The Official TP Funnies thread ( Jokes Memes etc )

How English is that?

True story (similar but not as dramatic, but true): I recently went to the funeral of a guy I used to work with. I was surprised to see that the order of service named him as Jonathan [Surname], because I'd known him for nearly 30 years as William [Surname]. Fortunately his brother explained it in his eulogy. Apparently my friend was christened William Jonathan [Surname], but it was a bonkers family tradition that they used the middle name, so he was universally known as Jonathan. However, when he went to university, he went to one of those olde worlde Oxford colleges where they paint your name on your room door, and the painter didn't get the memo about the middle name, so he painted William [Surname]. And my friend, being very English, didn't want to make a fuss about it. So he became William. Everybody who had known him prior to university called him Jonathan, and everyone who first met him at university or later called him William. (But he didn't move to Poland.)

A similar thing in our family. Our son's first and middle names are James Ben and has always been called Ben by me, Mrs T and his sister.
This continued through school but at Uni he was known as James and his partner calls him James. When I telephone him and partner and she answers, we have a chat and when I ask if Ben is available, she will call him by saying, "James, its your Dad".

Dave

When I was young most of my family knew me as “ that f*****g little b*****d “

After their 5th failed attempt at life saving using CPR, the first aider was sent back to retrain. When the instructor demonstrated the old "Stayin' Alive" method, the first aider face-palmed and said "THAT'S where I've been going wrong - I've been using 'Ba da dum, dum, dum; Another one bites the dust'"...

Weight watchers.jpg

FB_IMG_1555016130457~2.jpeg

Men.jpg

Stolen to send to Mrs Nod!

Back