The Six Nations

Ireland on a roll, I'm highly doubting that England or Italy can stop us - That's the 3 toughest opposition teams done and dusted IMHO

Despite the loss, I enjoyed the Ireland v Wales game. Ireland are on it just now, I think they are capable of beating any team in the world. I was encouraged by Wales though, the spirit is there, I also think the talent is too, just not the experience across the board. Discipline is their biggest flaw just now though, IMO.

Being a Welshman living in Scotland, the Scotland win made up for the Welsh loss.

Despite the loss, I enjoyed the Ireland v Wales game. Ireland are on it just now, I think they are capable of beating any team in the world. I was encouraged by Wales though, the spirit is there, I also think the talent is too, just not the experience across the board. Discipline is their biggest flaw just now though, IMO.

Being a Welshman living in Scotland, the Scotland win made up for the Welsh loss.

Wales desperately need a decent centre partnership, North isn't the answer and Tompkins is too predictable, Costello at 10 has done nothing to inspire and when Lloyd came on the backs looked a different outfit, Beard is another that can stay at home in a fortnight, having said all that, the back row were, once again immense, the lineout looked better and more confident and our 9's looked comfortable. We looked good at times but let's not forget we shipped 4 tries and responded with none, Italy and France will be big tests, but I fancy Wales to do the 2 of them. The Grand slam is surely there for Ireland on a plate now, good luck to them, they deserve it.

So the England newbies include Fraser Dingwall - ex Scotland under 18 captain, Fin Smith whose Grandad played rugby for Scotland, Tom Roebuck who was born in Inverness, Chandler Cunningham-South raised in NZ from age 4, Ethan Roots born and raised in NZ, and the Cardiff born Immanuel Feyi-Waboso.
All within the IRB rules, so no issue.
I will however happily remind English folks about these when they start the South Africa A schtick.

Well! Up the blues!!!

Hope the green/white game is as good.

I'm always a bit nervous when we face England, it's the hype, the occasion - I think we'll beat them but I expect a scrappy game

My gut feeling was correct, so glad I didn't put money on this one or I'd be a wreck :ROFLMAO:

The question has to be asked though, why did England not play like this from the start of the campaign??

Peter Cook always used to bet against his team so that if Spurs (IIRC!) lost, he could still have a drink to celebrate...

Bit scrappy but a decent enough game.

Yeah as expected, scrappy, but very much entertaining, bit of a nail biter for the last 10 mins. GG Engerland, GG. They were the better team on this day.

My gut feeling was correct, so glad I didn't put money on this one or I'd be a wreck :ROFLMAO:

The question has to be asked though, why did England not play like this from the start of the campaign??
England turned up yesterday, haven't seen them play like that since the world cup semi final. They always compete hard but it really felt like they were throwing everything into it. I wasn't expecting anyone to beat Ireland this year as they've been like a juggernaut in recent internationals, so was completely surprised by the result.

Also, so pleased for Italy, especially after the way the France game ended.

Not the results I expected at all :jawdrop:, glad I'm not a betting man.

Not my best sporting day, Verstappen won the GP:rolleyes:, Scotland lost, England won :LOL:. Fingers crossed Wales might put it right later today.

Well, that was the result I was expecting but not the scoreline!

Finals day :)
The under 20’s managed to win, let’s see if the grown ups can manage it :)

I'm not ( for the 1st time ever) looking forward to a Wales game, I can't get my head around the centre selection, both dropped for the game last week because they weren't good enough, then North announces he's retiring and gets picked in the partnership that was dropped. A great servant to the red shirt, but George is not the future and with Gatland constantly using the 'rebuilding' excuse for our abysmal results it might well see the beginning of the end of his tenure, maybe he should have looked at blooding the potential World cup 2027 players rather than picking players who really haven't done that much in the last 5 or 6 years.
I can't see anyone finishing above Ireland. I fancy they will be too strong at home against Scotland and there will be no surprise winner IMHO.

I didn’t see all last week’s game but I thought the 2 Welsh centres had a decent game in the circumstances.

Last edited:
TBH, I don't really care (too much!) about the results - a set of games as good as last week's will do me just fine!

You'll find me behind the sofa this afternoon, mostly. :chicken:

Reactions: nog
Turned up a bit late!!!

GG Ireland, would have been sweeter to have the grand slam going into Paddy's day, but a tourney win is a win. GG to the Scot's too for putting it up to them, certainly wasn't the run over many expected

It's been a weird 6 nations with some suprise match winners. Despite Wales coming off worse than anyone, I still enjoyed it, I think we saw some outstanding rugby.

Last edited:
Especially the last few games.

France v. England was very exciting. Must be quite an experience to play in a stadium with so much atmosphere.
People are moaning about the last minute penalty but in my eyes Care was the culprit when he kicked the ball to France with about 3 mins to go.

Back