The successful photographers club?

I think a TP member is behind this. I'm sure I've seen some posts using this tag, but not certain.

Oh really? I wonder who then, as I keep getting random messages for me to fill in surveys about the national bodies that I am a member of. I get suspicious when this kind of thing starts happening completely unsolicited, especially from a website with such a pretentious name.

Agree. It sound like (on no evidence whatsoever, of course) one of those "make £££££ from <photography/making garden gnomes/cleaning patios/open heart surgery> !!!" things.

Usual clues are a website in day-glo colours and no portfolio. If it mentions the 'secrets' of photography, that's often another clue. Along with lots of undated testimonials.

Go me! See? I too can reveal the Secrets of Photography!!!. Just send Lots of Moneyand I'll send you Some stuff that can only be learned by spending five minutes on the interwebs!!!!.

No camera necessary.

Testimonials:

Jon Ryan is the greatest photographer ever!!! A. Adams
Gosh! I never knew I could get so rich!!! I knew nothing about photography until Jon introduced me to his system!!! H. Cartier Bresson

hahahahah...this sounds more like the "cockie Group"......i am glad there are not many....I was just curious...I guess I am a bit confident entering here....but truth to be told I have lotsssss to learn.....I am good but always room for improvement :)...

Visit my humble Portfolio
www.photographybymariavasquez.com

I would like to shoot so much more and upgrade gear soon !!!!!

Nice to meet you all here....this is much better and productive than FB!!!

Last edited:
impressive site James....my respects to Documentary Photography and intriguing Art images....lovely....

Hang on, my name is Paul and I work in Telford, it isn't me is it? :bang:

(NO, IT ISN'T!)

OMG! Where do I sign up, I want to be the bestest photogramapher on the internets!!111!! :D

You've already failed the first test by getting a Sony! :D

On a more serious note, are there any sanctions that the Mods/Admin can impose for spamming site members?

Does the email have an 'opt out' facility James? If not then Mr Spiers is a very naughty boy!

You've already failed the first test by getting a Sony! :D

Did someone say something? hello?

:LOL:

On a more serious note, are there any sanctions that the Mods/Admin can impose for spamming site members?

Does the email have an 'opt out' facility James? If not then Mr Spiers is a very naughty boy!

He does indeed have an opt out link that goes to a website url of photographymarketing.co.uk so I haven't clicked it as I don't like validating addresses to unknown parties ;)

MIVC said:
hahahahah...this sounds more like the "cockie Group"......i am glad there are not many....I was just curious...I guess I am a bit confident entering here....but truth to be told I have lotsssss to learn.....I am good but always room for improvement :)...

Visit my humble Portfolio
www.photographybymariavasquez.com

I would like to shoot so much more and upgrade gear soon !!!!!

Nice to meet you all here....this is much better and productive than FB!!!

Hi Maria, and welcome to TP, I think most people on here understand that theres always something to learn, it's just a question of who from.

Hi Maria, and welcome to TP, I think most people on here understand that theres always something to learn, it's just a question of who from.

Agreed 100%!

If you think that you've learnt everything in this game , then something is amiss somewhere! :D

Originally Posted by malo50

Agreed 100%!

If you think that you've learnt everything in this game , then something is amiss somewhere! :D

Alternatively, there are some people on TP who do know it all. Just ask one of them. :whistle:

Originally Posted by jon ryan
Alternatively, there are some people on TP who do know it all. Just ask one of them.

Guilty (occasionally) as charged - but not when it comes to camera-snappy type stuff!! :p :D

Yeah, but you can back up your claims of knowledge with evidence of published work. There's the difference.

I haven't even bothered looking at the website ;)

Oh you really have to look - Both the portfolio and personal sites are hilarious.

I particularly love the fact that the "successful photographers" site is a (very) bog standard template with a very bog standard stock shot as the banner.

Have to agree with others, the name doesn't really inspire me and neither does the website.

I get loads of emails from the Successful Photographers Club. Never responded though. I feel like replying with… "I don't want to be successful. Just good" Maybe that will make them stop :D

Well, as he's on here you could send a polite pm. I wonder if he'll come on to explain just what it is he offers?

Thank you very much for the welcoming :)

I hope it is not me breaking rules in here, whatever the matter is going on :-(.....If I do, it would be pure lack of knowledge ......Peace & Love...actually; Photography & Peace :)

Back