual for that shot? If so I'm guessing you also manual focused. What f setting did you use to get that depth of field effect?

Last edited:
Help ASAP please! I'm stood in jessops, they have one and the serial starts with a 23, is it good to buy (no sensor issue)?????

LLcoolDave said:
Help ASAP please! I'm stood in jessops, they have one and the serial starts with a 23, is it good to buy (no sensor issue)?????

Yep. Should be a good un !

Nice one, thanks for the fast reply, appriciate it, will post up some photos when I get going..

@daydreamer - thanks, I just mean for me it's a little hit and miss with the settings - it is deceptively complex!

@souldeep - thanks, I like that shot too! I can't remember, I'll take a look at the EXIF data!

automatic in Landscape mode!

thanks!

Last edited:
All three are good but the sunset pano is wonderful!
Really makes me wish I was there...

Early on in this thread Ed Bray experimented with putting his big Metz on the X10 and got good results, even if the combo did look ridiculous.
Also, Spiritflier has posted some amazing portraiture using studio flash.
I haven't heard anything to indicate there could be problem, it seems to be a 'real' flash hotshoe and not something specifically for Fuji kit.
However, I do know people have posted that they stuggled with the camera settings as the external flash has additional menu controls....

Got my flash on in the festival just now so will see how the shots came out when i get a chance in the next couple of days, lots of experimenting to be done!

Just been trying to get the hang of my x10 over the last couple of months. Have to say it's an absolute pleasure to use....here's a handful from the last week, nothing spectacular - but I love the super macro feature, so easy to use, very satisfying results...

Bee's Knees by dougmmackay, on Flickr

Black & white fieldscape to suit the tone of the Scottish summer so far.....

Late Summer - Auldhouse by dougmmackay, on Flickr

Colour reproduction on velvia film setting can be a bit "punchy"....!!

Shocking Pink by dougmmackay, on Flickr

any C&C most welcome.....

Just had my brother (Trevor) visit with his X10 for me to have a play..

Now I need (want) one too (y)

Nice to see lots of photos taken with the camera the last couple of pages! Seems a lot of people are getting good stuff out of them! To continue this theme heres a couple more from my Vietnam travels

7905716574_ac0bd4bc74_c.jpg

The Crazy House in Dalat, this place really is the most insane hotel I have ever seen! Not sure I'd fancy staying in it though as its more a tourist attraction.

7905721140_3f56c5f3b7_c.jpg

Full Moon at dinner, held on the wonk on a table.

7905736298_971e578a8d_c.jpg

One of my favs from the camera so far!

last one for now, using my sigma flashgun on top, yes it looked ridiculous.
7905731646_31e6d76dce_c.jpg

Hope you all like them!

happygolucky said:
Just had my brother (Trevor) visit with his X10 for me to have a play..

Now I need (want) one too (y)

Ah !! The dreaded NEED/WANT curse....keep saving Bro..

I have had the fuji x10 for a few weeks now and my wife has been using it for a bit but i have purchase her a fuji bridge camera to stop her putting jam over the lens every time she uses it :) Anyway went out and about about an hour ago and here are a couple of images taken on exr dynamic range Priority.

DSCF1043 by jones_adrian1, on Flickr

DSCF1047 by jones_adrian1, on Flickr

Thanks all! Sums up vietnam quite well too, although thats an empty moped compared to some I've seen!

Hi all,
After a long time lurking I've finally signed up for the forum and I'm hoping to pick up an X10 this week.
Just one question, do all the new versions have the new sensor? or do I have to check out the serial number first?
Sorry if this has been answered many times before but I can't seen to find it after a few scans of this thread.

I should think all new stock would have the new sensor in, look for serial numbers beginning 22 or 23, they will have the new sensor / firmware installed.
Allan

You can see the serial number on the side of a sealed box.

I should think all new stock would have the new sensor in, look for serial numbers beginning 22 or 23, they will have the new sensor / firmware installed.
Allan

Thanks, probably best to buy it off the High Street then rather than online so I can check the serial numbers out.

Here's some taken with my X10 yesterday in Liverpool. The Flickr link will take you to the full set.

Got to say that the X10 has made me think more about the photo I'm taking than the pixel peeping quality and it's made me enjoy photography more.

Here's the link to the full set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/phall82/sets/72157631367799940/

Liverpool 1 by Phall82, on Flickr

Liverpool 7 by Phall82, on Flickr

Liverpool 12 by Phall82, on Flickr

Liverpool 16 by Phall82, on Flickr

Liverpool 30 by Phall82, on Flickr

Liverpool 35 by Phall82, on Flickr

Excellent images, love #7.

I've been out with mine today. I have to say that after having a week with it, it really is an amazing piece if equipment.

I have taken my DSLR in for repair and honestly I wouldn't mind if it took a month top get back to me since the x10 is great.

Still tempted by one of these and the price really is making it hard to say no. Do you guys have any portrait stuff at say ISO 800 in indoor light, sorry to be so specific!

allanm said:
Good man, I see he has started on the beer already!

Allan

When in Hebden Bridge, do as the locals do.... And it's my nephew so I don't have to deal with the hangover! :)

Thanks for the comments on the photos btw.

On a slight side note, Liverpool is a fantastic place to spend a weekend. The money they've spent on 'Liverpool One' has really brought it into the 21st century. Just proves wrong the old saying about polishing a turd :)

Cool shots. Now I just HAVE to have one :D

My old 20D will be made redundant very soon me thinks...

I've noticed shooting my son at night is quite hard. High fps and best image frame capture doesn't get his slight movement.

Whats the point of best image frame capture?

Back