The TalkPhotography Camera Weigh In!

Name
King
Edit My Images
Yes
My friend Hanne who came with me to Whipsnade has just brought herself a D300.

I have a D70 and certainly her camera felt a lot heavier than mine. I know a couple of magazine reviews have said about the weight of the D300.

Does anyone who know what the respective weights are? At some point I will replace the D70 but have to careful as I am currently being treated with a problem with my arms and I don't want to aggrivate the problem.

Isn't the D300 an Magnesium alloy body and the D70 plastic?

My D200 is fairly heavy, but i prefer this as it reduces camera shake.

JB

according to web sites, the D300 less lens and battery is about 825 grammes. The D70 is 595Grammes.

Add the battery and the D70 goes up to 680gms.I don't have a weight with battery for the D300.

Nikon D300 Weight
Approx. 825 g without battery, memory card, body cap, or monitor cover

Nikon D70 Weight
Approx. 595 g without battery, memory card, body cap, or monitor cover

Silly question but as you were 'in the field' so to speak ... :cautious: ... were they carrying the same lenses et al ... :shrug:

And anyway ... you could always plonk them on the kitchen scales to get a true user weighting ... :thinking:

:p

fuji SLRS S3 + S5 use a nikon mount, fuji themselves dont produce any lenses, i think the entire body itself (bar the sensor and electronic bitz is a bought in item from nikon

LOL how much does that lot weigh ? I ended up carrying a 1d Mk3, 20D, 100-400 and 600F4L with the Gitzo and Wimberley at Whipsnade, along with various spare batteries and a flash, no wonder my arms ache ! lol
No idea, a lot! lol
Once you add the tripod even more. Although you get used to it very quickly so although it used to be hard work its now quite easy.

LOL how much does that lot weigh ? I ended up carrying a 1d Mk3, 20D, 100-400 and 600F4L with the Gitzo and Wimberley at Whipsnade, along with various spare batteries and a flash, no wonder my arms ache ! lol

Ian never saw you again after we all met up in the car park! You didn't sink in the mud with all weight did you?!

Back