The Road Goes Ever On and On...

That's a winner right there. You don't get many mornings like that in a year.
After seeing your earlier picture I was hoping you'd use a longer lens to concentrate on more detailed shots to produce a picture like this assuming it was taken on the same morning.
I predominantly shoot long so this picture appeals to me greatly.

That's a winner right there. You don't get many mornings like that in a year.
After seeing your earlier picture I was hoping you'd use a longer lens to concentrate on more detailed shots to produce a picture like this assuming it was taken on the same morning.
I predominantly shoot long so this picture appeals to me greatly.

Thanks. I was like a kid in a sweet shop, lots of shots taken with long and wide lenses. Truly the mother lode of shoots, I think I probably got about 20 or 30 keepers, and I've sold dozens of prints from it. :D

I had many chances to return to Canada over the years and such
scenes are among the reasons I didn't…

The country is so very GINORMOUS that these tight, narrow, shal-
low valleys are hard to come by. There are other charms for sure
but not at such scale.

Good one, man!

I had many chances to return to Canada over the years and such
scenes are among the reasons I didn't…

The country is so very GINORMOUS that these tight, narrow, shal-
low valleys are hard to come by. There are other charms for sure
but not at such scale.

Good one, man!

Thanks!

As a landscape photographer, I count myself lucky to live in Britain. It's the perfect mix of scenery of every kind, from mountains to rolling fields to woods to dramatic coast line, coupled with a compactness that means you're rarely more than a couple of hours from any of them (or a Greggs).

Not sure someones choice of lens for landscape work is a matter of courage or lack thereof o_O ;)

Another fabulous misty shot :) tones to die for.

Any reason why you left the two campers on centre right?

You must be very pleased with that one, I'd be delighted. Excellent

As a landscape photographer, I count myself lucky to live in Britain. It's the perfect mix of scenery of every kind, from mountains to rolling fields to woods to dramatic coast line, coupled with a compactness that means you're rarely more than a couple of hours from any of them

Very true, we are very fortunate that we have such a varied landscape - and weather.

Dave

Oh that's nice. At first thoughts you think B&W would be good but then the hints of colour are what make it. Bet your happy with this

Thanks. Not exclusively!

Mountain Live, an early 70s album, was called The Road Goes Ever On. Well worth a listen. Printed on the back of the cover...." this record was made to be played loud"

Mountain Live, an early 70s album, was called The Road Goes Ever On. Well worth a listen. Printed on the back of the cover...." this record was made to be played loud"

Oh, lol. Before my time ;)

I got the title (as I suspect the album did) from The Lord of the Rings.

Back