The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

A bit of goooooooogling has told me that the X30 is supposed to be coming the 3rd of July and will feature a 1" sensor amongst other 'core upgrades'... and it will be cheaper than the Sony.

Hmmm... looks like I'm holding out for a little longer.

:naughty::runaway:

A few more from me.

On Saturday we went to a wedding. The XF1 fitted in my handbag better than the DSLR so it got another outing. It did struggle a bit with low light. In this picture it was a choice between a wide aperture and narrower depth of field or getting quite a lot of graininess for more depth of field. I think this was the one that worked best
Love Hearts by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
This was me playing around with macro again, on something other than flowers
Just married by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

Then on Monday my other half was racing grass track. I cycled down there but wasn't racing, so the XF1 was in the back pocket. I had a play round shooting into the sun so I could fit in on this thread ;) I liked the way the light was hitting this bike frame and reflecting off it

Grass Track 1 by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

All very old school stuff, but good fun
Grass roots by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

A few more from me.
It did struggle a bit with low light. In this picture it was a choice between a wide aperture and narrower depth of field or getting quite a lot of graininess for more depth of field.

You should have tried the pro lowlight mode. That would have been perfect for that situation. No graininess at all then.

Mike

from reading the HUKD site looking for bargains anything at Currys which is priced at X£ and .97 means it is on clearance.

I know - I'd have gone back and looked but it could've been anywhere in about 500m x 30m area which was waist deep in crops.

I'm a plank

Still enjoying all the photos and comments on this thread, and hoping to get an x20 soon, but might be wise to wait for the price reductions after the x30 hits town :).
I've been reading over on the dp forum about the lack of an RGB histogram on th x20.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3379159?page=2

Has anyone found this to be an issue or a restriction ? Bit new to the whole histogram use thing, but I can see the limitations without an RGB one in an ideal world though not sure how in practice this would be an issue.

Still enjoying all the photos and comments on this thread, and hoping to get an x20 soon, but might be wise to wait for the price reductions after the x30 hits town :).
I've been reading over on the dp forum about the lack of an RGB histogram on th x20.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3379159?page=2

Has anyone found this to be an issue or a restriction ? Bit new to the whole histogram use thing, but I can see the limitations without an RGB one in an ideal world though not sure how in practice this would be an issue.

histograms can never be more than a guide... in the case of most small cameras, I have never found a luminance only histogram to be a problem. But then I do not push my exposures to the extreme right.

What the article is showing here ( Clipping of a single channel) Is what colour film printers in the 1950 called colour failure. It often became obvious when shooting bright red tulips, or the like, when virtually all the detail and modelling was lost in a solid lump of colour.

It is not a new problem, but one that was there from the earliest days of colour photography.

It would be nice to have the option of a full range Histogram, but it is in no way vital.
As Fuji sensors have a different arrangement and relative number of RGB pixels, their display as a histogram might look somewhat different to the representation of the same scene on another camera.

Yep. If the rumours are true then the sensor which is twice the size of the 10/20/xf should be pretty good!

Lots of rumours of a Full Frame sensor about and has been for a while. Would make sense to try it out in an X30 or X200 as they are fixed, albeit a variable focal length in the case of the X30, if it follows suit. Still only rumours...until it's official it's not worth getting too excited about.

There were rumours that a new XPro2 would have a FF sensor, but that seems to have just been a rumour. The recent range of sensors from Fuji seem to able to give a lot of FF cameras a run for their money anyway.
As for RGB histograms, are they worth bothering with on an X20? I rarely use the normal histogram.
Allan

I picked up a used X100 on ebay last weekend as I wanted to see how much of a difference in image quality there is over my X20 and looking forward to the nice blurred backgrounds with the larger sensor.

And then I got this with the X20 and wondered if I should just sell the X100 straight away!

Reflecting by narbs3231, on Flickr

Can someone tell me how to access raw as the option seems to have disappeared. obviously I have changed something that now won't let me access raw.

Only in A, M, S or P mode then press menu scroll down to the number 2 spanner, press menu/ok and scroll down to the RAW, press menu/ok and change it to your desired option

Thanks David!

Andy, I would comment on the three landscapes but I can't take my eyes off Dexter - what a star!

Thanks David he wouldn't keep still until some people were walking towards him. Think that picture was taken in pro focus mode.

Hi, just recently purchased an XF1 and very happy with it in general but one thing I have noticed is Lens Flare when trying to take any shots of sunset/rise, I know it is not a DSLR with hood etc but it is so apparant that I am wondering if I am not choosing a correct setting or something else is working against me to cause this issue so noticeably? Thanks in advance for any info?

I get it occasionally ( I do take one or two shots of the sunset/sunrise ) such as on here, dead centre. Doesn't really bother me but I guess it depends how bad it is on yours

reeds
by damianmkv, on Flickr

So good you said it twice. Yep, I've been wanting toshoot poppy fields too but this year they seem to be few and far between around us... last year it was snided with them after the rape had done. My usual one has gone so I need to look further a (poppy!) field. ;)

Back