The perils of Zooming

sphexx

Likes a dare
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Perils of Zooming. I took this screenshot this am, should have copied as video to illustrate properly. The bald bloke must be using some sort of fake background and the lettering was showing through his head as he moved :). I guess it’s something to do with specular highlight on his bald pate and probably a well known phenomenon but new to me.

E8E62E3D-1F6E-4BC9-80BC-3DFA964F1549.jpeg

False background in Zoom is problematic. The better your graphics card, the better the separation. Don’t use the green screen opinion unless you have one! Even if you have a green screen, it needs to be lit quite well and smooth. :) It’s nice being asked where you are today though...;)

I also notice that zoom tries to adjust colour balance according to the scene, so sometimes a green screen causes a magenta colour cast.

Not sure I necessarily agree about a good graphics card. Using a Laptop which has a good NVidia Graphics card, Zoom backgrounds are hopeless. So I use my iPad and all is well. Looking at a Zoom forum, it appears that Zoom have a problem with NVidia. I then connect my iPad to my 4k TV so can see the video at a larger size.

Dave

Not sure I necessarily agree about a good graphics card. Using a Laptop which has a good NVidia Graphics card, Zoom backgrounds are hopeless. So I use my iPad and all is well. Looking at a Zoom forum, it appears that Zoom have a problem with NVidia. I then connect my iPad to my 4k TV so can see the video at a larger size.

Dave

A faster processor seems to make the most difference.

Back