THE PP GAME!

:)no worries, just hate the thought i would offend. some awesome edits(y)

You won't offend anyone at all....put your picture up whatever the case and it will be allowed unless there are things like UFO's floating around the place or dragons and unicorns...that sort of thing ;)

I'm glad you put it back up, clearly there's none of that going on :)

On a different note: there are some cracking edits going on. I didn't put one up as I didn't see what could be done - BOY WAS I WRONG! I need to know how the puzzle one was done and the names one just shows you how good you can make an otherwise "ordinary" picture.

Well done to all those who put one up, IMO this has been the most successful in in terms of original to edited.

Last edited:
I need to know how the puzzle one was done...

I use Pixelmator for my edits. For the puzzle one, I followed a fairly recent tutorial I'd seen. However, I think there are some Photoshop equivalents on YouTube...

And the winner is..............

6264036562_11ef5d9b03_b.jpg

Well done Vantage! Over to you.

Well done to all who entered, it was a very strong turn out this time, in both numbers and ideas shown. (y)

Well deserved win, there were some awesome edits, but this stood out above the rest for me:clap: Like said before, would love to know how its done?:D

Well done again(y)

Last edited:
Congrats Vantage, cracking use of type and colours.

Joan

looks like Roger picked the wrong week to win photo editing challenges! He won the 'other' thread as well the other day, but posted that he's on holiday for a week now and won't be able to post up a pic. Over to you Phil to decide what to do. :thinking:

Well done Roger, neatly done there. (Even though i've never heard of any of the 'legends' :LOL:)

Suppose I'll start this one off then.

Quick half hour job, might spend some more time on another one tomorrow
goatedit.jpg

-Open in Lightroom
increase exposure on ground by 2 stops, goat by 1 stop.
crop
vignette
-Open in Photoshop
rotate until ground is flat
clone in rest of ground
start again
do as follows

layerso.jpg

Last edited:
Heres my version.
Opened in ps ajusted in camera raw, cropped, bit of buring dodging, and selective sharpening.

6282901090_54dc92ae9e_b.jpg

Not sure but some kind of critical hardware failure. HDD is fine, its on my old old PC now (this one). PSU fine. I've had certain things die over the last few months. First the card reader unit, then the rear sound holes, then the wireless network card. I looked in the PC and there was a god awful amount of dust between the Fan and heatsink (CPU), plus the chipset (south bridge) heatsink was red hot. First the PC was crashing, but now it wont even put out a video signal, cant even get to the bios.

It does mean we're getting a new comp though. I managed to get the parts for a semi-decent gaming rig for under £300 Phenom 4X 955 BE, 4 gig of gaming ram, HD 5750, everything but drives basically. Pretty good budgeting if you ask me. Thus far i've been on a 1.6 Celeron dual core, it was slow when it came out 6 years ago :LOL:

Hope i didn't go too far off topic there.

Last edited:
thought this may look better as darker image, lowered the exposure, cropped, then cut out a moon and pasted over, erasing so it apears behind the tree and done
GoatandMoont.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure but some kind of critical hardware failure. HDD is fine, its on my old old PC now (this one). PSU fine. I've had certain things die over the last few months. First the card reader unit, then the rear sound holes, then the wireless network card. I looked in the PC and there was a god awful amount of dust between the Fan and heatsink (CPU), plus the chipset (south bridge) heatsink was red hot. First the PC was crashing, but now it wont even put out a video signal, cant even get to the bios.

It does mean we're getting a new comp though. I managed to get the parts for a semi-decent gaming rig for under £300 Phenom 4X 955 BE, 4 gig of gaming ram, HD 5750, everything but drives basically. Pretty good budgeting if you ask me. Thus far i've been on a 1.6 Celeron dual core, it was slow when it came out 6 years ago :LOL:

Hope i didn't go too far off topic there.

Glad your getting it sorted mate.

Any more? Closing tonight, winner announced tomorrow morning.

Joan

Well, I'm going to go with Flying Giraffe as he went down the same route as me........so congrats Flying Giraffe.

Here's mine

Moonlight_stroll.jpg

Thanks, wasn't sure what else I could add to the pic, then it came to me that it would suit a darker setting, I'll get one up tonight if thats ok

Well deserved win, there were some awesome edits, but this stood out above the rest for me:clap: Like said before, would love to know how its done?:D

Well done again(y)

Thanks very much. Not really good at giving run downs but when I get a chance I'll 'print screen' the psd if that would help? I'll just need to tidy up my sloppy organization of it all when I get time. (y)

Well done Vantage, it was the right choice...very good.

Congrats Vantage, cracking use of type and colours.

Joan

Thanks Phil and Joan. Much appriciated.

looks like Roger picked the wrong week to win photo editing challenges! He won the 'other' thread as well the other day, but posted that he's on holiday for a week now and won't be able to post up a pic. Over to you Phil to decide what to do. :thinking:

Well done Roger, neatly done there. (Even though i've never heard of any of the 'legends' :LOL:)

Once again Leigh you've got my back. Cheers. I'd never heard of any of them 'legends' either. All according to the plymouth wiki:LOL:

And the winner is..............

Well done Vantage! Over to you.

Well done to all who entered, it was a very strong turn out this time, in both numbers and ideas shown. (y)

Thought I'd may of taken this a bit far which is not unusual for me:nuts: Like you said there were very good edits on this and I'm chuffed to of won. Thanks Adey!

Thanks Neil and well won yourself(y). Don't have my external drive at hand so very limited at what I can post.

I took this the other day and for me it tells a common story of street life in Nam. I know its a poorly taken shot exposure wise and the trouble is I just cant seem to make it pop or standout in anyway. I'm all out of ideas with it to be honest.

I'm hoping you guys will help/inspire:)

6289084274_a71413e7c7_b.jpg

Nice shot - I like it.

Crying out for a bit of colour and contrast I reckon...

nam edit by tonky8203, on Flickr

Bossted gamma (lightened.)
Boosted contrast
Added Clarify filter
Increased saturation.
Boosted highlights slightly.
Added slight USM,
Added borders.

Selected green channel then went to image/calculations used blend mode overlay, exported as selection. I then added an adjustment curve to the selection to boost highlights. Copied the adjustment curve layer then inverted it and adjusted the curve for shadows.
Flattened image and added a little selective sharpening.

D2Q87.jpg

I wanted to illustrate this woman has probably done the same job every day for years, hence my edit. If anyone has any ideas of how else they would have achieved the above please quote your answer, I'd be interested to find out other ideas on how to get the same "feel".

Untitled-2_copy.jpg

Made a duplicate layer, flipped horizontally and erased what I didn't want to make the one picture. Used topaz adjust to get the desat/sharpened look and then added grain & scratches to the left hand side. Boosted saturation in the right 1/4 of the image.

Tried to make it 'pop', without overdoing it...

6289084274_a71413e7c7_b_1_.jpg

In Aperture:
Straightened/cropped.
Adjusted exposure, curves and colour (slightly).
Enhanced contrast, definition, saturation and vibrancy (very slightly).
Sharpened edges.
Added slight vignette.

Back