The TP iPhone Apps and Updates Thread

I got Angry Birds and love it - great for when your board! Thing is, my 8 yr old brother loves it too, and wakes me up every morning t 6 so he can play it til he gets thru all the levels. I buy all these games for me, Asphalt 5 etc, and end up letting someone else play them and unlock all the levels! :LOL:

Superb. Cheers All. All up to date.

I highly recommend Skobbler, it's a SatNav app.
Details can be seen at: http://www.skobbler.co.uk/
The 'Lite' version (which I use) is Free to download from the Apps Store, or there is a £1.19 version which has the Speed Camera warnings included (y)

Thank you matey!!! I have been waiting for a decent priced full sat nav (especially with 'traffic blackspots' aka speed cameras). You sir are a legend.

Can't see this one in the list, dSLR Toolkit for Dummies, lots of basic info including setting suggestions for different types of shots in different lighting conditions.... all for £0.59p, bargin!

nice little photography freebie: Vint B&W. Creates "vintage" B&W shots. No controls to fiddle with (which is both good and bad), just take a photo and convert it to B&W.

For games, I can also recommend Cat Physics and also Doodle God

ibooks is a good app, I emailed myself a PDF copy of my 50D manual and now carry it with me on my phone, you never know when it will come in handy.

fat booth is hilarious as well

Logitech Touch Mouse - Website App Store Turn your iPhone into a wireless mouse (over WiFi only) - Free

I'm a bit stuck witthis - where do I go on my iMac to get the ip address? I've put in the address it uses to connect to the bt home hub, but that's not working?
Help much appreciated :)

Just thought I'd bump this thread as I've just entered the world of the iPhone too, so will be having a read through to download some decent apps!

I'm a bit stuck witthis - where do I go on my iMac to get the ip address? I've put in the address it uses to connect to the bt home hub, but that's not working?
Help much appreciated :)

Did you get this working Lawrence? If you go to System Preferences>Network and click on your wifi, your IP Address will be displayed :)

Some good apps I have found

Photography Trainer - Basic help to setup for various different shooting situations - 59p
Nikon Learn and Explore - lots of info updated regularly - free
Min-u Guides - Details of all your camera menu options with instruction and guides to altering the settings guides are available for most Nikon cameras - £1.79

Must say I'm loving the FREE lightmeter app. I actually take shots and see something other than a black screen at last :LOL:

Last edited:
I' found this one the other day and I'm completely addicted to it. Well worth the £1.59 :)

Star Walk

http://vitotechnology.com/star-walk.html

Whether you are Star Wars or Star Trek fans, astronomy beginners or amateurs discover stars, planets, constellations and more with Star Walk. The most amazing, high quality, dynamic and realistic stargazing guide on Earth. It makes astronomy easy for everybody!

A friend showed it to me on his iPad and it's incredible on there. Still good on the iPhone though :)

Not sure if it's been mentioned on the forum, off for a search in a moment but thought it'd be useful here; Had a little check out online about using TV out on the iphone/ipad using a vga converter (or composite cables).

Now if your phone like mine is not jailbroken then you'll only see youtube, atomic browser, safari i think, photos, videos. But if it's jailbroken there is a cydia app called tv out which means you can see everything, the homescreen, games, everything. And from what I've seen on youtube, the games look great!

Just got the tp app on my android phone.
Awesome!

If you have toddlers, you MUST get the Thomas the Tank Engine app. Has join the dots, book, song, jigsaw and painting and my son (almost 3) loves it. Humf is ok too, as is Peppa.

If you like cricket, the Big Cup Cricket is excellent. Cover Orange is as good as Angry Birds!

The Peppa Pig app is good, my son loves it and even I find myself playing with it at times.

Excellent thread (y)

Some pretty good recommendations out of here.

Pocket Informant gets (y) (y) (y) from me, it's a pretty advanced contact & schedule management application.

I've just downloaded the sky news app and it's amazing! It's like something from a movie. All the stories are presented as video clips and when you tap one it slides to the middle of the screen and starts playing. At the same time other relevant info slides into place around the clip such as pictures, related video clips, stats etc. Clicking one of these brings it into focus while still playing the original clip in one corner. You really need to try it.

Incidentally, it runs very smoothly on the iPad 2 :)

Back