The official self portrait thread for everyone

Made with my poor mans fish eye :)
IMGP6721.jpg

Ahh go on then..will add my ugly mug.:D

Not sure why I pull a stupid face everytime a camera is pointed in my direction? :shrug:

6856236947_1de0feb6a7_b.jpg

My newest one, Mullered the exposure on the film so the scanner picked up every piece of dust thinking it was the photo

Self Portrait by Rob Hooley, on Flickr

I have nothing recent or decent.
This was taken a couple of years ago while having a bit of a break while shooting some stilt walkers.

IMG_0611.jpg

Some great shots in here. Robhooley167 nice shot. Oh well heres mine for what it's worth,

me by paul139, on Flickr

Golend Turd Collection full size by Marcus Charter, on Flickr

Each individual shot had a 580EXII in a brollybox as key with a 430Ex in a brolly as fill. Canon 5D 24-70 F2.8L. Camera on tripod and fired using self timer. Strobes fired using RF602 radio triggers. Compiled using photoshop.

In our paintball team on each tourney day we have a summary of the day to see who has made the most 'silly' mistakes and after a vote the winner gets the Golden Turd. I shot my teammate in the back of the head on the break and pretty much nailed it with that. You have to post up an inventive photo of you holding the turd, otherwise by default you get it at the next round. Here is my offering. :bonk:

This made me lol so much!!!

I'm a paintball marshall myself and have played a fair few times... needless to say i have never shot my mate in the back of the head during the break!!

I didn't take this one but i like it non the less. I will have to work on getting one fo me that i have taken!

6912541613_97e03ba0c1.jpg

Jekyll and Hyde

cheers
geof[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
ariel said:
This made me lol so much!!!

I'm a paintball marshall myself and have played a fair few times... needless to say i have never shot my mate in the back of the head during the break!!

You practice practice practice but when you think you're on breakout 'A' and actually on breakout 'C', it all turns to bantha poodoo. Glad you like!

Love this so much, I've always admired self portraiture, I wish I could have a decent go at it but I guess I'm just better behind the camera.

Last edited:
Another quick one from me due to trying out a new lighting setup and editing process (and showing off a gormless smile). No idea why it hit the sync barrier at 1/200, that's new, I might have to have a look at my triggers.

. by TomBroadbent, on Flickr

G1 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

taken in 1948 in new jersey usa..at my first school

can you spot my deliberate mistake?

cheers
geof

Mr Crow great picture but focus point is not on the eyes?

Took this a while ago but decided to revisit with new found processing knowledge. No amount of PP will change the fact that I look fugly in photo's...

It's a selfie by Marcus Charter, on Flickr

Last edited:
gone...

Last edited:

once upon a time there was a toad...and a princess kissed him...and he got uglier

geesakizz

:D

I only have this super annoying "I'm drunk" self portraits with friends..... fortunately not pouting in any of them :D

as i live and breathe...;)

this is one of mine, and first attempt to multiple personalities ehhhmmmm exposures

Multistressed.jpg

Back