The piece of non photographic equipment you can't do without for your photos.

Gaffer tape is my most used non-photographic photography accessory. Great for holding lens hoods on among lots of other uses. :)

And that is why people still park on the pavements without a care.

Very grand sounding suggestion, but suggestions need to be workable to be worth anything, what would you do with all the cars that have nowhere to park?

It's been illegal to park on the pavement in Greater London since 1975.

Somehow most people get by without doing it. If you do, you're risking a fine.

Reactions: Sky
Another item I forgot earlier but always lives in all my camera bags is a 3x3 foot square of groundsheet, handy to put the bag on if the ground dirty, or to sit on if wet. The stuff I have is thermal (like the heavy duty space blanket) I spent a few hours laying on a bit a few years back on cold cement this time of year, the difference between the sheet and the cement was HUGE, I was quite comfy on a thin bit of vinal.
Something else I carry on me all the time is a good torch, I never leave the house without one.

Would it be to much trouble to agree to disagree over the pavement issue that wasn't what the thread was about. I believe on the forum there's actually a better place to have a debate about it.
Possibly in the Hot topics.

I agree actually, this thread isn't about 'parking on pavements'! That's a whole new debate for elsewhere, so if you want to discuss it, start a thread about it and discuss it amicably!! In The Lounge will do and don't let it turn hot!

Lets get back on track to the OP's title and with a little less aggression!

:police:

Binoculars.
I always take my binoculars.

Another item I forgot earlier but always lives in all my camera bags is a 3x3 foot square of groundsheet, handy to put the bag on if the ground dirty, or to sit on if wet. The stuff I have is thermal (like the heavy duty space blanket) I spent a few hours laying on a bit a few years back on cold cement this time of year, the difference between the sheet and the cement was HUGE, I was quite comfy on a thin bit of vinal.
Something else I carry on me all the time is a good torch, I never leave the house without one.

The groundsheet is a great idea, I usually sacrifice my coat.

Back