The Official TP Funnies thread ( Jokes Memes etc )

I went to a pub yesterday evening and ordered a pint. As the landlord put my drink down, I asked him for the wifi code because I needed to check a message.

"Oh no" he said, "No wifi in here, people used to sit talking in pubs, about their day, their families, work, politics, music, the lot.
Now people just stare at their phones and it breaks my heart to see. Therefore, no wifi in this pub."

"You know what?" I replied, "You're right" and I put my phone away.

"Thank you", the landlord said "In this pub I want you to act as you would thirty years ago".

So I lit a cigarette & gave him 50p for the pint.

Last edited:
I went to a pub yesterday evening and ordered a pint. As the landlord put my drink down, I asked him for the wifi code because I needed to check a message.

"Oh no" he said, "No wifi in here, people used to sit talking in pubs, about their day, their families, work, politics, music, the lot.
Now people just stare at their phones and it breaks my heart to see. Therefore, no wifi in this pub."

"You know what?" I replied, "You're right" and I put my phone away.

"Thank you", the landlord said "In this pub I want you to act as you would thirty years ago".

So I lit a cigarette & gave him 50p for the pint.
Even 30 years ago beer was over £1 a pint.... and before you say anything, yes, I know, it was a joke!

I mean, over a pound a pint in 1990!

;)

@Mr Badger I was at University then - there was outrage when Guinness hit £1.01/pint - lager & bitter remained below £1 until I graduated in 1992

So maybe in your fancy world it was more than £1 - but in mine it was easily possible to find decent beer in a pub (which may not have been decent, but hey student) for 80p back then

Let me fix that for you:

@Mr Badger I was at University then - there was outrage when Guinness hit £1.01/pint - lager & bitter remained below £1 until I graduated in 1992

So maybe in your fancy world if you'd left school at 15 and had worked hard for several years in the real world it was more than £1 - but in mine it was easily possible to find decent beer in a pub (which may not have been decent, but hey student) for 80p back then
(y)

Last edited:
3 Mustalids sitting in a bar,
The barman asks what are you guys drinking?
The Mink says I'll have a Black Russian, its goes with my coat colour and the colour of my heart.
The Badger says, as I'm black and white, its Guinness for me.

And what about the little fella at end of the bar?.

POP goes the Weasel.

:coat:

Back