The Panasonic LX100 LX100 II Thread

Fuji Dave

I'm in Clover
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Today I came back from seeing my Mum and she told me that as I have two cameras boxed up never used to bring back with me, as last year sometime I got my self the Panasonic LX100 II and then totally forgot about it. Today it is now here with me so I thought I would set up a thread in the hope that I am not the only one who has one of these. It is now charging so photo's will start coming in, so please join in.

I have had both in the past. Very enjoyable to use. I am surprised there wasn't a thread for these already.
Might post some old pictures later.

I am interested in one of these
Can you tell me what the low light photos are like?
I have invested in a GX9 for bird photography and want a compact camera to accompany it.
I used to shoot just Fuji X100V

I have invested in a GX9 for bird photography and want a compact camera to accompany it.

Personally I didn't find the low light to be much better than 1" sensor cameras. Most likely because there is small crop on the m43 sensor to be able to do multi-aspect ratio shooting.

The lens and body are much nicer to use. I switched from RX100M3 to LX100 for this reason. The RX100 was just too fiddly for my liking and LX100 was nicer to use and was small enough. Then I upgraded to LX100ii for the new sensor and touch screen. EVF isn't great, actually the OLED EVF in RX100M3 was better but its usable.

Today was the first time I have actually used it, it had been at my Mums since last year sometime this week I want to test it inside a Church.

Do you think the original LX 100 is good in today's high meagpixel race?
Depends on what you are after and how you plan on displaying your results. I'd certainly be happy with 16mp, can print A3+ easily with it.

Depends on what you are after and how you plan on displaying your results. I'd certainly be happy with 16mp, can print A3+ easily with it.
Thanks. That's a good point. I have printed lovely results from my original Fujifilm Finepix X100 that's the same resolution.

Megapixels are highly over-rated for the average enthusiast in “normal” situations.
Very true. It's the next best thing all the time isn't it? I chased this for a while so I am guilty.
What's the dust issue like? In the UK does Panasonic offer a cleaning service for the LX100?

Very true. It's the next best thing all the time isn't it? I chased this for a while so I am guilty.
What's the dust issue like? In the UK does Panasonic offer a cleaning service for the LX100?
Well I have a 50mp body and had a 61mp body.
Guilty as charged :D

I'd suggest going for the LX100ii for this reason. Panasonic claims it's better sealed against dust unlike the original one.
I think they'll clean it under warranty but out of warranty you'll have to pay for it.

Well I have a 50mp body and had a 61mp body.
Guilty as charged :D

I'd suggest going for the LX100ii for this reason. Panasonic claims it's better sealed against dust unlike the original one.
I think they'll clean it under warranty but out of warranty you'll have to pay for it.
I found a good one on MPB not MK2 but happy to try and see how the dust is etc.
Watched a video of a chap using a hoover linked to a plastic bottle seemed to work?

My LX100 has a big dust bunny in the center of the frame so it sits unused, however, I did replace it with it's sister Leica D-Lux Typ109 which is so far dust free. They are great cameras, one of the things I love about them is the aspect ratio options that once you have selected the ratio that's what you get even the RAW is at the ratio (1:1 etc) and unchangeable. They have great macro and a very useful focal range. I didn't go for the Mk2 version because they are still not weather sealed which is I think the only drawback of them although a tilting screen would be nice. Here are 6 from this last weekend, I only took 6 shots and am happy with them all although 2 are almost dupes. They are all shot B&W high contrast and processed in LR.

001-1010259.JPG002-1010261.JPG003-1010264.JPG004-1010265.JPG006-1010267.JPG

Last edited:
Have ordered a mint copy from MPB so looking forward to posting photos on here
£300 not too bad
That’s where I got mine. I really only bought it to go into hospital in Jan 2020, to give me something to do each day between RT sessions (which is when I took those photos in the earlier post).

Last edited:
I think it might be because there is a space in between the words in the owners thread.
Ah Ok I now see what you mean.
Rectified :)

I loved my MK1. Ridiculously versatile, it could do pretty much anything, and was a great little street machine in particular.

Sadly after removing dust from the sensor for the 2nd time (successfully, mind you) using the cut down bottle method, I lost faith in it. This despite it living in a leather case the whole time. I'd have another tomorrow if they'd at least recognise the issue and try to seal it a little.

Here Comes Summer by Nick, on Flickr

Cyclist in Blue by Nick, on Flickr

Got Coffee by Nick, on Flickr

Got Coffee by Nick, on Flickr

Sky Ride by Nick, on Flickr

Back