The sexuality spectrum; what colour are you?

Where are you on the spectrum?

• Red - I'm completely heterosexual and I don't find members of the same sex attractive at all.

Votes: 62 31.2%
  • Orange - I'm completely heterosexual, but I can see same-sex people & say they're attractive.

Votes: 100 50.3%
  • Yellow - I'm mostly heterosexual, although I find some members of the same sex attractive.

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Lime - I prefer the opposite sex, but I am also interested in the same sex.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Green - I am equally interested in both sexes.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Aqua - I prefer the same sex, but I am also interested in the opposite sex.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Blue - I'm mostly homosexual, although I find some members of the opposite sex attractive.

• Indigo - I'm completely homosexual, but I can see opposite-sex people & say they're attractive.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Purple - I'm completely homosexual and I don't find members of the opposite sex attractive at all.

• Cheese Sandwich - None of these apply to me, because my sexuality refuses to be categorised!

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
Edit My Images
Yes
I stole this (with explicit permission) from another forum. On that forum, totally unrelated to sexuality or those issues in any way, there are more than a few "non-Reds".

I thought it might be interesting to see what this forum is like? Similar to real life and/or other forums? Do we select on here, by subject interest, for more or less of one or another?

Voting's anonymous :)

Last edited:
What about those of us who dont fall into any of those colours?

Orange - I'm completely heterosexual, but I can see same-sex people & say they're attractive.

Can I go with this? Nothing wrong with a lovely pair of lesbians IMO (y)

I'm orange

I'd have said red but that's akin to deliberately feeling the need to speak in a deep voice ;)

Last edited:
Can I go with this? Nothing wrong with a lovely pair of lesbians IMO (y)

:naughty: I agree - but as long as one of them aint "butch" or more manly than me ;)

RED as its my fav colour anyway....

Last edited:
Orange I guess - in that I can accept that other men are attractive in principle, even though I'm not attracted to them...

That's how I rationalise this - if not, then RED...lol

Still not listed even as a cheese sandwich:thinking:

If you don't into any colour... it's cheese sandwich is it not?

Orange I guess - in that I can accept that other men are attractive in principle, even though I'm not attracted to them...

Yep, red (y)

Lots of reds and oranges, infact more oranges than I might have thought :) Not so many of the other colours!

...Lots of reds and oranges, infact more oranges than I might have thought :) Not so many of the other colours!

Could be that some may think that their vote in the poll will/may show who they are by showing their user name...

Yellow me :naughty:

I like that some of the men are admitting to being orange. I like it when men are comfortable with their own sexuality to find other men attractive.

Whoa now, Vic: don't go over-egging the pudding! Just cos a chap can acknowledge the cut of another chap's jib, doesn't mean he wants to get all soppy about it. And stuff.

I chose Orange but in fact I may be red because all the people I point out as thinking they are attractive to women are apparently not... :LOL:

orange for me.. i can see why some guys appeal to the girls but without finding them attractive personally.

anyone saying red can you truthfully say youve never acknowledged that a guy may be attractive to someone? (i say guy because its all guys that have said red so far)

now thats a can of worms youve opened on yourself.. :)

Ditto.

anyone saying red can you truthfully say youve never acknowledged that a guy may be attractive to someone? (i say guy because its all guys that have said red so far)

Going with that I think that if you can call another person of the same sex ugly, or unattractive, then you have an idea of how someone attractive of the same sex looks, if that makes sense?:thinking:

It's easy enough to have a consensus of opinion about what's an attractive or ugly jalopy; teapot; dog; hi fi; camera etc., etc.

yellow for me xxx

This is so much easier for a girl to admit to than a guy. It is a lot more socially acceptable for a girl to be bi, than what it is for a guy. Even the gay community find bi girls more socially acceptable than bi guys. Why? Who knows... :thinking: :shrug:

This is so much easier for a girl to admit to than a guy. It is a lot more socially acceptable for a girl to be bi, than what it is for a guy. Even the gay community find bi girls more socially acceptable than bi guys. Why? Who knows... :thinking: :shrug:

I sort of agree and sort of not. Certainly there are still homophobic people out there, but also I am continually suprised by the amount of hot-blooded hetero males I meet who are entirely fine with the gays, makes no odds at all. I'm sure that say's something about me that I am suprised (sorry!), but it's in the good way! :LOL:

But then I guess being Bi is a bit different, I know of a few "secret" bi men who aren't out to anyone, not even friends...

Back