The Photography Show 2015

Anyone that's been before...

what's the best day to go on? I mean will going on the Mon or Tues mean less crowds?
How long do people normally spend there? Is it an all day event or are people done in half a day?
Thanks in advance.

In order of 'busyness' last year:
Monday
Sunday
Saturday
Tuesday

Looking at registration currently we think that Saturday may be busier than Sunday. If you want to avoid the crowds then Tuesday is bar far the best day to come.
Average length of visit to the 2014 show was 6.5 hours so pretty much a full day.

Hope that helps Chris.

Anyone that's been before...

what's the best day to go on? I mean will going on the Mon or Tues mean less crowds?
How long do people normally spend there? Is it an all day event or are people done in half a day?
Thanks in advance.
Last year, Saturday was the quietest IIRC. in the past (Focus), it was always the last day.

Seems I was wrong...

Just looked and it is £52.30 return Donny to Brum Int. on the Saturday, as I may be doing a similar trip (or I may be travelling up from London). Don't forget the exorbitant car parking charges at the NEC if you do drive.

Just looked and it is £52.30 return Donny to Brum Int. on the Saturday, as I may be doing a similar trip (or I may be travelling up from London). Don't forget the exorbitant car parking charges at the NEC if you do drive.
I got that when I looked too plus there is 25% off Virgin fares. http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/nec-venues/nec/
£10 to park all day at the NEC but you can park at the Birmingham International Train Station car park for cheaper I believe

For two adults from Preston....£7.50 there and £7.50 back each.
How come it so much more from Doncaster I wonder. :thinking:

Last edited:
For two adults from Preston....£7.50 there and £7.50 back each.
How come it so much more from Doncaster I wonder. :thinking:
I travel that line quite a bit and it's always full. Maybe they think they don't need to heavily discount. BTW there is a discount in that price, I think it's about £90 if you walk up.

The big discounts are on direct Virgin trains only as the deal is with the NEC promotors.

Going from Doncaster isn't direct and so the cost is high as it uses other operators.

So I can get up early and do £7.50 single from London too.

The big discounts are on direct Virgin trains only as the deal is with the NEC promotors.

Going from Doncaster isn't direct and so the cost is high as it uses other operators.

So I can get up early and do £7.50 single from London too.
So if I look on Virgin for the direct train into new st, then get a local ticket to the nec? I'll have a look.

Whilst Virgin are taking over your Doncaster - London trains in the very near future (or might have happened ?) I don't think there is a regular service with Virgin to Birmingham from Doncaster. They do run Birmingham New Street to Birmingham International for the NEC however. There might be some deals on that for the show.

Whilst Virgin are taking over your Doncaster - London trains in the very near future (or might have happened ?) I don't think there is a regular service with Virgin to Birmingham from Doncaster. They do run Birmingham New Street to Birmingham International for the NEC however. There might be some deals on that for the show.
It's cross country (used to be virgin) some terminate in Brum, some go to reading? From Edinburgh or Newcastle?
New st to Birmingham
International is pennies without a discount so not much to save. I'll be driving :(

The cheapest train fare from Chester with the Virgin NEC offer is £18, which is a lot closer than Preston (£15). For those fortunate enough to have survived 60 years or more on the planet, note that no discount is applied to the over 60s ticket when using the Show Flyer discount code, so you end up paying EXACTLY the same amount as an ordinary discounted ticket.

I'm thinking of going again this year as I have holiday to use up. Last year I saw a couple of a talks and visited a few brands for their talks but this year I'm struggling to find any information of any stand talks. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm interested in wildlife and landscapes. So far all I have is Danny Green on the Monday as an idea. I'm not really interested in the gear this time so it's the talks that really matter this time.

Anyone know the stand talk line ups forCanon and Nikon? Anyone have any ideas? I want to prepay this year but you have to pick your day when you pay.

Edit email back from the photography show says they have yet to be announced, should be sometime in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Rob,
The Nikon School programme will be up on the website next week. I'll try and remember to come back with a link.
Canon's ambassadors are appearing on the show stages (rather than on stand) and you can see them here: http://www.photographyshow.com/Content/Whats-on/5/
Cheers
Jonny

Johnny has the 'behind the lens' theatres been made bigger this year? Last year there was roughly 50 seats and more people than that wanted to get in. I've seen nikon stage talk lineups now as they are on the app.

Is there a layout available of all the stalls? Want to try to make a plan of walking around and seeing what I want to see.

Yes. Jonny sent me a pdf floor plan a while ago, although by now it may have changed.

Last edited:
See post 102 in this thread.

connersz said:
That's not entirely true. I pre-registered last time and this time only found out about the dates this time by checking the website occasionally. I also had to go through the vetting process again. It was approved, but just saying.
Hi Daryl. Can you let me know your details (email is in the post above) as it has worked well so far. Have you changed email or anything since last year?

Hi Jonny, That was some else posted the quote.

just looked today and I've had zip come through. I had registar2 staff members but the other 3 tickets no reminder nothing. so reregistered to be on safe side.

Saying that only had one e-mail ticket come through for one out of four I registered. I have all the reg Numbers written down. Only one e-mailed ticket to print off came though...

Thought i'd let you know. same address no details have changed.

Hi Stephen
Floorplan will go live on the website shortly before the show. Happy to email you one now though if it helps.
Cheers
Jonny
Hi Jonny.. Going to sign up this week. Could you email a floor plan please to us? Thanks looking forward to it.

Johnny has the 'behind the lens' theatres been made bigger this year? Last year there was roughly 50 seats and more people than that wanted to get in. I've seen nikon stage talk lineups now as they are on the app.

Hi Rob
Yes. We have made it 70 seats plus standing too.
Jonny

Hi Jonny, That was some else posted the quote.

just looked today and I've had zip come through. I had registar2 staff members but the other 3 tickets no reminder nothing. so reregistered to be on safe side.

Saying that only had one e-mail ticket come through for one out of four I registered. I have all the reg Numbers written down. Only one e-mailed ticket to print off came though...

Thought i'd let you know. same address no details have changed.

I'll take a look. Thanks Daryl.

I bought my ticket and booked onto the beginners masterclass but wondering if I should be expecting any tickets through in the post?
All i received was an email...

Hi Chris
You should have email for ticket and beginners programme? If so that is all you need.
Jonny

The cheapest train fare from Chester with the Virgin NEC offer is £18, which is a lot closer than Preston (£15). For those fortunate enough to have survived 60 years or more on the planet, note that no discount is applied to the over 60s ticket when using the Show Flyer discount code, so you end up paying EXACTLY the same amount as an ordinary discounted ticket.

We have a concession rate for over 60's that has already been discounted.

We have a concession rate for over 60's that has already been discounted.
I would simply highlight the fact note that there is no point in ordering tickets for over 60s, children between 11 and 16 or students (who attend other then the Tuesday). Simply get the adult ticket where the discount does apply and pay exactly the same using the discount code. At least then if you cannot make it on the day, it might be much easier to pass the ticket on to friends/family/club members, which could be used by anybody, over 60s/child/adult/student alike, unless the entry staff are going stop children/students/Over 60s at the gate for having an adult ticket?

Back