The Official I'd rather watch paint dry for the next 4 weeks thread

Enjoying Le Mans, rules have been changed regarding maximum number of laps cars can do before a refuel, driver change isn't necessary so lots of battles going on, seen most of the racing so far apart from about 4hrs between 12:30 and 4:30 but when I woke up the sky box sound has ceased, so I have silent Eurosport footage on TV, Ford live feed from their 4 cars and garage with Le Mans Radio commentary on my phone.

Sign me up to this group ,I will only watch if England make the final ,so it’s footy free t.v for me
Duly signed (y)
But I may have to revoke your membership if England do make it though :D

Enjoying Le Mans, .
If I wanted to watch cars go round and round in circles, I'd get the scalextrics out the loft :p

Now here is something that we can all get behind (y)

35476212_1879607345665037_120720707372974080_n.jpg

Enjoying Le Mans, .......

Seriously .... ??? Went one year and it was even more tedious than football ...... yes, I was amazed that such a thing could be possible. But at least we were in France, so decent food and wine to enjoy.

Seriously .... ??? Went one year and it was even more tedious than football ...... yes, I was amazed that such a thing could be possible. But at least we were in France, so decent food and wine to enjoy.
Yes seriously. Other than the two Toyotas charging off, unless cars crashed or broke and rejoined laps down, the rule changes on the maximum number of laps a car was allowed before refuelling meant the whole thing was made up of loads of sprint races between the respective cars in each class, it then kept the cars close and plenty of overtaking for position.

Yes seriously. Other than the two Toyotas charging off, unless cars crashed or broke and rejoined laps down, the rule changes on the maximum number of laps a car was allowed before refuelling meant the whole thing was made up of loads of sprint races between the respective cars in each class, it then kept the cars close and plenty of overtaking for position.

Well, each to their own. But getting back to the footy ..... am I right in thinking England have a match today?

Well, each to their own. But getting back to the footy ..... am I right in thinking England have a match today?
You need the other thread for that. This thread is for anything else but that.

sat here watching two snails racing across the patio seems a good choice today

You need the other thread for that. This thread is for anything else but that.

lol ... was just thinking about all the more fun things I can be doing while my OH is enthralled by the footy and tied to the TV for a while ..... starting the think there are some benefits to all this football madness after ... :):)

Guys (and gals) watching paint dry is sooo boring - I'm watching my newly turfed lawn grow and turn into a little haven of green beauty - and if the grandkids dare to kick a football on it I'll throttle the little darlings :)

You should all try Gumball instead of paint, it's brilliant, wasted on children. :LOL:

I have zero interest in football (among other sports). However, if folk want to get excited/obsessed with it then I am not too bothered as long as then don't bother me. However, what completely bamboozles me is why so many of them seem to think that everyone shares their enthusiasm. I have encountered total strangers on my wanderings and within 5 seconds of pleasantly passing the time of day they launch into a diatribe that involves a dissection of every roll of the ball during some hellish awful 90 minutes.

As I understand it, It'll all be over by Sunday, one way or another ...
I don't often like Sunday's but I'll make an exception this week :D

So how many of you will watch the final, should we end up there???

Not me.
I don't watch England matches so why would I watch 2 foreign teams in the final? :D

Or me, who wants to watch 22 millionaires running around (or should that be rolling around in agony) in their night attire for a couple of hours?

Sound like the ideal time to go food shopping TBH (y)
( and that is only marginally better than watching football :D )

So what's the penalty (pun not intended) for saying the word 'Football' in this thread? :exit:

So what's the penalty (pun not intended) for saying the word 'Football' in this thread? :exit:
Hmmm let me think about that for a minute :thinking:

Opera-Snapshot_2018-07-09_193705_www.talkphotography.co.jpg

:p

:cobra::cobra::naughty:

That's because I'm not as speshal as Chris

I shall have a word with the Guv'nor, you've been a moderator here for more than 10 years, it's just not on :D

Almost, just coming up on 9 years. ;)

Hmm I thought you were one when I joined in 2008 but then I can hardly remember what I had for dinner yesterday let alone events from years ago :runaway:

Hmm I thought you were one when I joined in 2008 but then I can hardly remember what I had for dinner yesterday let alone events from years ago :runaway:

August 2009, shortly before the TP Convention in York.

Not too long after you left another photography forum...

Not too long after you left another photography forum...

About a year give or take if memory serves. I actually joined here first but it was a lot quieter back then.

So how many of you will watch the final, should we end up there???
I don't plan on watching it, but we are going to see 2 Cellos at Audley End on Sunday and they are showing the final on the stage screen beforehand. :( I plan on having my eyes shut.

Back