The ShowGround

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Yukky day weather wise, very over cast, but a quick run through got a few keepers, including this lot, which I think covers the bulk of the day.....

1 - the Heavy Horses

carriage.jpg

2 - A Hawk, possibly shocked by the Nikon weilding woman if the look on his face is anything to go by.

hawk4.jpg

3 - More heavy horse.

heavyhorse.jpg

4 - The Judges
people.jpg

5 - Racing dogs - most of them were terriers, but this pair were the best of a bad bunch of shots taken when it was raining and really horrible...though watching the dogs was great fun.

racingdogs.jpg

6 - Show Jumping - this girl was brilliant, just as she rode past us, her name and that of her pony came over the PA system... WRONG NAME [for the pony], the LOOK she cast back at the commentary box over her shoulder was a classic! :LOL:

showjump.jpg

7 - and I have saved the very best for last, as I know that right now Rob is going to be creased up laughing again....
... friends, I give you.... THE SUGAR PLUM FAIRY!!

sugarplum.jpg

I await the pics from the mighty howizter collection soon! :D ;)

A good and varied set! Particularly like 2, 6 and 7 - the hawk looks great and that poor horse in the last one! lol

some good shots :) There was a local show on in this neck of the woods last weekend, but the weather was terrible so didnt go along to take any shots in the end. That hawk has to be my favourite shot of the group though :)

Sounds like you had less rain than we had at our show ground. Some good shots there.

SportFlowershow2007-4002800x533.jpg

TBH if I saw an owl wielding a nikon I would be shocked too. :LOL:

Some lovely shots there, the bird one is good but I think no. 3 just pips it, excellent framing. :)

2 - A Hawk, possibly shocked by the Nikon weilding woman if the look on his face is anything to go by.

Goshawks always look like that just-before-they-move-in-for-the-kill :D
Great shot of the horse in #3 as well (y)

love the last one, i would put that in my wallet when she is 16 to use...
"tidy your room or i'll show your friends the photo in my wallet"
having a daughter myself, photos in the same vain have worked.

excellent pix!

I do feel sorry for the horse in the last one - just don't show his stable-mates!

The hawk is stunning - even has what looks like a carrier for shotgun cartridges on each leg!!!

Great set LL :clap: The hawk is the winner, superb shot. Need's entering into a caption competition that one! Nice capture of the show jumping girl - yeah she wasn't amused when they got her name wrong was she :LOL:

Number 7 is my fav - just one of those moment when I didn;t what to say!

Great set LL (y) I looked quickly the day you posted them and kept on meaning to come back and comment... I changed my forum background to black today, and I can tell you they really stand out on black.

Anyway... yes very good. I particularly like the 6th one :)

Back