The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

TBH no mate...been toying with selling for funds towards a sigma dp1 or dp2 merrill but may just keep it as its a cracking little camera.

Sad to say I have actually decided to part with mine(if price is met) just cant see it getting the use it deserves since getting the sigma and shame for it to be sat there considering what its capable of.

Sad to say I have actually decided to part with mine(if price is met) just cant see it getting the use it deserves since getting the sigma and shame for it to be sat there considering what its capable of.

Exactly what has happened to me and the X20, with the XPro1 and the DP3 I cannot see it being used.. Shame as you say for what they can do it IMO breaks boundaries

I must say, whoever does the ui on these cameras could do with a smack! The in camera raw conversion is brilliant but utterly impractical for use on more than a few images...! Wish adobe would improve their support for the x-f1 and x10 sensors.

What issues are you having with this ?

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

Please can I have suggestions as to a cheap case to get for the xf1 which does not add bulk to the camera, do not want to get the original fuji one.

Thank you

Kev

Please can I have suggestions as to a cheap case to get for the xf1 which does not add bulk to the camera, do not want to get the original fuji one.

Thank you

Kev
Hi Kev the napoli 30 fits perfect thats what I had yours in.Only £5-6 on amazon,nice soft leather

Sorry to hear that Stu, was looking forward to seeing what you could do with it. Your pics from the sigma do look great though.
Thanks David I really was going to keep it as I couldnt really fault the camera,I may even regret it tbh but had to get the dp2.I am so fickle lol

Sorry to hear that Stu, was looking forward to seeing what you could do with it. Your pics from the sigma do look great though.
Thanks David I really was going to keep it as I couldnt really fault the camera,I may even regret it tbh but had to get the dp2.I am so fickle lol

Hi Kev the napoli 30 fits perfect thats what I had yours in.Only £5-6 on amazon,nice soft leather

Thank you will check it out.

Hi

Sorry another question, any suggestions of good third party batteries for the xf1.

Thank you

Hi

Sorry another question, any suggestions of good third party batteries for the xf1.

Thank you

Bump, please any suggestions... :(

Sep9001,
I believe the xf1 uses the same battery as the X10. (NP-50) If that is the case, I have had good luck with all the 3rd party batteries I have tried. I especially like the following however: Wasabi and STK brands, both available on Amazon. (at least Amazon USA) The construction and fit seems better with these and of course they last longer than the original Fuji battery. They both use Japanese cells for quality and excellent customer service through their distributors. Hope this helps.

Thank you, have ordered one from Amazon. Will update once tested.

The XF-1 comes with an NP-50 battery rather than the X-10 and X-20's NP-50. Both seem to be the same rating (1000 mAh) and both fit both (all 3!) cameras.

The XF-1 comes with an NP-50 battery rather than the X-10 and X-20's NP-50. Both seem to be the same rating (1000 mAh) and both fit both (all 3!) cameras.

Thanks.

Just treated myself to a XF1 and wondered about a screen protector so I can keep it as new. What are people recommendations please?
I have looked on amazon and there seems to be a bewildering amount to choose from.

Hi, I bought a pack of two iPad screen protectors from the pound shop and cut out various sizes to fit several cameras. Works perfect with a little time and effort.

My wife also bought a small zip pouch complete with belt/key type hook from the same shop for her X-F1.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I bought a pack of two iPad screen protectors from the pound shop and cut out various sizes to fit several cameras. Works perfect with a little time and effort.

My wife also bought a small zip pouch complete with belt/key type hook from the same shop for her X-F1.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Hope this helps.

This. Great way of doing it and it works a treat.

Nice shot. I have been having a play with my one but cannot get any good shoots. Got loads to learn but must say it is a good camera.

Keep practicing mate, it takes a little bit of getting used to. When I go back to it from my D7000 it's like it's alien. Lol.

Thanks, the weather has been so bad that don't get a chance to go out to use it. Will keep at it.

On the old X10 thread, I discovered that one or two, including "Ed Sutton" (Dave) were anglers like me, and seemed to appreciate anything with a river or lake in it.
For those of us who look forward to our winter fishing on the Somerset Levels, you can imagine that it's been a pretty lean time; in desperation, I was out last week prospecting the banks of one or two rivers there in the hope of getting at least one session in before the end of the coarse fishing season.

I was surprised to find the R. Brue near Glastonbury in good fettle, and started taking photos to e-mail to my angling pal with a view to a spot of mutual weekend sport. There's nothing significant about this first shot taken as the sun went down (I've posted similar before), unless you look closely, particularly towards the top right of the shot:

DSCF6247
by wylyeangler, on Flickr

I should have known: it was the 'witching hour', and all around I could hear the usual sort of demented twittering that precedes the event I and others have witnessed many times at this location. Then it started:

DSCF6268

Although a common sight here, nothing prepared me for the sheer scale of what I saw on Thursday last. Several flocks of starlings got airborne simultaneously and amalgamated into one huge 'cloud' that swept over me at about 15 to 25 feet - how I was not 'anointed' is amazing. I easily got off 3 sets of bracketed exposures during what amounted to an 'eclipse' - more than 15 seconds (I've timed it since). How many thousands of birds must be involved, I can't even guess at:

DSCF6271

As usual, the whole 'performance', from beginning to end, was over in minutes. I'm glad I had the trusty old X10 to hand.
Pete

Nice one Pete, the cow done a runner then, maybe it had enough white spots.;)

Rhodese.

Nice one Pete, the cow done a runner then, maybe it had enough white spots.;)

Rhodese.

Many thanks Rhodese
I too was lucky to escape without being whitewashed - not a spot!

Five minutes later, and shooting downstream from the same spot, these (very inquisitive) cattle seemed unfazed. For reasons I'd better not go into, last year the brown steer on the right got my lovely light carbon fibre landing net caught up in his horns, and had me chasing all over the field to recover it. Needless to say, the frame was much in need of repair, and the mesh ruined!

DSCF6276-2

Pete

Last edited:
Thank you, really like the colour that come out of the camera.

Really good pics on here. Have just got a x20 will have a play and post some up

Back