London The queens house at Greenwich

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening, with a trip to London to help wth homeless work next week while on holiday going to try to visit the Queens house at Greenwich as it as closed last time.
I know it's been done but looking to shoot the fab spiral staircase. Just wondered if this is allowed as I can't find anything online saying no photography. Sorry but this is on my to do lists.
Anybody shot this wonderful structure and any tips

I've photographed the spiral stair and no one said boo to me. No signs saying 'don't' so I just went ahead (I shot handheld, so I don't know if tripods would be allowed)

Ive shot the staircase a few times, never any problem.
There are a couple of building 'wardens' around but they haven't been standing near the stairs.
I used my tripod and a wide angle lens, just being courteous whenever anyone else wanted to shoot and moved it.
HTH

When I took this I had to wait for a couple of other guys to finish their shots before I could get to the "sweet spot" in the centre of the stairs.
They took their time and then I was there for about 15 minutes and although there were staff around nobody was challenged at any point.
I think the usual rules about photographing similar properties apply, namely, No tripods and No Flash, otherwise it's free.
(Taken before the recent renovations)
Queens House staircase.jpg
Canon EOS 70D, 10-22 EF-S lens @ 13mm, 1/250 @ f8, 800 ISO

PS. I notice that Ian says he used a tripod, so please disregard my previous comment.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I thought I was allowed just didn't want to dash over and feel annoyed when i got there and being told no photos. I think with tripods common sense is the order of the day just let others enjoy and don't get in the way. But thanks looking forward to my day even more. Great shot btw

Back