The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

I was half thinking to get a leather case for the little XF10, but it would not nearly be as pocketable. But there again, I think I should spend money on a spare battery instead, as battery drains pretty quickly. Or maybe the battery needs to settle down. I am sure I read somewhere, new batteries deplete pretty quickly, and they settle down after a few charges. Although, I don't remember my G7X battery running down so quick when new.

New batteries for me. I use Ex-Pros in my X series bodies and have a couple of them for the baby Xs too. Yes, new batteries do need a few cycles to "run in". I tend to keep batteries topped up rather than waiting for them to run out completely; I swap them out when they report as about 1/4 full.

New batteries for me. I use Ex-Pros in my X series bodies and have a couple of them for the baby Xs too. Yes, new batteries do need a few cycles to "run in". I tend to keep batteries topped up rather than waiting for them to run out completely; I swap them out when they report as about 1/4 full.

I had been looking at these batteries and charger, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Newmowa-Re...film+np95&qid=1610519168&s=electronics&sr=1-6

The XF10 is charging via camera and that is not ideal. If I did have a spare battery, camera is out of action while charging.

Does anybody think this is a good buy or not? Two NP95 batteries and charger £18.99 free delivery.

One battery is £15 plus £2.99 delivery on WEX.

Last edited:
Reviews seem ok. I’ve had plenty of third party batteries without issue

Can you put up some snaps taken with this please Jon?

I have taken some lovely photos of the missus, and they come out really nice using a combination of Classic Chrome and Pro Neg standard. It is raining today, so not been out with it today. The first days with the camera were just trying out the different film simulations, so I deleted all of the test shots.

DSCF0335.JPG

@Al1944 this is just a quick snap at the smallest jpeg settings, to upload to here. The fuller resolution is so much better. This was a quick snap with poor lighting at ISO 200 with the Classic Chrome setting. Smallest Jpeg size SOOC.

I have just borrowed an X-E3 with the kit lens from a friend, I normally shoot with my Sony a7iii but fancied something a bit smaller for street and travel photography. I haven't had chance to take it out yet or play with it, what is the general census on this camera?

On the XF10 the fn1 button is assigned to Auto Image Tagging. Been right through the manual, and I can't see anywhere were it says how to use this function. Tag what, your own key words?

EDIT>

done a search on net.

AUTO IMAGE TAGGINGON: Mark JPEG images for upload as they are taken.
OFF: Photos are not marked for upload as they are taken.

Last edited:
Well, just been setting up the XF10. Lens ring to ISO fn1 to snapshot mode and fn2 to flash, quick touch tap to film sims.
With not many people with the XF10, I wonder if I will be talking to myself on here. lol

Last edited:
2 Battery.jpg

Just been delivered the two batteries that I ordered yesterday. All seems OK, go in the camera perfectly with no issues. Can now also do charging off camera, and plenty of shooting time now available with the spares. :)

Looking forward to the photos. I read some reviews, some good, some not so much but sometimes this makes for part of the fun

Looking forward to the photos. I read some reviews, some good, some not so much but sometimes this makes for part of the fun

It is just so small and thin, probably the smallest and lightest camera I have owned. Really nice images, still finding its quirks. I am enjoying it so far.

DSCF0504.jpg

Been out with the little XF10 this morning, and just a quick snap to see how the (Velvia) colours look. The large size image looks so much better than what I uploaded, as I had to resize it by a great deal.

So far I am really liking the tiny little camera, it must be the smallest thinnest and lightest camera I have ever owned. It really is enjoyable to use. I know it will not be to everyone's taste, as there is no viewfinder and it can be a little slow. But using the snapshot mode and it can get get an image pretty quickly.

I find that taking at the highest quality (largest and finest) then resizing in camera to (?)640x480 gives better results than saving at 640x480 at the taking stage (in the other baby Xs).

I find that taking at the highest quality (largest and finest) then resizing in camera to (?)640x480 gives better results than saving at 640x480 at the taking stage (in the other baby Xs).

I might just give that a whirl. :)

DSF1jpg.jpg

Just snapping away and getting used to how the XF10 handles, it is not so bad once you know how it performs. Another quick jpeg snap at lowest jpeg setting, to allow uploading on forum.

Been using the Jpeg setting as I am getting a little bored of converting all the files, Silkypix is a bit of a bore to use.

All the baby Xs (and indeed their larger X series cousins) deliver great JPEGs SOOC.

Just a little update, if anyone is interested...

I have had the Fuji XF10 for one week now, and I have been using it every day. I have been using it both outdoors and indoors, and it is performing pretty well. I thought the fixed focal length might be a problem for me, but no it's not. I am actually taking a hell of a lot more photos with it, than I do with my other cameras on the same sort of walk. I am also getting a lot more photos that I keep.

The film simulation colours, Classic Chrome and Pro Neg standard are my favourites, as they do look pretty good. Battery does not last long though, but having bought an extra two batteries, I think three batteries will see me through a days shooting and videoing.

So all in all, I am pretty happy with it, and I can see it being my main camera of choice. Also, being so light and very slim, I don't notice I have it in my pocket. :)

DSCF1282.jpga.jpg

Another quick snap...

It seems that there is no love for the Fuji XF10 here, other than me...

So I will finish off with a morning's video with the XF10. I have read that the XF10 is not very good for doing videos. I did struggle with video when I first got it, but I have now set it to manual focus and simply use the distance scale on the LCD screen. In manual focus mode, it is actually very good.

EDIT...
nx4737

A little of my thoughts on the XF10 and some photos, see above. The camera is not for everyone, it has it's faults it is a little fiddley and focus is not the best, and lack of buttons is a pain. But I knew all this before I bought it, so i am happy with mine. I only got it for it's very small form factor.

I can actually take photos of people while standing in a queue, as the lens does not stick out, so I don't get noticed.

Last edited:
Is there any point reviving this thread? ;)

Most people with Xxx cameras migrated to the main Fugi X thread ages ago.
I still use my XT30 as a carry about camera, but have not used my X10 or X20 in ages.

BIG difference between the baby X compact range and the X interchangeable range IMO.

Again, IMO, the threads should be for discussions of the kit rather than sharing photos taken with it.

BIG difference between the baby X compact range and the X interchangeable range IMO.

Again, IMO, the threads should be for discussions of the kit rather than sharing photos taken with it.

But the XF10 is not a small sensor compact, it shares the same dimensions of the much bigger sensor cameras.

Back