The power of wonderful forums like tP and tMP

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey All

I sincerely hope you don't mind my sharing with you what has turned out to be one of the most moving threads I have seen on my forum to-date. It tells the story of a fantastic guy - Stuart Pullin - whose online name on my forum is BeatTheSheep, who a year or so ago was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia. The thread on my site starts with is brother, Andy, posting a message telling everyone of his brothers predicament; the start of the thread is here .

Stuart regularly contributed to the thread, informing us of his progess and how he was doing. Stuart was a composer/arranger, and a very good one at that having had much of his music published and played by bands across the globe. He was also a wonderful example to everyone of kindness, sincerity, and humbleness - salt of the earth.

Stuart made his last post on tMP on 2nd Sept, and sadly passed away on 9th Sept.

His brother Andy, last night paid tribute to Stuart with what I consider one of the most moving tributes I've ever seen.

You can read it on the very last page of the thread - it is post number 208.

I wanted to share this with you all to show how wonderfully supportive online communities can be. There's only two sites I have come across with such a warm and welcoming appeal... my site - theMouthPiece.com, and here.

Have a listen to one of Stuarts arrangements on his MySpace page.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Stuart Pullin RIP.

John

I've just read the whole thread, very moving and he was obviously one of life's good people.

Just gave it a good read as well. My heart felt condolences to the relatives and friends. Such a waste when the good people of the world are lost.

Can I also just say that it's quite a privilege to be part of a community that is held in such high regard.

Sorry for not posting sooner, this hits close to home.
My sisters husband contracted this 2 years ago, I suppose you could say he's in remission as he responded well to the treatments and has been in good health for the past 18 months. Who knows what the future holds though.
He is an ordained minister of God and his faith is absolute but he is aware that his condition could change at any time.

It is the support of family, friends and communities which make getting through the hard times that bit easier.

Thanks John for sharing with us some of that community spirit.
Rest in Peace Stuart.

I don't know what to say John. Obviously I didn't know Stuart but after reading the whole thread it's clear he was one of the good people. Life just isn't fair.

RIP, Stuart

Back