The technical side of life [new backlit shot added]

If, as it looks, you are not using a trigger gate then these are possibly the very best water drops on the internet by far. I think I have seen hundreds including those by Martin Waugh who many consider to be the "master". Absolutely brilliant!!

Martin is very very good in this type of work.
However for thinking outside the box, my vote goes for Photoopa (check Flickr)
His stuff is on a different level from Martin.

Allan

Martin is very very good in this type of work.
However for thinking outside the box, my vote goes for Photoopa (check Flickr)
His stuff is on a different level from Martin.

Allan

I assume you mean Fotoopa? Yeh his stuff is awesome too :) He's a contact of mine but hasn't uploaded any water stuff for a while :(

I;m loving the first one. I have not been able to try this yet as my camera does not have liveview and so focus is always off :crying:. Will be getting a 50d this month so hopefully I can get practicing. Particularly like the backlighting, makes it look "mercurial" :LOL:

I;m loving the first one. I have not been able to try this yet as my camera does not have liveview and so focus is always off :crying:. Will be getting a 50d this month so hopefully I can get practicing. Particularly like the backlighting, makes it look "mercurial" :LOL:

Thank you so much :D Yeh, in all honesty it would be 10X harder without the liveview.. which, I use on 10X magnification, so probably exactly 10X harder :LOL:

One from just now (click to enlarge):

These just keep getting better and better Ash. Had another go myself tonight and got a few dodgy ones. Talk about frustrating:bang:

fabulistic! I honestly cant see how these can improve.....perfection

I don't use live view to focus I just start the drops off and use a wooden skewer resting across the sides of the tray, when the drips hit it full on I turn off the water and focus on the skewer, then set to manual focus take the skewer away and away you go :shrug:

Last edited:
Just seen that last shot on your FlickR, just when I think you've peaked you go and totally out-do yourself... again :p I've run out of superlatives, so it's just a mighty(y) from me!

Carl

Okay next challange we want to see images inside the small droplets as they break off:shrug::shrug::shrug:

TBH these just keep getting better and better

These just keep getting better and better Ash. Had another go myself tonight and got a few dodgy ones. Talk about frustrating:bang:

Thanks! Keeo trying :p :)

fabulistic! I honestly cant see how these can improve.....perfection

Thanks so much Robbo!

Just seen that last shot on your FlickR, just when I think you've peaked you go and totally out-do yourself... again :p I've run out of superlatives, so it's just a mighty(y) from me!

Carl

Hehe, thanks Carl!

Okay next challange we want to see images inside the small droplets as they break off:shrug::shrug::shrug:

TBH these just keep getting better and better

I have seen one like that... I may use that idea, ta ;)

Today's:

Last edited:
Back